1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Launches Ground Invasion of Gaza

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Nivos

Nivos Member

America is the only nation that keeps the world stabilize and unites after its values, its doing so with "soft power" (Capitalism, branding, monitary) and "strong power" (strong military, never afraid to fight for its values and protect the ones who cannot defend themselves).
    you should be thankful to your country as it allows you to speak your words and not fall to the destiny your thinking will bring it.

Wow that was long, glad to be able to actually make a discussion even when we do not agree of anything

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You're not familiar with glynch's teachings.

He believes America is the source of all instability in the world.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I totally agree with you on this notion, and it's a damn shame.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And that didn't stop them from killing anywhere from 3400-20000 (depending on what numbers you believe, most likely in the neighborhood of 15k) of them in 1970....If only there were idiots on the internet to call it "ethnic cleansing" then. Turns out the Jordanians didn't like putting up with terrorists any more than the Israelis do.

5. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

The Russians secretly like Israel, and considering their push to support their Russian brethren outside of their borders, well there are 1 million Russians in Israel today, there is a big reason for Russia to support Israel. Not to mention, a lot of that old Soviet scientific brainpower was Jewish and they still work together on a number of science based projects. Russia is a huge oil supplier to Israel. A lot of the Oligarchs are Jewish and certainly have strong ties to the Kremlin.

In the event the US ever turned against Israel all together, Israel would probably have a very cooperative relationship with Russia along with India and China.

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The one state solution. or as you insist on calling it "Israel not existing" is not only interesting, but what more and more people who wish no harm to Jews or Palestinians (sorry to mention them) think is what the facts on the ground mandate --what folks like you and the United States and the Israel leaders defacto support.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

glynch = borderline insane

8. glynch

Your demonization of Hamas per se and all its members is simplistic, not correct, not helpful and frankly Nazi like, or untermensch. i.e subhuman. It led to the Holocaust. It led to slaughtering hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and Afghans (Taliban, also untermench) needlessly by our country. It leads some terrorists whether Jewish, Muslim or Christian to do what they do.

The One State solution or as you polemically and simplicity call it "Israel not existing" is what more and more international observers (sorry not neo-cons as you might prefer) think is mandated by the facts on the ground you seem to have supported. These are folks who are pretty neutral, want peace and wish no harm to the Jews or Palestinians (sorry to mention them, too)

9. glynch

Jackie, despite continual evidence to the contrary I often think you are better than that.

Perhaps I am really insane to believe there is more to you somehow than your Muslim obsession.

I will say though you have taught me much about the social psychology of how the Germans came to support Hitler and the Final Solution. Before it was more academic from reading Hannar Arendt, Eric Fromm and other Jewish authors pondering how that evil arose in what was before a highly civilized and developed country.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well I agree that a one state solution is best, but not the one you propose. The Palestinian people have already proven that they are incapable of running a legitimate government so the best solution would be to seek volunteer nations to take the people in and ship them out. Divide the land among the legitimate nations in the region and move on with life. As long as no one country has to take in too many Palestinians, it probably wouldn't be too bad. You could even get the Israelis to help pay for shipping them out.

11. Nivos

Nivos Member

Glynch, my answers to your questions didn't come out well so I ask you to read them, see the video and please get back to reality because I think you drifted away:

I have no problem with the 1967 borders if the Palestinians want it It is their land.
    Again, it is not the palastinian land, that is just a lie, it is Egypt land and Jordan land if you want to be correct with the details, the whole palastinian identity is a lie as they are work immigrants coming from Egypt, Saudi, Syria and Jordan in the bloom that started by the Zionist groups in the early 20 century.
    By Hamas minister of interior:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwBSWN4s9JU

But I don't care about that, they have formed themselves identity and wish the right of self determination, I'm all for it, as long as this is their final demand for land and not look it as stage 2 of the conquest of Israel, as you know, for them, every inch in Israel is their "Stolen Land".

