1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Off-Season Idea: Red Nation Strikes Back for The Beard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Well, since it's that time of the year where we don't get to watch any basketball and hardly see any player movements so i thought of starting this thread.

To be perfectly honest, there's this one thing i've been hoping someone would do and it would surely be awesome to see. So here is my idea..

I know that there are talented forumers here who are capable of making great highlight videos. So i was thinking, why not create a James Harden highlight video showcasing good defense from this past season to counter that infamous video that every NBA fan/Harden hater annoyingly refers to every single time they see or hear his name being mentioned in any conversation.

Sounds silly i know but it would really be epic once we get it to go viral just to prove to all those haters how easy it is to compile lapses from even the player/s they idolize and make em look horrible.

Thanks in advance and i apologize to all those who find this stupid. Just sick and tired of people making fun of our players and give them zero credit. Would be fun to poke back at em for a change. ;)

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

We should make a guy named Andy do it, also. Andy is a good name.

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Nah, it should be a guy named Swanny. ;)

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Let's put them together and make it AndySwanny. Deal?

5. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Andy the Sparky Swanny?

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

A harden good defense video is a great idea. Does YouTube have a rule against videos less than 5 seconds?

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

That would be as irrelevant as the original video. All it shows is that a highlight video doesn't mean a player does those things consistently.

If however we want to make the point "lowlight videos don't mean ****", then what would be great is if we created a series of videos about bad defensive plays from players who are excellent defenders and titled these videos "XXX, Defensive Mastermind 2013-2014" in the same way as the Harden video.

That would probably be more effective.

8. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Or we could just scratch the idea and continue to make fun of James and the OP included. Bullies..

9. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I.Chuck.Snorted.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

11. Rajjettheking

Rajjettheking Member

Apology accepted XD

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

"All they found of him was a muddy set of prison clothes, a bar of soap, and an old rock hammer, damn near worn down to the nub. I remember thinking it would take a man six hundred years to tunnel through the wall with it. Old Andy did it in less than twenty."

14. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

SMH. Do u watch the games? It's not hate. People don't even know what the word means.

15. TheOozyMan

TheOozyMan Member

I remember there was a game last season where Harden was shutting down David Lee in OT

16. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

LOL! damn.

17. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Yes i watch ALL the Rockets games including every summer league and pre-season. Never missed a single one and been religiously following this franchise since the early 90's and literally never took a year off.

I am well aware that Harden's effort on the defensive end leaves a lot to be desired but i just think it's ridiculous that one short video should define a player and based on the comments i read and come across about Harden on twitter every single day to the point that they give zero credit to any part of his game and basically call him trash and a major liability to any team on and off the court. That is hate.

I am never oblivious nor blinded by being a Rockets fan. If you follow or backread my timeline on twitter, i always give fair criticisms to any player. If they play bad, i will call them out. Most especially Harden. Just thought it would be nice to have a video highlighting the good things he did on defense to counter that infamous first video that somehow encapsulated who he is as a basketball player to most non Rockets fans.