1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Defend him from what? Their own insecurities?

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Rudy Gay is offended

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Jeremy?

4. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

I'm a fan of this because it puts a lot more pressure on him to get better and live up to this. I like when stars own up to their roles and that it's their job to make the other guys better. There's still a lot of growing room for this team and I feel Harden will start rounding out his overall game...and yes that includes defense.

5. Nieto

Nieto Member

Keeping up with the Pardashians.

1 person likes this.
  6. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

If you're going to let someone's fans dictate how you feel about the person doesn't that say more about you than anything else?

Also, most of his fans left early on. What we saw were trolls pretending to be his fans, which was so obvious that it makes me wonder if there was another reason for people disliking him.

It's funny. When Lin tweeted that comment about his jersey, people here were saying he was clueless and being a bad "role player."

And now when he says that Harden didn't mean to be dismissive, everyone is saying he's the voice of reason.

What's even funnier is that people here were saying how Parson's was the true leader of the Rockets. The glue guy that held everything together. So now all of a sudden he's nothing? Or worse?

These starters got us into the playoffs. So a second cornerstone got us the same result? No wonder Morey feels the need for a third cornerstone...

1 person likes this.
  7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Lin is basically a disinterested third party, people may project that Harden was talking about him, but that's not who he was talking about. You know it, I know it, and Jeremy sure knows it.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

In all seriousness, it really would be cool if all of the Lin Lin Lin Parsons Parsons Parsons could be moved to the Dish.

9. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

It's still bizarre to me that Parsons genuinely believes he's a franchise player. During the first half of the season, his huge improvement in shooting made me believe he could possibly be an All-Star once or twice, but he reverted back to the mean and is pretty much the same player he was last year which is a great role player. Then of course there were the playoffs.

Someone delusional like Monta Ellis I can partially understand as he does "starry" things and has gotten that sort of praise erroneously, but no one has ever put Parsons in that tier. Honestly, I don't get it. This guy's ego has gone out of control.

10. Jt29

Jt29 Member

Morey told harden to state this for cognitive dissonance reasons.

1 person likes this.
  11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Lin can't speak Korean. He can barely speak Mandarin.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Welcome, Chris Parsons.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This.

Rockets fans have been through a lot. We've waited patiently to acquire a true superstar. Now, we have two and get to watch them grow together in their prime. Yao and Mcgrady didn't pan out but Harden and Howard may.

I'm excited about the season.

14. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I heard he has improved alot in Mandarin over the past 2yrs...

15. Classic

Classic Member

LOLZ

They LET Parsons OUT OF THAT ****TY DEAL THAT CHANDLER signed. Guy get's a pay day out of the deal and is talking ****. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Lin gets traded to the Lakers. Gets a fresh start on a new team and oh by the way, is GONNA EARN $15 MIL this season because of a deal HOU signed him to.

Rockets did right by both players.

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You heard wrong.

17. JMG524

JMG524 Member

No he's actually right. He's been brushing up a lot and just recently did an in-depth interview with Sina TV speaking almost entirely in Mandarin.

http://youtu.be/n1lc1DzjqJI

18. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I dont understand the people who say that this is good for harden because it puts more pressure on himself. Have we not seen him under pressure in the playoffs? How did that go? It was a stupid thing to vocalize, and i bet even harden knows that by now. Stop defending the indefensible and just accept it was a stupid thing to say by the best guard in the league. Imagine if dirk said this during his 4th or 5th year. Wed be ripping him apart.

19. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Harden was a role player in the playoffs...

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I thought the same before last season began. But the playoffs and the offseason have been a downer. From what Morey did and said, it seemed like he was disappointed with the H&H "cornerstones" too. He didn't think he could build a championship team just around them two. He needed another elite player to win.