I think you fool yourself if you think your leaders would go for it.

Not this leader, he wouldn't. He's too scared to take the gamble. We had leaders that would like Barak, but unfortunately I don't see any strong leader in the horizon that will push for it. So far none of the Palastinian leaders have given a reason to believe that their end game is a 2 state solution and this is why so much distrust among the sides, Abbas would have been a great partner if he would not fall to the Hamas in Gazza which made it impossible for any chance to speak with a two headed identity.

Let me ask you directly. Why do your leaders keep building settlements?

I will answer you directly- Because they are stupid. I do not support it like I said many times before- the 67' border is the End game for me and for many people in Israel.

Very few, including Hamas want the Jews in Palestine to be dead. You may fear this; your leaders tell you this, that does not make it so.

Hamas Charter (first page):

The time(16) will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and

kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: 0

Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him! This will

not apply to the Gharqad(17), which is a Jewish tree (cited by Bukhari and

Muslim)(18).

Israel/Palestine will be there to stay. As a "Jewish" privileged state, probably not. IMHO and that of many around the world who wish the Jews there no harm. Your leaders and the 86% who support the status quo-- brutal invasions and constant settlement building including on parts of the West Bank that all moderate international observers believe eliminates the two state solution are the ones who are primarily making this impossible.

Israel as a jewish state is the only way jews can live in Israel, as just demografics alone will make them a minority among the Muslims. What you are suggesting is the destruction of Israel and the end of Jews living in Israel, I'm not sure if you're just naive about the end game here or just being sneaky.

I don't think you know what it means either. It meant a beautiful group of people undergoing intense morally repugnant discrimination going to the Middle East and taking the land of the people who live there. Nothing personal to you. You did not come up with that troubling scheme. Try reading books on this by Jewish authors outside the traditional one sided stuff you probably do.

Zionism is a Jewish secular movement started after the riots in Russia against Jews in the 19th century, calling for the Jews to come together so they can protect each other and floorish together without being afraid to admit their identity. The use of the word zion did come from the bible but the actual zionist didn't care where the Jewish nation would be, it was just a relative empty land that people could relate to through the bible and the Jewish history in the region

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

"Hamas is designated as a terrorist organization by Israel, the United States,[11] the United Kingdom,[12] Canada,[13] the European Union,[14][15] Jordan,[16] Egypt[17] and Japan.[18]"

I didn't even go that far.

As far as the one state solution, I think its pretty clearly the Jews would not last in one. Do you think otherwise?

And why are you supportive of ethnically homogenous Islamic states but not Jewish ones?

13. glynch

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hamas is horrible for a number of reasons. They use terrorism for one thing. They use aid money to buy more weapons while the people suffer. The list goes on.

But by killing thousands of Palestinian civilians Israel builds support for Hamas. Every time Hamas does any kind of strike against Israel they can tell the Palestinians they are sticking up for them, and doing something to fight the Israeli oppression.

The problem is that like the Israelis they keep using strategies and tactics that have been shown not to work for decades. But they don't stop. Perhaps it's because that's the only way to keep the Palestinians support.

Despite my dislike of Hamas, they did come up with a new idea with their 10 year cease-fire proposal. Israel rejected it and wouldn't even use it as starting place to negotiate.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Whom does ISIS build support for by killing tens of thousands of people? Where is your outrage?

16. glynch

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What about religious idiots murdering a lot more people in Iraq and Syria (and Nigeria...and...and...and...) in the name of Islam? Where is your outrage?

Your selective indignation at Israel shows your true colors.

18. glynch

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What about religious idiots murdering a lot of people in Gaza in the name of Judaism? Where is your outrage?

Of course nobody is more selective in his outrage than you and your avalanche of Islam sucks threads. Cue Debbie downer.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Israel is defending itself against terrorists who attack civilians. Israel is trying to minimize harm to civilians. The Islamist terrorists of Hamas want to see as many civilians - Israeli or their own - killed as possible.