1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul George Injury

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ferrari77, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We, the NBA, have to take a stand. Either the goal posts conform to NBA standards, or we don't play. They should move back the photographers as well, but at least they can attempt to get out of the way, and have at least some "give" to them, in a manner of speaking, but the goal posts? This is absurd, and the league has to take a firm stand. Their best argument is that it's a danger to ALL the players from ALL the countries, not just NBA players who happen to all be stars and key members of their respective teams. Silver should get out front with this and tell the international powers that be that it's either conform to NBA standards, or Euroleague standards, which have to be comparable, or we're taking our ball and going home.

1 person likes this.
  2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Growing up in Indianapolis, I followed the Pacers in the ABA, and they are my second (distant) favorite team. It seems they are snake-bit, first the Malice in the Palace and now this.

3. i3artow i3aller

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, horrible luck for the Pacers. Few teams compare to the bad luck the Rockets have had with injuries during their history, though. We must be up there with the "elite" snake bitten teams, injury wise.

5. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

Good on Larry Bird for being sensible about this and not overreacting. He was a player and knows accidents happen.

This was mainly bad luck... but also partly due to the stanchion being closer than the NBA. At the same time, international players play with that distance all the time and I have not heard of a similar accident happening before. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

6. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

You guys do realize this isn't a FIBA thing right? Just that specific arena thing

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I think it was set according to NCAA regulations (UNLV arena). I tried searching for FIBA regulations, but couldn't find anything about placement of the goal posts

8. i3artow i3aller

Spot on man.
    Stanchions nearly ruined would be #1 pick Nerlens Noel career before it began.
    People were up in arms about it then, and forewarned it would take the downfall of a true star in the league to really change anything.
    [​IMG]

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

WOW, had forgotten that one. I agree time for change, like NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah that's pretty crazy. Looks like he had 2 spots on the leg the fractured.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Probable Paul George timetable: 3-4 months:cast. Walk: 6mos. Run: 9mos. Plyo:11mos. Bball activities: 12mos. Mental return? No timetable.</p>&mdash; Tim S. Grover (@ATTACKATHLETICS) <a href="https://twitter.com/ATTACKATHLETICS/statuses/495598758751518722">August 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Paul George has a long road ahead. What’s he face?
    <a href="http://t.co/DVIplqtFA6">http://t.co/DVIplqtFA6</a>

<a href="https://twitter.com/RVReiff">@RVReiff</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/TheWinWithin">@TheWinWithin</a></p>&mdash; Will Carroll (@injuryexpert) <a href="https://twitter.com/injuryexpert/statuses/495598568712179713">August 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. i3artow i3aller

Looked nearly as bad as Ware's.
    That is until I went back to watch Ware's injury.
    [​IMG]

13. Major

Major Member

Players play pickup ball, they do other activities, they drive, etc. Didn't Bynum reinjure his knee bowling? Unless players are expected to live in a bubble, there is always going to be a chance of injury - even significant ones - in their outside life.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

SPOILER THESE THINGS!

1 person likes this.
  15. Major

Major Member

If anything, I think it would be the players with something to prove (ie, contract years) that wouldn't play, and the ones that are secure with longer term contracts would be at relatively less risk.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

C'mon man! Really?

Get a clue man.:(

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

That goal was way too close. Hope he recovers soon.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I reported his post.

Bartow....please delete the gif. It's not something people want to see or are expecting to see.

1 person likes this.
  19. i3artow i3aller

Apologies. There's no spoiler option that I can see, and I can't edit posts.
    I can insert link, insert image, or wrap quotes. That's all.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

No worries

Go to advanced options, you can insert a spoiler tag

1 person likes this.