1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Old White GOP Congressman Accuses Democrats of Waging War on The Whites

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Aug 4, 2014.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I laughed. The chickens are coming home to roost and they just now seem to be realizing it.

GOP Congressman Accuses Democrats Of Waging A 'War On Whites'
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...ites_n_5647967.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) doesn't think that the hardline stance Republicans have taken on immigration could hurt the party’s standing with Hispanic voters. Instead, he thinks Democrats are hurting their prospects with white voters.

“This is a part of the war on whites that’s being launched by the Democratic Party. And the way in which they’re launching this war is by claiming that whites hate everybody else,” he said during an interview Monday with conservative radio host Laura Ingraham. "It's part of the strategy that Barack Obama implemented in 2008, continued in 2012, where he divides us all on race, on sex, greed, envy, class warfare, all those kinds of things. Well that’s not true.”

Brooks was responding to comments made by National Journal's Ron Fournier, who told Fox News host Chris Wallace on Sunday that "the fastest growing voting bloc in this country thinks the Republican Party hates them. This party, your party, cannot be the party of the future beyond November if you’re seen as the party of white people.”

Brooks responded by saying that all demographic groups in America support securing the nation’s border and a wide range of Americans would be affected by an influx of undocumented immigration.

“It doesn't make any difference if you're a white American, a black American, a Hispanic American, an Asian American or if you're a woman or a man. Every single demographic group is hurt by falling wages and lost jobs,” he said.

“Democrats, they have to demagogue on this and try and turn it into a racial issue, which is an emotional issue, rather than a thoughtful issue," he added. "If it becomes a thoughtful issue, then we win and we win big. And they lose and they lose big.”

Ingraham didn't seem to be on board with Brooks' "war on whites" remark, telling him it was "a little out there."

2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

It's hilarious that Brooks calls it an "emotional issue" when the white supremacy he spouts is emotional at its very core. If it walks and quacks like a duck...that's how the public views these conservatives. They aren't fooling anyone with their veiled racism. Now, I don't think Republicans are inherently racist, of course not, but Fox News is only harming their image.

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

republicans: always the victim.

4. CometsWin

I just find it amusing that as party you continue to institute policies that hurt minorities and then you claim it's Obama's plan. Like minorities are too stupid to understand the consequences of the policies you promote.

5. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

democrats = always the victim, world is against them

republicans = always the victim, world is against them

weird, huh

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Then turn around and say . . .. minorities are too stupid to know this is 'thoughtful' issue and not an 'emotional' one.

Rocket River

7. Raven

Raven Member

I agree with this. The rest is nothing more than race baiting.

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

And also a tactic which keeps the .1% and the rest of the corporate elite fat and happy.

9. CometsWin

What he said is partly true but he's insinuating that illegal immigration is the cause of falling wages. The fact is that there are lots of causes, including things Republicans enthusiastically support like union busting, globalization, outsourcing, anti-intellectualism, etc. So even in claiming it has nothing to do with race he confirms he's lying.

10. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I don't. The implication is that simply closing the border will magically solve wage and job problems. That's utterly ridiculous and pretty much a blatant indication of xenophobia.

11. Buck Turgidson

60 is "old"?

I do like that there's a US Rep from Alabama named Mo Brooks.

12. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

...I'm a Democrat. I think you misunderstood my post lol. To be fair I wasn't very clear in it. But yeah I voted for Obama and Hillary will be next.

13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I was saying Conservatives like Brooks ARE racist, not the other way around.

14. CometsWin

No, I understood. By you I meant the Congressman. Poorly worded on my part. Apologies.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree with it as well, but it also papers over some important issues, the one foremost on my mind being: what persecutions are we willing to inflict on foreign nationals and foreign countries (and what collateral damage will we make some of our fellow citizens endure) to get some marginal benefit for ourselves?

16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Lol gotcha! Mulligan

17. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

18. CometsWin

It's confusing these comments.

"If Hispanic Americans hear that the GOP doesn't want them in the United States, they won't pay attention to our next sentence. It doesn't matter what we say about education, jobs or the economy; if Hispanics think that we do not want them here, they will close their ears to our policies," Fournier quoted from the report, while appearing on "The Dale Jackson Show" on WAPI.

These two things ARE the reasons I believe, not just that they don't want them here. It is the policies as well. It's this kind of double down on what's not working that contributes to their national election problem.

19. val_modus

val_modus Member

The tea party hates two things: Being called racist, and black people.

4 people like this.