1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case "Keep'um" Keenum | Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr. Dominant, May 9, 2014.

?

Are you all in for Case Keenum to be the starter this year?

Poll closed Sep 2, 2014.
  1. Yes

38.6%
  2. No

31.2%
  3. Maybe

19.8%
  4. I don't care what the Texans do this year

8.0%
  5. I have given up on the Texans for all eternity

2.5%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Dude [Fitz] has had a sh!tty career

Rocket River

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

What several posters are saying is that they are good with Schaub being gone, but they assumed that the Texans would try to "IMPROVE" the position not down grade it further. If you are going with someone worse than Schaub, keep him.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Would've been a beatdown if not for the pick 6 that Schaub threw.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Maybe so if it weren't for the fans. No way in hell The Texans, Schaub or the media would want to put Schaub in that kind of position.

The fans here would just be waiting to boo him for anything. A missed pass, an unplanned timeout. The relationship between him and the fans became toxic.

5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Well how its worked out has only been one preseason game.. schaub didn't look good in his either. And who better was available? We had to get rid of schaub, everyone said that, but who should they have brought in or drafted? tell me. after this one preseason game.

I am not saying fitz is good, or reliable, or anything. But no one said anything about wanting schaub more until after this ONE preseason game. and now they are saying we should have kept him and saved money.. fans just flip like its nothing these days.

6. Progs

Progs Member

Case got some reps with the 1st team today. Good news. :)

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

whoa..take 'er easy, bro. I don't have all the answers to these questions...and I'm not paid to have them. Rather, I'm asked to pay lots of cash to go see those answers play on Sundays.

I'm fine with getting rid of Schaub. My point was only that the point of getting rid of Schaub was to upgrade that position...if that doesn't happen...and you still spent more money to NOT upgrade..then that's not exactly great management.

While I agree wholeheartedly with the notion that they needed to move on from Schaub, I'm not enthusiastic that the replacement will be any better than Schaub would have been otherwise. We'll see.

Help me out here..who specifically is saying they want Schaub here? I'm not reading that. Maybe I'm missing it.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Given first team practice reps...

....coach later says no first team game reps.

:grin:

9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

After rereading my last post I realize it came off a bit mean, I apologize, I didn't mean to make it sound like you had to have all the answers.

As for the who, just on this thread in the past couple pages, ppl have been saying schaub should have stayed the stop gap, and im thinking now that schaub and money was a better option... they were also saying getting rid of schaub was just a PR move and it was bad management. instead we need to only worry about the "smart" fans who understand salary cap..

basically just a bunch of crap about how bad management is and now they think we should have stuck with schaub instead of just appeasing the fans.

all I was saying that "smart" fans or not, EVERYONE wanted him gone and after only one preseason game those same ppl are suggesting schaub was better.

10. Progs

Progs Member

[​IMG]

;)

11. Remii

Remii Member

That's not true at all.

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Doesnt matter how bad a qb does for this team there is no way anybody in their right mind wanted Schauby back.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wanted 2009 Schaub back, unfortunately that Schaub no longer exists.

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Laugh hard at this one. ^

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Im afraid that Fitz is gonna be 2013 Schaub, ripping our hearts out.

16. Raven

Raven Member

I seriously doubt B OB is going to make the same mistake Kubiak did by being overly loyal to a crappy QB. There are three preseason games left. Plenty of time to bring in a vet QB if Fitz blows his second chance.

17. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

even in 2011 Schaub was good, having a nice season until he got hurt.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is my biggest worry . .. that BO'B will ride with Fitz all season no matter what

Rocket River

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Come on, that's always your biggest worry.

That the coach won't play Sage/Yates/Keenum/whoever the backup happens to be.

20. Raven

Raven Member

Not going to happen. McNair's ears are still red from fans cheering Schaub's injury. I predict that if Fitz/Keenum don't get it done next game, that either Savage will start game three or the Texans will sign a FA QB or trade for a QB.