1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I completely agree with this bolded statement. Money talks and all other BS walks. But this was never about the money. The Rockets knew that they would have to overpay for Parsons if he was made a restricted FA. If the Rockets landed a prominent free agent, Parsons was back with a 100% certainty. The entire NBA was waiting on what Lebron did. What the Rockets wanted from Parsons was time...something he wasnt willing to give. There were plenty of suitors for Parsons throughout the league. Not just Dallas. They all wouldve given him the max, with any deal structure he wanted...My anger with Parsons was solely for not giving his GM time to see how the Miami situation wouldve panned out. I am certain that if Parsons waited till Lebron made his formal decision, he wouldve gotten the exact same deal.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Whole family getting in on it. This was retweeted by his other brother.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” Douche Bag much?</p>&mdash; Lakers Dynasty (@Lakers_LAUnited) <a href="https://twitter.com/Lakers_LAUnited/statuses/492386335898882048">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Hahahaha

4. JD88

JD88 Member

Says the brother of a 2nd round role player from UF who now demanded 15m per year.

5. shawn786

shawn786 Member

With Harden & Howard's comments almost seems like not only were the Rockets management blind sided by the Parsons move but also the players.

I don't think anyone expected him to get the kind of money Dallas signed him up for.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Really looking forward to the first <a href="https://twitter.com/dallasmavs">@dallasmavs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets">@HoustonRockets</a> game. The kid is gonna be hungry let me tell u</p>&mdash; Chase Parsons (@chucknasty34) <a href="https://twitter.com/chucknasty34/statuses/492421528374743041">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Nieto

Nieto Member

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

With all the time Parsons spends with Lin, you would think Parsons would learn some class.

Come on dude. 'Think before you speak'.

Play in your new role first, then speak.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

hiding behind his brother to fire off shots, lame.

10. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Last person who should be talking smack is someone form the Lakers.

There star player is the definition of a self absorbed super star.

11. Fantasma Negro

He wasn't hungry before? Wtf was he playing for then?

12. yunac010

yunac010 Member

His brother just retweeted that tweet. But yes, I agree about the Lakers.

13. houtown

houtown Member

Its almost a natural process for superstars, Harden will learn. Its up to him and the coach to keep him on the right path. People shouldn't be surprised that a capable superstar has a ego. Everyone does, from Jordan to almost all the greats. I would be worried if he didnt have this kind of mindset.

14. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Lol! I love how his brother has confidence in Chandler's game but come on! Parsons isn't gonna take over the game or anything. If anything he'll be the lucky recipient of Dirk's double teamed passes. Maybe hit a few threes, some easy lay ups like we've seen. But LOL at anyone who thinks Parsons is suddenly gonna become some superstar. Get over yourself parsons.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Seriously...i love me some competition...the league kinda got boring because there werent any real rivlaries....can guarantee that Dallas Houston games are must see TV and will be prime time games...Cant wait to wax that MFFL a$$ all over I-45.

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I would love it if this was our opening night matchup and Harden goes off for 50 while Parsons struggles being guarded by Ariza. What an effin prick.

17. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

As long as Harden continues to not give a crap on D, it doesn't matter how many lockdown defenders you surround him with. Other teams will run plays to get the ball to the man Harden is guarding.

Its not just about having people who can be great individual defenders. Everyone needs to commit to play good team defense, and so far Harden has been regressing in the department.

18. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I knew the Parsons divorce would be bad but man this is ugly.

Even his brothers are joining in. Pretty sad.

Take your $$$ & shut your mouth. If Parsons really does think he can the next super star in the NBA than he should let his game do the talking for him.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i wonder if either of his brothers are on here...one follows clutchfans, and as much as they defend him.....hmm

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. Pure gold. Thank you, Rocketgirl!