1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Terry traded to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 31, 2014.

?

Do you like the trade of non-guaranteed contracts for Jason Terry and two 2nd rounders?

1. YES

483 vote(s)
    77.7%
  2. NO

139 vote(s)
    22.3%
  1. solodolo

solodolo Member

When I was reading that post I didn't even had to look at the username to know what poser wrote it ^^ .

2. Darmonx

Darmonx Contributing Member

i hate the Rockets right now. Lose continuity with Parsons, Asik, and Lin then get one of the most hated Ex Maverick ever. I hate you Morey!

3. bmd

bmd Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Remii

Remii Member

LOL @ Rockets fans who are complaining about Terry yet they kiss McHale's Celtic @**...

A bunch of Lamonts... Big dummies.

5. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol nice

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The things Morey will do for 2nd rounders...

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Suck it, Cuban! Aww...somebody's butt hurt again. :( ;)

9. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

It amazes me that we have one of the top players in the NBA, but some people just can't keep themselves from running them down.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Eh, we'll see. I guess he is by default, but he has not been impressive in FIBA thus far.

As sad as it is, I see Garcia having a better shot at getting the lion's share of backup SF minutes unfortunately.

Terry will not contribute this season and it's hard for me to get excited about 2nd round picks when we are in win-now mode.

If those picks/Terry are packaged in another deal, then great.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  12. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

Not only that, but he aggregated smaller unguaranteed contracts into one big MLE sized expiring. Makes trading at the deadline a lot easier when you are trading one for one versus 4 for one.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

haha thanks!

I'd like to add that we might see one more trade like this before the season starts. here's why:

1) in order to match terry's contract we only need to send out gee and powell. This leaves us with hopson and covington as the remaining NG contracts worth just under 2.5M but in trade can net us an expiring contract worth just over 3M.

2) another ending contract would mean more trade flexibility, but since we are trading NG contracts, we might be able to net another second rounder.

similar to this trade, we would target teams who are close to or over the LT line. they would be most interested in NG contracts (for immediate savings or more wiggle room under the LT). below are teams that fit the bill, and their expiring contracts which equal around $3M:

Pacers: Copeland
    Knicks - Outlaw

thats it. some other teams that are close to the LT do have expiring contracts in that price range but wouldn't want to give away a rotation player like the grizzlies and kufous or wizards and miller.

the problem here is that the knicks don't care about paying the tax. they would rather have talent and hope to make the playoffs this year. the pacers with copeland i really like as a possibility (and our last remaining). they probably won't resign him next summer (or risk paying the LT for him), they wont win anything this season with george out, they could get a younger/cheaper version of him in covington.

if there is another trade like this before the season starts it might be hopson/covington for copeland, maybe outlaw. dark horse would be will bynum because he is the 4th PG on the roster and they'd probably rather not have to cut him and still pay the $3M. NG contracts could get that deal done.

1 person likes this.
  14. guanwangzhe

guanwangzhe Member

It's your "super star" Harden no show performance killed Rockets in the playoff, not the "roll player" Lin.

15. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Clutchs Needs to Create amd Sticky a Negativity Thread so people can stop attacking each other

16. guanwangzhe

guanwangzhe Member

Rockets is getting older and uglier. Where is the "new age", the youngest team in NBA?

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Thanks for clarifying your not a rockets fan..... Now bounce loser.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You mean the team that finished 9th in the West 100 years in a row?? We're done with that team.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Jerebko
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m9lugog

Joel Anthony
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mp7sazs

Shved
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ngxq8yx

Barea
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pqc5qcw

Freeland
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oxrm2m9

Some of the trades I added Canaan in. I'm we'd get a decent 2nd or two in return.

20. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Trade Alonzo Gee?