1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Pfft......sad

2. cyberx

cyberx Member

Lakers are considering giving Beasley a minimum deal.

Things are super slow right now.

1 person likes this.
  3. akeemshook

akeemshook Member

That's your takeaway?

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

When cyberx says that he hears that PHX isn't willing to take on any big $ either, that signals more that they aren't going to do any deals like the Hibbert for Dragic deal. If they move Dragic/Bledsoe it would be for rookie contracts/expirings and picks. Stuff the Rockets have.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

Maybe not break it up, but acquire more assets to be flipped and used to improve in the future. Kind of like you know who does. I'm not saying the Rockets have anything to offer the Suns that fits that bill, but the idea of the Suns moving Bledsoe or Dragic is far from ridiculous. IMO anyway.

Morey did everything but sit tight and keep those teams together when the Rockets were consistently finishing just outside of the playoffs.

6. gaspar

gaspar Member

Perhaps Jones has a higher upside but right now Markieff is the better player. And there IS a couple things Morris is great at: mid-range shooting and post-up play. He's also a much better post defender than Jones.

Well, last year Dragic was a top-15 player in the league. There's absolutely no reason to trade him. He'll be in his prime for the next 5 years. He IS part of the Suns core. Actually, he's the centerpiece of the franchise. They are not gonna trade him for scraps the Rockets are offering.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Still can't believe people think we have a shot at Dragic for so little. It would be an all-time fleecing. I'll believe it when I see it.

8. cyberx

cyberx Member

Big money in RETURN.

9. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Every team gave melo and lebron a max lmaoooo. That's just understood. After those guys didn't sign, why didn't they aggressively try to sign other players? On top of that why didn't they bring back Channing frye who was huge this year?

Anyone that thinks this suns team can win now is completely and utterly delusional. 2 best players are honestly 3rd options on championship teams

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

What is the point of making the playoffs if you have no chance at winning it all? PHX has no shot against OKC, SA, or LAC as presently constructed. They likely can't beat us or Portland.

Don't mistake what I'm saying....they aren't going the tank route like the 76ers. Their rebuild is more similar to the Rockets. They will keep accumulating assets until one or two become stars or they can trade them for currently established stars.

11. cyberx

cyberx Member

If they take on big contracts it won't be for the sake of just taking it (see Utah)

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

[​IMG]

13. RV6

RV6 Member

Rockets benefit from being tight lipped about a Dragic deal...teams would line up their own offers otherwise..

Phoenix isn't going to either because it takes away some leverage from Bledsoe negotiations.

#6733 RV6, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  14. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I agree with you. Very skeptical about this whole Dragic rumor thing because of what we have to offer. If Dragic is available and I am PHX, I am looking for a player like Milsap,Horford, not Tjones and Dmo.
    I could be wrong, but I too will believe it when I see it.

15. xiki

xiki Member

As a rational observer, would you trust Sarver to steward your favorite franchise?

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

the suns are around 14M under the minimum payroll.

17. basketballholic

PHX has their eye on someone in 2015 free agency.

18. gaspar

gaspar Member

The Suns went aggressively after Bosh too. And they didn't bring Frye back for the same reason the Rockets didn't match Parsons' offer sheet. Tolliver gives 80% of Frye's production for much cheaper.

The Suns "win now" doesn't mean "championship or bust". They're building for the future but they want to compete as hard as possible now too.

1 person likes this.
  19. duluth111222

duluth111222 Member

I swear if I ever see that word again...

(j/k)

20. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

^^
    SOON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.