1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Cavs willing to give up too much for Love?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Jet036, Jul 23, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Raven

Raven Member

If the Cavs don't offer Wiggins, they are stupid. If Minny doesn't accept Wiggins, they are stupid. It's a very rare NBA trade that makes so much sense, on so many levels, for so many reasons.

2. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

As much as I like Love, just one year ago he's considered an injury prone no defense 'star'(which I don't totally agree with). But I know NBA is all about 'what have you done lately'.

Wiggins alone should be more than enough even if they really want Love.

3. MemphisX

MemphisX Member

Love is not elite.

4. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I agree 100%.

This is best for both sides.

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he is one of the ten best players in the league, he is elite

6. MemphisX

MemphisX Member

No he is not.

How in the hell do you become a top 10 player with 6 years in the league and zero playoff points? It is not possible.

7. MemphisX

MemphisX Member

So do you think a team of LBJ, Kyrie and Love beats the West? I don't think so. Not nearly going to be good enough defensively. At least with Wiggins in Cleveland, the Cavs can use their assets to bring in a rim protector.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Basketball is a 5 on 5 game.

His team is junk.

Kevin Love is a stud. Playoffs or not. He is a great player.

9. lalala902102001

The Cavs just signed Wiggins, meaning that he can not be traded for 30 days. if there is going to be a trade it won't happen until late August. This thing is going to drag on.

10. MemphisX

MemphisX Member

This is straight BS.

Basketball is the one team sport in which one ELITE talent can have a big effect on the outcome. If Kevin Love was elite, Minnesota would have made the playoffs this past season. He is not which is why they performed so poorly in close games.

Does anyone recall the game in which Kevin Love was killing your team and carried the Timberwolves to victory late in a close game. I don't. Has never happened in his 6 year career against the Grizzlies. Do Rocket fans remember? Because I remember Kobe on a crap ass team and it was obvious. I remember LeBron on a crap ass team.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Name the 10 players who are *currently* better than him, please. I can only convince myself of *seven*.

* Lebron, sure.
    * Durant, yes.
    * Chris Paul, arguably.
    * Anthony Davis, yes. Even now, I'd rather have him.
    * Melo? If you insist I guess.
    * Tony Parker? Okay, I could go there.
    * Harden? I think he's better because he's more clutch (in the regular season at least).

Curry? Maybe. No boards really, and tons of turnovers. Not sure he's more valuable that Love.
    Griffin? It's a push.
    Aldridge? He's not as consistent, not at all. And he's not the rebounder than Love is.
    Dwight? In stretches, for sure, but not in a sustained way. He's not better than Love night in and night out.
    Dirk? Definitely he was a couple of years ago, but I'm not sure if he is NOW.
    Kobe? Not any more.
    Derrick Rose? Not until he shows he can play again.
    Dragic? Had one great year but I'd still rather have a rebounder.
    Bosh? LOHELL No.
    ZBo? Just no. Not consistently bringing it like Love does.
    Paul George? LMAO.

12. CDrex

CDrex Member

They'd do anything for Love.
    [​IMG]

13. Tuan

Tuan Member

I like Love but I wouldnt trade Wiggins for Love now.

If you are the Cavs, at least give Wiggins a good look and see what he and Lebron can do together.

Wiggins + plus anything else the Cavs are willing to up for Love is better than any offer the Wolves are going to get.

While Lebron, Love, and Kyrie sound good, I dont think that trio is good enough to beat a handful of teams on the West. Kyrie and Love are not very good defenders.

14. lalala902102001

I believe that the Cavs are trying whatever they can to get Love without giving up Wiggins and the Wolves are calling their bluff.

15. MemphisX

MemphisX Member

Not in order:

LeBron
    Durant
    Westbrook
    Melo
    Duncan
    Dirk
    Tony Parker
    Aldridge
    CP3
    Griffin
    Curry
    Howard
    Harden
    Jefferson
    Bosh
    Noah
    George

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol I don't think it is as cut and dry as some posters here say.

1) Love isn't locked to multiple years, he can opt out and walk away. What if Cavs trade Wiggins for him, and he leaves anyway?
    2) Nobody can offer him a deal better than Wiggins, it would like the Melo trade where NYC bid against themselves. That Bulls offer isn't that great, if we offered Asik+Tjones+Llul+Papalinakou that is basically their offer. If the Cavs offered them pick+Waiters+Tristan Thompson+Varejao that is already better than the Bulls offer easily.
    3) Love isn't a difference maker in this case. Lebron is a player who plays sf in regular season and PF in playoffs, he's a natural fit with Wiggins because Wiggins can play SG in regular season and then slide to SF when LBJ goes beast mode. If you trade Wiggins for Love, LBJ will be stuck in the Sf slot all year because Love can't play C so even if you do get Love, the pieces fit better with Wiggins. Also, a roster that has Irving, LBJ, Love isn't any better than a roster that has Irving, LBJ, Wiggins so the trade is basically a lateral move. Add in point 2 and theres really no reason to include Wiggins in the deal IMHO.

17. downbytheriver

See the reason you lmao at Paul George is because he played poorly in the playoffs, and ended the season poor as well. But if he'd never been on a top team , he probably would've played great throughout the season and never really had many scrappy contests. You'd think he's elite.

Love has never been in a position where he can be exposed. Look at parsons in the playoffs against a mediocre team- completely useless. Love has his qualities, bit not impose your will on a game guy. I would roll with Wiggins if I were the cavs because lebron will probably bail for NYC in his twilight years and Wiggins will have same effect on wins.

18. Aleron

Aleron Member

Are you suggesting all these people are better than Love?

19. MemphisX

MemphisX Member

Yes I am.

20. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

i agree with your list...Love is a bit overrated...zach randolph may be more valuable then him.. the grizs nearly upset thunder until the league had to step in and prevent it by benching Randolph..i don't see the infatuation with a pf that camps out at the three point line and plays harden like defense. why is it that no one mentions how bad of a defender this guy is?