1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Mavericks: Has the NBA ever seen a more delusional team?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by okeezie, Jul 26, 2014.

1. okeezie

okeezie Member

Tyson Chandler has been injury prone since he left Dallas. He couldn't help the Knicks do anything in the sorry East but now he is gonna have a resurgence in the powerful West where his brittle body will get pounded on nightly? Please. Phil Jackson does not trade him if he has any gas in the tank.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's some BS.

Harden had nothing to do with Batum going off every 4th quarter.

1 person likes this.
  3. thisiscaketown

Marion is still a decent defender, and his ability to play both Small Forward and small ball Power Forward is valuable. The Mavericks will miss his defensive ability, unless Carlisle can get Parsons to return to his defensive ways when he first came into the league. The Rockets really have little depth at pretty much every bench position, so getting Marion, who may come for a cheaper price, would ensure that the Rockets could have another defensive player to tire out the opposing team's star wings.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

But he was the main reason the team lost. And that's not some BS.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He was not guarding LMA for the first two games.

That was the MAIN reason the team lost the series. Too difficult to come back from a 0-2 hole going away.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  7. thisiscaketown

I was talking about the fit offensively. Nelson, Dirk, and Parsons can shoot 3's, which opens the floor for Ellis and Parsons to cut to the basket or for Chandler to get some easy lobs. Chandler may be their only good defensive starter, but having the team buy into a defensive philosophy will help them to cover each other's weaknesses, as they were able to do decently against the Spurs in the playoffs.

8. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

9. t_mac1

LMA exploding happens in the playoffs. That's why you have stars.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's also why you have coaches.

As soon as Mchale made a simple adjustment, LMA stopped putting up Jordan numbers. Maybe if Mchale didn't let him torch his team for an entire two games.

11. t_mac1

Or it's law of the averages. Nobody averages 40+ points for a series.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's because they started to play him differently.

Either way, him going off for those TWO games was the biggest reason. He put up Jordan numbers and despite all that the Rockets were a bad break here and there from winning either of those games.

This is way off topic and has been discussed to death and has nothing to do with the poster that seems to want to blame Harden for guys like Batum having a great series when Harden had nothing to do with that.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I agree with Jaygoogle. t_mac's suggestion that it was odds is BS. Odds also say they a guy usually can't remain flaming hot for a whole game

Forget adjusting after TWO games. You have to adjust after two QUARTERS in game one.

People who know me on this board know I'm the last person to blame losses on coaches. But this time,,,,grrrr. I drove 1,100 miles to see Game 1 and 2 in my season tickets seats with Kam, Dave2000 and Naismith. I didn't say anything on the bbs, because I don't get negative during playoffs. It's against my BBall religion, where Rudy is my spiritual guide. But inside I was furious at Coach

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Everyone should get the blame for our first round loss... even as great as Dwight played he also had some crucial boneheaded mistakes. That series was the biggest team blunder I've ever seen from coaching on down. There was just mental mistakes everyplace.

15. slestack11

slestack11 Member

I thought the Rockets just got beat by a better team. The Blazers had a better starting five last year and they were able to shorten their bench when the playoffs started. The Rockets defense issues were more magnified in the playoffs where every possession is more critical. Plus, I felt that the refs did not call as many flop fouls once the playoffs started which takes away a major part of Harden's effectiveness on offense. Harden went for a lot of those run into any moving defender play only to get no call. If I'm not mistaken, the Blazers also won game 1 via hack-a-Dwight as well. They also attacked whoever Harden was guarding exposing a big hole which opened up all sorts of open shooters when Parsons, Beverly, and/or Lin needed to come off their man to help Harden. Delusional is Harden and Howard talking about winning rings when they should first focus on winning a playoff series.

16. okeezie

okeezie Member

Parsons and Nelson/Felton are mediocre 3 point shooters. Monta is a decent player but he is nothing special. If Monta Ellis leads your team as the primary shot creator chances are your team is mediocre. The Rockets style and pace and Parsons heavy minutes inflated his numbers. He is an average to above average offensive player and a lazy bad defensive player. It took adding Dwight Howard to bring us from the 8th seed to the 4th seed in the West and some of you think Dallas adding Parsons will do the same for them? Lmao!

17. okeezie

okeezie Member

This is silly. Aldridge and Lillard won that series for Portland. Harden guarded neither one of them. Try again.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Have you seen how happy Knicks fans are to be rid of Chandler and Felton? As someone who spends a lot of time in NY, i can fully understand why too.

19. okeezie

okeezie Member

Lol! As I mentioned earlier, if those players were still useful Phil Jackson would have kept them. Dallas thinks they are getting the same Chandler that left them. They are not. Felton is so bad I feel bad piling on. But he really is terrible.

20. slestack11

slestack11 Member

So you don't think Wesley Matthews had anything to do with the series victory? If you watched the series, the Blazers made it a point to go at Harden so they ran the offense through Matthews whenever Harden was in the game. Sure, Lillard and Aldridge were the two best players in the series, but it was Matthews that opened a lot up for them. It's quite embarrassing considering Harden considers himself one of the better players in the league. Batum also outplayed Parsons in the series.