1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

looks at the history of their players like eric gordan..hes never been healthy

2. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you Bima. I stand corrected...Pelicans...Old habits/conditioning die hard. :grin:

3. basketballholic

......in contrast to Dwight????

Look at our team. We are very delicate. IF Harden or Howard go down for the season....we are a lottery team.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

what about dwight. in his last 2 years of "injury" hes played 147 games. whereas eric gordan you have to go back 4 years to even hit that many games.

5. basketballholic

And Gordon means the same thing to NOP that Howard means to Houston?

(I could make a very strong statistical case that NOP is better off without Gordon on the court.)

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

well hes pretty important imo if they want to do anything significant. i was just using him as an example. hes not the only one on the pelicans with a full history of not being healthy.

7. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

Hey, not trying to pick at you, cyberx...You bring a lot.

Just trying to make things a little more interesting.....and it DOES go to a great cause.

8. Mr Chuck Norris

Ok ok, screw the pels,mope fully we can trade the pick so we won't have to worry about it

9. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Pipe down. Dwight has had one injured season his whole career, and STILL played 76 games (in LA). He played 71 games last season. Eric Gordon has played over 70 games ONCE in his entire career. Dwight has never played under 70 games. (Except for the lockout year, of course)

He's one of the healthiest big men in history. Think before you throw things out like that.

On top of that, Davis has missed more time than Dwight, Jrue missed almost all of last season, and Anderson played 22 games.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

im sure if he had any info regarding PHX, he would let us know. So I assume he does not know.

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

cyberx,

have there been any recent discussions between Houston and Phoenix regarding any player? Thanks.

12. basketballholic

Yeah, we're talking about odds here. If you flip a coin 50 times and it comes up heads 35 times...the odds favor it coming up tails more often than it coming up heads the next 50 coin flips.

Howard and Harden have been relatively healthy for their careers. Not arguing that. That only raises this teams' odds of having a major injury in the future.

1 person likes this.
  13. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Member

Right so maybe PHX isn't hell bent on keeping dragic if they want to keep Bledsoe. Just saying like with us back then the incentive to move dragic might be high enough for PHX to move him since he's a ufa

14. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I keep making the same mistake myself. The fact that the Hornets name is back in Charlotte makes it all the more confusing.

15. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Your body isn't exactly a random coin flip. Some athletes (and people in general) are more injury prone than others. It's not just due to chance.

In this case, already having a major injury raises the chances of another one. Not the other way around. Do you think Derrick Rose or Kevin Durant is more likely to get injured this year? I'd guess you'd say Rose.

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Member

can you make a wager as to whether dragic or bledsoe come to the rockets?

i could give a **** about the pelicans

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Member

strangest part about this thread, out of all the names and posters mentioned in this thread the 1 name that is tagged in the thread is luol deng

18. basketballholic

All sorts of factors weigh into odds. But the odds of one team suffering a major injury is not greater than another team suffering a major injury. That's my point. You've got 12 actives usually. Every team has a couple good players at least.

Time and chance. It's a roll of the dice. (See Paul George; Russell Westbrook; numerous others)

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

The Pels have some talent, but several of their "name" guys are not as good as their names or have significant risks for missing games or being at a reduced level due to injuries according to their history. Eric Gordon is example #1.

Their team also doesn't seem to fit very well together.

20. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

I'm not commenting on the basketball related aspect of your post, but I feel like I have to correct you on this to put a stop to the misunderstanding of this concept.

If you flip a coin 50 times and it comes up heads 35 times, the odds are still only 50% that the next time you flip it, it will come up tails. The same goes for the next 49 times you flip it. The odds don't suddenly change because of anything that's happened in the past. Odds have no memory. They're just odds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.