1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BSPN forecasts the Rockets to finish 8th in the West

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Harden2Dwight, Aug 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. roidrage

roidrage Member

I agree the rickets probably will be 8th or not make it all when you have the worst power forward in the league the worst bench in the league and a bottom 10 point guard in the league... Stop being a whole bunch of Homer's

2. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

I think it's incredibly funny how yall get so upset that the Rockets are either too high or too low in the rankings, according to your opinion.

What does it matter? These preseason rankings don't mean a thing, so stop giving ESPN the idea that they mean something.

THIS MEANS NOTHING

3. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

He nailed it.

4. T.MAC

T.MAC Member

in the worst case I think we will finish fifth seed , Harden and Howard are enough for it

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Nahhhhhhh... Rockets suck this year... Its just Harden and Howard.... Just James Harden and Dwight Howard.... Its not like they are top 10 talent in the world..... Just two guys vs an improved Mavs team with freaking DIRK, MONTA, PARSONS, CHANDLER OMG....... Those 4 guys are top like 50 talent and they are soooooooo goooood.... The Rockets got worst this offseason..... Added defense lol... Dumb Morey let Parsons go and added defense.... Why would the Rockets need defense? point of basketball is to put ball in the basket right...... But noooooooooo Morey didn't want to match for the best forward in the league who does just that..... Anyways, Pat Bev and Ariza and even the Rookie Jones all suck and there is no possible they can improve despite being so young..... No talent in Houston.... Everyone is better than The Rockets..... Parsons, Lin, Asik made the team.... They were the cornerstones...... Now The Rockets are bad..... Stupid Morey...

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

it just sparks alot of debate cause its interesting to see how people think what makes/made a team worse/better haha

7. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

If Howard plays like a 23-26ppg scoring center like he was in the playoffs, that alone will make the Rockets better. What people have to understand is that the Rockets are a young team. Harden, Jones, D-Mo, ect. are going to get better. I still see us as a 4th seed.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

WRONG!!!! Unlike other teams The Rockets have a force field that does not allow current players to improve despite age.... We are stuck man!! We are stuck!!!!!!! Should have offered Parsons max and keys to the city....

9. AXG

AXG Member

The Grizzlies with Gasol healthy were a top 5 team. Their problem is they can't score but that defense...

10. Rox4life1986

Rox4life1986 Member

lol funny pic. Man I want the Rockets to win badly......... this offseason has just made me a very negative rockets fan

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

so you are saying rankings are completely meaningless?????

so denver, new orleans, timberwolves, and the lakers will make the playoffs?

these people do follow the nba and it is their opinion, no one here is saying it is 100% accurate.

12. T.MAC

T.MAC Member

people just remember Harden's playoffs performance , he was really something in the season regular game and Howard was promising in playoffs to be like Magic's howard
    yeah Mav have really good team they have chandler that needs cane to walk and 36 years old Dirk , Bev can eat Ellis by his defence and I don't see much difference between Ariza and Parsons

13. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

Weird forecast. Technically, eighth place can leapfrog to fourth by virtue of a win. Ditto for third to first. If you read the finer print (W/L column), ESPN is basically saying that 4-8 and 1-3 are up for grabs.

A semi-educated NBA fan could've come up with this chart. I'm not really sure why people thongs are in a bunch with this forecast. Summer forecasts are bad enough but this is even worse. The granularity is so fine it's saying even less.

TLDR: BSPN divides 1st tier and 2nd tier and creates artificial chaos in forums.

14. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Preseason rankings are meaningless. As I said in my original post...

And no I never said anything about any team making the playoffs.

Maybe if you read the previous 13 pages you would see a lot of people are taking it as gospel. I was making the point that they aren't 100% aka forum fodder.

15. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

its basically two games between 4th and 8th...definetely possible.

16. munco

munco Member

yep. they project us at 49 wins which doesn't seem unreasonable.

17. supergokuken

supergokuken Rookie

Well Houston Rockets, Texans not going to do well this yr. But Please....win over these teams I am done for the yr.
    Rockets : OKC, LAKERS, CAVS, SPURS, CLIPPERS, MAVS, BLAZERS
    HOUSTON TEXANS: COWBOYS, BROWN, BRONCOS, BILLS, COLTS, TITANS, RAVENS

18. dianelo

dianelo Member

I also thought that if Harden and Howard couldn't get us pass Portland the coach should be fired. And yes, the coach wouldn't be fired.

19. Moleb

Moleb Member

I regret clicking the link of that stupid ESPN article and thus getting the another webpage view for their sponsors.

Rockets will be top 4 and worst case top 6.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't see why people are getting so worked up over this projection. The Rockets got worse talent-wise. They brought back their sh-tty head coach and have yet to replace the one quality assistant that they had last season. Meanwhile other teams in the West who finished behind the Rockets last year have improved(yes, including Dallas). Why is it so far-fetched that this team loses a few more games next season and finds itself in a lower seed?

Just keep one thing in mind. Remember how poorly the Rockets were on the defensive end after Sampson left? And that includes after they got Dwight and Bev back on the floor. Well imagine that kind of effort(or lack thereof) over the course of the entire season. They'd be lucky to win 49 games and finish 8th in that scenario.