1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

its too bad that team is not known ever to be healthy and can't really develop as a team

2. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Possible, but i dont think the Rockets roster is completed yet (SOON) remember... :(

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

Yikes!

Ok, I guess

4. Aleron

Aleron Member

Dwight took nearly 2 years to get back near himself from a herniated disc, Emeka Okafor might be career ending, Anderson if he plays will be in a greatly reduced state (it took them 3 months to even decide on surgery, so while he was injured in january, the surgery wasn't until april).

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

NOP could make the playoffs, and that is the reason for the "downside protections" on the pick. Given the strength of the West, if NOP makes the playoffs, the NOP pick would be in the 20s, and if so, the pick goes back to NOP and HOU or whoever owns the pick, has a few other chances at having NOP experience injuries/bad luck in a season causing it to fall into lottery.

6. cyberx

cyberx Member

Remember - Anderson doesnt bang down low or anything - he is a spot up shooter.

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I don't really buy them ending up better than us but it is possible.

8. Convictedstupid

Pels will be good but they won't be better than the rockets.

9. Aleron

Aleron Member

The issues from a back isn't in contact, that wasn't Dwight's or really anyone's by any stretch, it was his speed and lift, a spot up shooter without speed to get to his spot and lift is what?

10. aelliott

aelliott Member

You obviously must work on the business side rather than the basketball side of the business.

11. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

The Hornets are not going to be a playoff team this year and likely WILL have at least one major injury with this group.

And better than the Rockets...C'mon dude. If we didn't make another move we'd still have a better record....

But, we are not done ........

I tell ya what...In the spirit of the board....

Let's make a wager...to the tipjar....

I say the Hornets will not make the playoffs.

I also say they don't make it through the season without a major injury.

I say the Rockets have a better record than the Hornets.

We'll make them all even money plays as the last two would have odds tilted each way...

$50 to the tipjar on each? Whaddya say?

12. basketballholic

I kinda thought there'd be some posters emerge who felt like NOP was better than us. And I understand the thought process because I believe they are better than us at the 4/5 spots.

However, their Achilles heal is their perimeter play. They are terrible out there. Evans will be 1 or 2 in usage and he can't shoot efficiently. Holiday is mediocre offensively everywhere but at the 3 point line. He won't draw fouls. Too easy to defend. Just push him off the arc and let him fire away. And Gordon refuses to play one lick of defense. He hasn't wanted to be there since the day he signed an offer sheet with Phoenix. He simply isn't going to do anything but get his offensive numbers.

They're a disaster on the perimeter, cyberx. With all due respect.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

One of his biggest attributes was his ability to grab boards at a high rate. That will take a hit. Also your analysis strikes me as one of those people who are judging Anthony Davis based upon his potential rather than what he actually does now.

14. BMoney

BMoney Member

Yeah. Not so much.

15. basketballholic

With all due respect to you as well, do you think the Pelicans odds of suffering a major injury are greater than the Rockets'? If so, why?

16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Uh, . . . before y'all wager on whether the Hornets make the playoffs or not, . . .

They're the PELICANS.

17. cyberx

cyberx Member

I said it is a possibility...

Don't forget the secret weapon JIMMER! LOL!!!

Anthony Davis is great WHEN healthy.

They always get injured, yes :)

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

Hard to tell right now. I understand they had a lot of injuries last year, but the Rockets had several as well (none were season ending like Jrue and Anderson) and still finished 20 games ahead of them.

Their frontcourt is elite. Love their trio of Anderson-Davis-Asik.

Their backcourt is overrated. Jrue is a good but not great player....a former all-star by default. Gordon is always injured....always. Evans hasn't proven anything.

19. cyberx

cyberx Member

Oh my... This still has not sunk.

20. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

No, I meant that the odds are longer on that one, while they are shorter on the Rockets having a better record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.