1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Launches Ground Invasion of Gaza

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Because when one Israeli official says this, it becomes world news. When the Palestinian leadership says this, no one cares.

Though to be perfectly blunt? I don't care about the Palestinians at all. And really, I don't care a whole lot about what Israel does to them. Perhaps once upon a time, when it could be believed that solving the Israel-Palestinian issue would be one step towards general Middle East stability, then the conflict had meaning. But I think it's clear now that even if Israel and Palestine held hands and sang kumbayah tomorrow...it wouldn't change anything in Iraq. Or Syria. Or Iran.

You ask why should I support the terrorist Zionists. I ask why I should care what Israel does.

2. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

And from what I've read, said Deputy Speaker is the equivalent of Bachmann. I guess the US is a terrorist nation whenever she opens up her idiot mouth?

Actually wait, most people here do think the US is one, what am I saying?

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You should care because it's being done in your name and we have to deal with the consequences of it all around the world since Israel is the monster we've created and enabled. This land grab and ethnic cleansing doesn't happen in a vacuum.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, I see we're back to calling this "ethnic cleansing" again....SMH

5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

And the global consequences are....what, precisely? Israel isn't why Iran is building nukes, nor is it the reason for why IS is doing its thing. It isn't why Bin Laden attacked us, nor has it been the mover of terrorism that everyone assumes it is because of course the Israel conflict is important, the media says so!

The reality is that despite the headlines grabbed and all the hand-wringing in the media...the Israel/Palestine fighting just is not that important. As I've observed earlier, the rise of IS, the Syrian Civil War, the continued negotiations with Iran - these are more important in the Middle East alone than Israel, much less other major events in the rest of the world. The Middle East does not care about Israel as much as it used to, and the Arabs wouldn't give a wooden nickel to help the Palestinians.

6. trustme

trustme Member

It's not one official. It's many. And it is world news because one doesn't expect such things from an organized government. One would expect such a thing from a people who are living in an open air prison and being ethnically cleansed by an oppressor for decades.

It's nice to know you're on the list of people on this board who are ok with children being murdered. You're disgusting and I pray you don't teach your fake morals to your children.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Did Hamas release talking points telling you guys to double down on calling this "ethnic cleansing"? It's still a laughable premise, but you guys seem to be pushing it pretty hard today.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think there is a good chance that wanting the destruction of Israel would change if they were allowed to live in peace in a self sustainable autonomous state and not face oppression, loss of property, and discrimination for generations.

Those things they face come from Israel. So in their anger they believe getting rid of Israel is the only way to those things.

Give them a few generations of a self sustainable peaceful land, and their high level of animosity will likely decline. There may be distrust of course but a desire to sacrifice everything for the chance to wipe out a nation which is no longer inflicting civilian deaths, and oppression would be doubtful.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

At the same time, if they didn't want the destruction of Israel and would stop attacking Israel every chance they got, they might get a chance to live in peace but every step towards that has been met with more attacks.

In this situation, the Palestinians are the beggars yet they still think they can set terms....it's pretty odd. All of the "They'd stop being terrorists if Israel just broke their country in two giving land to the Palestinians and then built up their country for them" talk is a non-starter, wouldn't happen, wouldn't even work if it did.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Again, the Palestinians have stopped their attacks and were supposed to get land for the peace. That was the deal. They never got their land and resumed their attacks.

The Palestinians have gone through periods of not attacking.

It's not a matter of Israel building up their homes for them, though that might help. It's a matter of Israel allowing them to have the resources to build it up themselves.

It's not going to be easy. Israel will have to get rid of a lot the illegal settlements they've built. There may not be the political will to do that. But I believe it's the best shot for peace.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This is George Bush level simplistic naïveté.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Actually it's pretty spot on. The Egyptians hate the Palestinians, the Jordanians hate the Palestinians and no one else really cares one way or the other. They might give the issue lip service, but no one really likes the Palestinians because even when countries have taken them in before they ended up having to fight them. They are seen as just an annoyance, and the countries in the middle east generally have more important things to spend their time, resources, and money on.

I mean, sure European countries will come out against Israel, and Russia too, but isn't that sort of why there is an Israel to begin with? Those guys have never really been their friends and so long as the US is still backing Israel, who really cares what those guys think?

As to the US, there are too many Jews with money in the US for it to ever be politically feasible for the US to turn their back on Israel or our current president would have done it already, you know he'd love to.

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Sorry, son, being anti-Zionist is not being anti-Jewish or anti-semite.

As far as "last chance" are you implying the "final solution" for the folks in Gaza like some of your leaders occasionally mess up and mention publicly?

14. glynch

One of the things cool about the State Department yesterday finally criticizing the flimsy excuse for what looks like the bombing of the fifth at least UN shelter/school is that it sends a signal to journalists that they can start telling the truth and they won't necessarily be fired or punished by the mainstream media as in the past.

Maintaining the Israeli lying excuses gets harder each invasion. Imagine for instance if Bush/Cheney and Powell had to continually come back every two years and keep lying about invading Iraq and wmd. Pretty tough to keep pulling it off..

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

More Godwin's Law FTW!

16. Nivos

Nivos Member

I'm answering just because you asked me directly, I will not add more to the discussion because its just seems useless, not even had a chance to get one palastinian supporter here to agree to the 67' border lines so any chance for moving forward with the discussion is fruitless.

I want peace, with all my heart. I pray for peace for the past 30 years of my existence. For now it seems to me that everyone around me gave up on the chance. As long as one side want the other side dead there is no chance.
    When you, your friends from the left wing and the arab world will understand that Israel is here to stay and will not go away, there will be a chance.
    So far- seems like only the moderate Arab world have reached to this understanding. You and the Palestinian still believe we will go away if you fight us, well so in my mind you are as much to blame as the right people wing in Israel.

As for your question no, I was not implying that, far from that. I do not want the Palestinian dead, just to have their own country next to mine. Something that they should wish to themselves instead of believing in delusional war against the "Zionist" (and you say it like its a curse without even understanding what it means).

One hand will reach for peace, the other will continue to b****-slap for each punch against us until you understand the only chance is peace.

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

18. glynch

Nivos, thanks for the reply,

]
    I have no problem with the 1967 borders if the Palestinians want it It is their land.
    I think you fool yourself if you think your leaders would go for it.

Let me ask you directly. Why do your leaders keep building settlements?

Very few, including Hamas want the Jews in Palestine to be dead. You may fear this; your leaders tell you this, that does not make it so.

Israel/Palestine will be there to stay. As a "Jewish" privileged state, probably not. IMHO and that of many around the world who wish the Jews there no harm. Your leaders and the 86% who support the status quo-- brutal invasions and constant settlement building including on parts of the West Bank that all moderate international observers believe eliminates the two state solution are the ones who are primarily making this impossible.
    I don't think you know what it means either. It meant a beautiful group of people undergoing intense morally repugnant discrimination going to the Middle East and taking the land of the people who live there. Nothing personal to you. You did not come up with that troubling scheme. Try reading books on this by Jewish authors outside the traditional one sided stuff you probably do.

Hey I recommend Americans do something similar so we don't run around willy nilly killing Iraqis and Afghans, Pakistanis etc. due to being lead around by the nose by our leaders. God knows our propaganda is at least as sophisticated as that ordinary Israelis. are subject to.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Let's get some facts straight. Half of Jordan's population are of Palestinian origin.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Nivos is right, it is fruitless to continue the discussion. The Palestinian supporters gave become as extreme as Hamas.

You're idea of "peace" (with Israel not existing) is interesting to say the least.