1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

James Harden looks fat...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Smook, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Tdugs710

Tdugs710 Member

Well... I guess we always just need something to complain about here on Clutchfans. To quote Charlie Brown, "Good grief."

2. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

I'm not sure whether this has been posted yet or not:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JtwUieejJx8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

He'll be fine. Just some side effects of hooking with too many fat ass strippers.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Some guys like to look at other guys' bodies.

5. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Harden has never "looked the part" of an elite athlete. I'll take his 26 a game and be happy.

6. manny5alive

manny5alive Member

His salary provides many Perry's steak dinners. Plus it's off season, let the man enjoy his summer

Kornel87 likes this.
  7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Serious ? Has james harden gotten better or worse every year in the league? Now answer this houstunna. How many 24 year olds have reached their ceiling at that age? Let alone a 24 yr old that's already been 1st and 3rd team all nba the last two season.

Seriously you guys act like this dude is done developing at 24 c'mon dude if you truly believe that then it shows your lack of basketball knowledge. Iv never seen a player reach their potential at 24 and iv been watching the nba for over 25 yrs.

His age, talent and production indicate that he will improve next yr.

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Of course they haven't seen that. Theses ppl here think. Harden eats donuts and bangs strippers 24/7

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Other than assumption, there's nothing that suggests Harden has improved every year. He did his first 3 seasons, but the last 2 he's pretty much leveled off... some cases he went backwards. Already looked up the numbers, but don't really feel like getting into it.

Answer this Yao, how many players have had defense as bad as James and significantly improved? How many players have 180'd as poor of playoff performances?

I'm not condemning Beard to hell, just posing the questions.

10. pakattak

pakattak Member

Harden has always been on the huskier side. He has a good center of gravity for those eurosteps.

11. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Don't blame him, he may already have known the offseason result and felt depressed and started eating a lot.

12. heads.up

heads.up Member

If Harden dropped some body fat and lean out a little he may find himself with the conditioning to play some defense. Hopefully that is something he is working on doing this offseason.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This thread is pretty dumb. I like the training video but I kind of hate to see *anyone* jumping up and down with extra weight in their hands. Gotta be bad on the knees.

14. Remii

Remii Member

Lol.. Point made.

15. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

LOL... His body fat has nothing to do with him playing defense...

All heart, determination and focus..

You guys are killing me...

T_Man

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

i guess that answers the question we all needed to know

does he even lift bro

17. Remii

Remii Member

It does when he has to do everything on offense and the Rockets are constantly trying to push the pace. Beverley has the energy on the defensive end because he stands around on offense for the most part. Parsons and Jeremy showed effort and determination on the defensive end but they weren't consistently shutting opponents down and let them go right by to the basket.

You give a nice arm chair "back when I use to play" response though.

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Granted it a lot harder to improve from an eye test when ur already a 25 5 and 5 player before your 25th bday. But to say he hasn't improved from yr one to ur two is silly. Dude increased fg% and even TS % by a little. He also developed a og to move (step back) and he started using the midrange more. Offensively he doesn't have as much growth from a skill perspective other than post play. But the game will slow down and his offense should get more efficient. Now defensively he needs to get there cause IMO he took a step
    Back last yr. From yr one in Houston. With that said a lot of young players and certainly ones as talented and good as harden at such a young age will care less about defense. Now that not right or and excuse it's just the reality.

And too answer your question above.... I don't really know off the top of the head but I'm sure it's happened. Now what I know is rarer is a guy making 1st and 3rd team all nba at age 23 and 24. I know u understand basketball you out of all ppl should no how rare a talent harden is.

Ps plenty of youngsters have struggled in the playoffs. If it continues after this season then it may be a concern but right now. The playoffs performance should be the least of rockets fans worries. Don't act like teams are ****ting him down. He just plain missed shots in the Portland series. It wasn't some defensive scheme Portland put together. But we need leadership and accountability. Because hardens are best player even better than Howard and we need him leading the way if we are to every win big. It's on him. We coulda kept parsons and brought in bosh and it would still depend on harden. Because he's that special of a talent ...... Now let's see if he elevates the talent to superstar top 3 player.

19. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I saw him not too long ago. The guy looks like his abs could crush walnuts. I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. Take your pudgy fingers off the mouse and do some crunches instead of criticizing a professional athlete for what you think he looks like in a blurry photo from a cell phone camera.

Lord, help me.

20. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

How a year changes a man.