1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Media making Rox new "Villains" of the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kpap, Aug 8, 2014.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It's morey. There are tons of good read articles just exposing how put of reality he is. One fascinating article talks about how he thinks he's the smartest person in the room.

1 person likes this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You see I'm the good guy. You homer guys stand with evil Morey , I dont I do me.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Carl, Why do you hate America?

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only media that matters is charles and kenny

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The mood on this board is the worst that I have seen and I was a lurker a long before I became a member. It's even worse than when Yao went down in '09. Is Chandler Parsons that good?

I'm only saying this in regards to this thread because the media has always had it out for the Rockets. It was worse for Dwight last year because so many journalists are Lakers fans. It's only now that this boards seems to actually care? why?

6. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

7. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Expectations, People thought this team was Gonna Contend for Titles only to lose in the first round, couple with FA not going as expected.

If I told before FA started that the Best FA signing would be Trevor Ariza, 90% of this board would have called me out.

And the bench, lol, people are realizing that the Rockets org is taking a huge leap of faith on marginal players being able to produce on a Contender, so of course people are gonna be down

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Easy answer. Yao was a good guy and so was dawson. Tmac was envied by laker media because he was better than Kobe. We all know about Morey.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

There's a difference between being "bad boys" and what we're labeled as, right now.

People were intimidated by the Pistons back then. These days, when you get the "flopper," the "dirty player" and the "quitter crybaby manchild," those names don't really strike fear in opponents.

10. TISNF

TISNF Member

If there was one thing to point to more than others, it was the Lin jersey "fiasco" that was overblown.

The general tendency in the media is to project the Rockets as a disrespectful organization and that's what many want to believe.

Whatever, just win.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Chicks like the bad guy though.

[​IMG]

12. bmd

bmd Member

Seriously. A lot of people on here are acting like babies. The mood around here is a bunch of people sulking. It's pathetic.

It used to be fun reading threads... now it's so negative.

Have some faith, people.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

besides Morey's antics, Harden's defense and the comments from Dmo, Dwight and specially Harden are NOT helping at all.

14. sutton

sutton Member

Don't flatter yourself, let's be honest.

not "Villains", more like clowns.
    no hate, more like dispise.

1 person likes this.
  15. DreamRoxCoogFan

in fairness, Dmo's quote isn't taken out of context. It's pretty clear what he's saying. The rest of them were.

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

They aren't villains, they are just a team that's easy to dislike. They live at the free throw line which annoys people and makes games boring to watch. They are more of an offensive team, but their offense isn't particularly fun to watch. There's a lot of laziness on the defensive end.

It's just not easy to like a team that's neither fun on offense nor blue collar on defense.

Then there are individuals. Dwight was a recent PR disaster, Harden flops, drives mainly to draw fouls and plays lazy defense, Morey got hyped up so much by Simmons and other people that it's starting to backfire a little.

But the Rockets aren't villains. You have to be scary good to reach that status where people don't like you, but they still watch you because they want to see you lose. Heat, Lakers, Bad Boy Pistons. These were villains.

If the Rockets signed Bosh (and kept Parsons), then yes, I think they would be the next big bad wolf of the NBA.

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Isn't this what you guys have been hoping for? a heel turn!

18. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

They need to embrace the villain role..

They are the antithesis of pretty boy Parsons at this point.. no more JLin Christian reality show either.. this is a whole new squad that needs to embrace being mean

19. Postcall

Postcall Member

Live in NY nobody cares about the Rockets. The only team the media talks about are the Knicks Lakers Bulls and Cavs. Mostly the Cavs....pretty much just Lebron. The Rockets are in the tier below contenders and as such dont get much if any coverage.

20. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Top 5 largest NBA markets (2011)

1. Los Angeles
    2. New York
    3. Chicago
    4. Philadelphia
    5. Dallas

Los Angeles - Rockets stole their big man of the future away. Bitter with his success and productivity in Houston vs his time in LA.

New York - Morey has been bullying New York ever since he step foot in Houston. Bribing them with their own draft picks and stealing the "Linsanity" away. Though, it should be easier for them to get over Lin pretty quick if they haven't done so by now.

Chicago - Nothing comes to mind

Philly - I can't think of anything worth mentioning with this team, other than Morey vs Hinkie

Dallas - forever rivals

That's 3 big media market out of the 5 that hates us for life. I'm all for being the bad guys just to rub it in their face.