1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jch1911

jch1911 Member

LOL'd

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Initially, back in July, Drew said Morey was going hard after Bledsoe.

I guess because Bledsoe was expected to stay, it looked like Dragic would be available. I believe Both Plowman and dragic mentioned Dragic at that point (IIRC), that's when all this Dragic talk blew up, but then Bledsoe started acting up and negotiations went nowhere. So, now it's Bledsoe who's become available, which is who Morey wanted all along, at least from what Drew said.

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

Morey has been rumored to want Rubio since before he was drafted. I agree...if we get Rubio, he won't be a trade asset.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I want a lot of things; I sure hope DM the GM has no want in that want.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I would flip DMO+Pellies Pick+future pick+Johnson for Rubio in a heartbeat.

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ahahaha...Yeah, it's an effin truckload isn't it?!?! :grin:

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Hell yeah I'd do that.

We would get to keep Jones, Beverley, Papanikolaou, Capela, Canaan, most of our non guaranteed contracts, our TPE. We could easily make a package for Faried or Milsap with all of those remaining assets. Even if you think Rubio isn't much, you have to agree that Rubio + Faried or Milsap would put us near over the top.

Rubio
    Harden
    Ariza
    Faried(Milsap)
    Howard

FTW.

8. Plowman

Supporting Member

Hey Francis3422 - For the record, I think he'll be the best PG in the League in a couple of years....and wherever he is..THEY WILL WIN. He will make everyone better... I'd love to see him become a Rocket, contrary to what many think....It IS one of those " For a price Ugarte, for a price" deals though.

And also ...PEACE with regard to all that other stuff, man.

9. jch1911

jch1911 Member

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Plowman sir I do not believe I ever disparaged you when I was going through my negative stretch. If I did or seemed to have done so I did not mean it. I think of you as I think of Codman. You guys were posters first and good posters at that. Of course I believe that you happened along inside information and I thank you for passing it along. We used to value legit inside info (popeye,doc) and there wasn't the element around that would srew with us so hard (IE roe4christ). It was cleaner back then.

I was critical of Drew. He seems to be establishing a track record of a few hits but his Saturday prediction stings. Still... Who knows... Maybe you are his source.:)

All of this stuff is so fluid I realized I cannot get my hopes up. I jumped for joy when I saw LBJ go to CLE because I thought Bosh was a lock. It is so fluid it is why you should not be blamed even if nothing happens.

We are going to ground James Harden into dust if we don't get him help. Especially if we expect him to D it up. I pray to god you are correct. Hopefully it is SOOOONNNN. But my source said August 29. ;)

And yes.... Even though I value EBs value to create offense, I like Rubio most of all.

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Awesome thank you! I would love to have either one but I would prefer Bledsoe

12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Rubio is a star? I guess he does keep people on the edge of their seats from when he dribbles all the way to when he goes up for a layup. No one knows what to expect ... Will it go in? Will it not? Probably not but there's a chance

13. Plowman

Supporting Member

Cool, good deal. We've been here a long time and I've grooved on your posts over the years too.
    And my apologies for going a little overboard. Like you said, it's changed a bit around here over the years...perhaps my patience had worn thin at that point and I took it out on you.

Anyway, it's been one rollercoaster of an offseason...highs, near misses, lows...big swings..

But, "Happy Times" are on the way....and we're in for one helluva season. It's been awhile, but it looks like for the first time in a looong time, we'll have a legitimate window.

This stretch of years starting now ...Days of Grace...part of what we live for.

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

You had to go with Happy times didn't you?

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

" I just really wanted to **** Morey over again " - Cuban.

16. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Plowman, have you heard any names involved in trade talks outside of Rubio, Dragic, Bledsoe, and Faried?

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Oh my god that is horrible. Shame on you.

18. Plowman

Supporting Member

Couldn't resist. ;)

August 29th, eh?

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

PG is one of the deepest positions in the league. I'm not a huge fan, and even less so given the fit. The ball will be in Harden's hands in the half court more than anyone else, rightfully.

He's still very young, and is a solid FT shooter. It truly is with him become an average shooter and you are a multiple all-star. As one of the worst shooters in history, he's an average player that helped contribute to 4th quarter after 4th quarter losses because of the offensive breakdowns in crunch time because he couldn't shoot.

If he wants max, then it's scary. It's not like he's a picture of perfect health either.

20. traveler

traveler Member

Morey is willing to go with what we have into the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.