1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[KTRK News] Three Employees Shot La Hacienda (Memorial near Dairy Ashford) 8/20/2014

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SwoLy-D, Aug 21, 2014.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Three Employees Shot at popular Mexican restaurant La Hacienda (west side of Houston, on Memorial Dr. near Dairy Ashford) 8/20/2014
    This is one of our favorite restaurants near our neighborhood... I know we will be extra careful around there and be safer, but...

F#@)($*&#() lowlifes without anything to do but cause trouble. :mad: I hope they're captured.

Be on the lookout for these scumbags. Be careful out there, my fellow West Side Houston peeps. :(

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I eat at the restaurant almost weekly...since I was born. It's the oldest restaurant out on this side of town. Great people there in the waitstaff that have become friends over the years...I pray they're ok today.

3. conquistador#11

f'ng psychopaths. To almost take three lives for a wallet which probably won't have more than fitty' dollars.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Who the hell would do that? It's not like they make a lot of money.

5. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I've been going there every since I was a kid. Praying that they make it out okay. :(

6. SwoLy-D

You've probably seen me and the missus with a friend or another family there :cool: but I usually don't carry my smileys in person.

All seriousness but joking aside, it hits me deep. If we have friends to whom we'd like to treat to a quick-and-dirty Tex/Mex dish or a flavored 'Rita, this is the place we take them. We've probably gone once a month since moving into the area. What bugs me, however, is that I am fearing it will be a bit scarier around this area because it is not known for many crimes like the one mentioned in the story and I hope it's not a new trend.

I wonder if they had cameras in the places where the crimes occurred. I hope so. :eek:

7. MadMax

Chron is now reporting one of the victims died. :(

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Weird.... I was driving by there last night around that time.... I decided to go to Smashburger on briar forest and Eldridge thou..... Didn't know Swoly lives on my side of town...... The possibilities

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Weird. I had no idea Eldridge and briar forest was Katy. I was also there yesterday for my new job. ****load of traffic in that side of town. Hands down, Katy girls are the best.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well dang. I go with coworkers there for lunch every now and then. Sucks to hear 1 was killed.

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Eldridge and Briar Forest is Katy? I thought it was just south west side of Houston....... Katy cant be this close to Alief......

12. SwoLy-D

It's not.
    No. :eek:

That area is called the "Energy Corridor" in West Houston.

13. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

:eek: Sad sad sad. Too close to home.

I live about a mile away, if that, and I eat there about once a week. I feel like I know the entire staff, such nice people..prayers for a speedy recovery to the injured.

#FajitaPoblanaForDinner

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

See most robbers just bring the gun and pray they aren't forced to use it.
    These psychopaths just started gunning everyone down wtf.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Katy is west of Highway 6 / Barker Cypress.

16. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

sucks to hear. I know plenty of people who frequent that restaurant since that's my neck of the woods, though growing up we were always ninfas people not la ha people. I think we went to la ha a few times, but it just wasn't for us. But I did like it better than los tios (which also got spoiled for us by a terrible crime that occurred there)

17. lpbman

lpbman Member

lol

I've been to these places hundreds of times (between all those strip mall areas.

18. MadMax

the one with the stratford coach? that was terrible, too.

19. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I used to take my mom to La Hacienda when I visited.

20. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Yeah, my younger sister was on the soccer team at Stratford during that time and my parents left the restaurant shortly before coach Matthews got attacked(parents and the coaches all went to Los tios after home games). It was a pretty sad time