1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

American beheaded by ISIS, Obama makes remarks and then heads straight to the golf course

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

2. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Bingo. Funny how the standard is to compare Obama to Bush. A really high bar people set for the President. :rolleyes: The days of comparing Obama to Lincoln came and went quickly.

3. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

It isn't that it is "the standard," it is to point out the utter hypocrisy of complaining about Obama's vacations when the last President they elected took more than twice as many vacation days to this point in their presidency.

4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Actually, it is the standard.

"...but Bush".

Kind of old and busted, but keep throwing it out there.

5. GladiatoRowdy

When listening to people complaining about how much time Obama spends on vacation or on the golf course, it seems appropriate to compare that behavior with the behavior of previous holders of that office.

Wouldn't you agree?

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Ok, by your logic, then shouldn't you applaud George W Bush for quitting golf once the Iraq war broke out? He did that out of respect for the families of troops killed in the war.

Meanwhile, Obama makes a statement about the beheaded American and then hits the links.

7. GladiatoRowdy

Actually, no he didn't, that is a myth that y'all keep repeating. He took some time off playing, but played plenty after the "Mission Accomplished" incident.

Try again, rookie.

Oh, and Bush is supportive of Obama's golf habit...

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/23/president-bush-supports-obamas-golf-habit/

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Pathetic response that you didn't even back up with fact. (then you tried to hurriedly edit your post, lol)

You were blown out of the water and humiliated yet again.

bottom line is that you support Obama's jovial golfing after an American's neck was severed by a terrorist and broadcasted for all to see.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Journalists are damn cunning bastards that go way to far to try to cover stories for ignorant Americans. This guy died what he loved doing. Try to get good coverage.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder why you edited out parts of it. And honestly it doesn't say anything regarding him promising not to take vacations. Sounds like propaganda.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's so weird that people hold Obama to a much higher standard than they did Bush. I guess when you hate someone, you just hate them.

12. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

I know that it's a political cartoon, but it is so damn true!

13. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I didn't edit it. I also don't think whatever editing actually changed what he said.

You can honestly sit there and post that this is propaganda when it is so clear what he was talking about.

Bush didn't make this comments. Obama did. And as a man, I judge a man based on his word and what he says he is going to do more than anything else. And I have a hard time believing you think Obama is a very honest person.

14. rudan

rudan Member

I've always hated how idiots have that bumper sticker on their cars. As if it makes them a better person for doing so.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't see what is morally reprehensible about advocating not wanting to kill each other based on religious ideology. You do know that there are Muslims that agree with this also.

16. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

I don't think he's saying that it's morally reprehensible... I read it as if he was saying that they do it not because they actually have an actual opinion on the subject, but because it is trendy or cool (thus why he was calling them idiots).

17. fchowd0311

How did he come to this assertion? I don't think it's difficult to have an opinion on wanting to or not wanting to kill others based on faith. Personally, I think it's a positive that not wanting to kill others based on faith is "trendy and cool".

18. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

it's not that they are for or against it, everyone (for the most part) is against killing other people, the point was that their use of the coexist sticker is to serve another purpose that is separate from the issue of killing people.

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

the bumper sticker is so misguided too. If you take out the Islamic crest all of those groups get along just fine and have for decades. The bumper sticker should just be an Islamic crest and it should say 'learn to coexist like the rest of the world'

20. fchowd0311

Revisionist history at work. BTW do you honestly believe that your way of singling out Muslims is going to make them more willing to coexist. "You guys suck. Now will you be our friends."

This is why I precisely have a distaste for individuals such as Pamela Geller. Individuals like her have not even a basic concept of human psychology. She believes that she can keep on verbally condemning and berate all Muslims and this will somehow result in them growing an affinity towards western ideology. People like her are not the solution to the problem instead they just exacerbate the problem.

#140 fchowd0311, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014