1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberx

cyberx Member

People are getting so worked up again...

Plowman could be right, but I just checked with some people and THEY don't know anything about Dragic coming to Houston.

I also don't think from talking to people in PHX that they are willing to take on any big $ either.

2. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

you've just broken many hearts cyber! lol

thanks for your info.

3. cyberx

cyberx Member

Checking with a few more people - should have something soon.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

between bledsoe, gradic, and thomas someone is eventually going to have to go regardless

5. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

SO WE ARE GETTING ONE? Kidding, but Bledsoe and Dragic both represent taking on significant money for PHX so I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if we end up with one (or at least if one leaves).

I think Bledsoe is the more realistic one since the negotiations have gotten so bad. With the Kostas signing, we can salary match for a higher S&T than before in 28 days or so, and I bet we're willing to pay him closer to the $ that he wants.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

7. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Is there talk of Phoenix trading Bledsoe or Dragic to any other NBA team?

8. FTW Rockets FTW

Cybersex vs Plowman!

Let's go!

9. cyberx

cyberx Member

no no - Plowmans people can have some good info in PHX that is not being relayed on to me, he could be right.

All I can tell you is what MY people are telling me.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Did you ever know that you're my hero.....

You're everything I would like to be....

I could fly higher than an eagle....

.....if you would provide some reliable inside information (not, "We haven't heard anything, therefore it must have no validity whatsoever"; but, hell, I'll take anything at this point of the summer doldrums)

11. izeroi

izeroi Member

Wouldn't Phoenix basically be swapping out Dragic for Bledsoe to insure they have a stud PG for many more years to come versus the possibility of Dragic leaving when his player option is up and Bledsoe leaving after next season if he takes the one year deal?

12. xiki

xiki Member

I don't know what is truth, fact, or supposition as regards potential acquisition of any of GD, Rondo, Rubio, or Bledsoe. What I do know is that the first three are forcing the taking team to stare down the FA with big $$$ teams, Knixies and Lakes, needing PGs at the same time.

Those two franchises usually trump all others when everything else is equal (i.e., money available to be offered).

Bledsoe, at least, would not arrive in his new destination without being under contract (presumably for 4-years).

What I also know is Sarver has turned PHX from a destination franchise as they had been from the days of Cotton to one that is now an afterthought. I would make no positive projections for the Suns.

13. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

worlds are colliding! epic times!!!

[​IMG]

14. cyberx

cyberx Member

Rockets talked to Billups about being a special assistant coach.

He still thinks he can play and asked for them to watch a workout lol

15. King901

King901 Member

I think he would be a good assistant, especially with our point guards.

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

Let's not be rediculous. I think Markieff is underrated, but he's not the prospect TJones is.

Markieff is a solid all-around player. He is not great at anything, but is ok at everything.

TJones is an elite finisher around the basket and has crazy athleticism for a PF. The two things he's weak at, positional defense and shooting, are also the things that players tend to improve the most on with experience.

The reason he's a poor fit for the Rockets is because we can't wait for his shooting and defense to develop. The suns can wait.

Very quietly, the Suns have gone on a complete youth movement:

Bledsoe - 24
    Ennis - 19
    Len - 21
    Marcus Morris - 24
    Markieff Morris - 24
    Plumlee - 25
    Thomas - 25
    Warren - 20
    Goodwin - 19

The players not in that group are:

Dragic - 28
    Tucker - 29
    Green - 28
    Tolliver - 29
    Randolph - 30

Of the non-youth players, all of them are signed to short term and relatively inexpensive deals. That will NOT be true of Dragic next year.

So PHX is left with 2 options/judgments:

If they think Dragic is or could become a top 15-20 player, then you resign him for the max without asking any questions.

If he's not a top 15-20 player, then you trade him for the best package you can find.

17. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Cyberx and Plowman doing work.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/a7kKNEs3AMk?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/a7kKNEs3AMk?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Thanks for sharing your info!

18. arjun

arjun Member

cyber...can u tell us what else you hear?? not just in relation to the suns thing.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

48 wins, 1 game back of the playoffs and they're not looking to win now?

What are you people smokin'? :grin:

And they did it with this so-called "youth movement"? WHY WOULD THEY BREAK IT UP!?

They went after or tried to go after LeBron and/or Carmelo, obviously didn't get them but again, looking to break up their squad? WHAT?!

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

If true, then either one or both of Dragic/Bledsoe are gone. Both will get paid at some point within the next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.