1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

1. I assume that the quote was in the context of Parsons's departure. I am cool with that because Parsons deserves all the hates from the Rockets.

2. Parsons has quickly turned himself to be one of the dumbest big egos in the league.

3. I think a lot of people missed the real problem with Harden's statement. There is nothing wrong with proclaiming the obvious fact that he is a "cornerstone" of the team. There is also nothing wrong with calling his teammates "role players." "Role players" has become part of the common terminology in team sports. The problem is in the word "pieces" and the following statement about losing and gaining some pieces as no big deal. It is the same thing with Morey's "assets" thing.

4. I guess those who approve treating players as "assets" tend to approve treating teammates as "pieces," and vice versa.

5. I do have problem with stars calling teammates "pieces" and implying that losing them is no big deal. (Again, if that's targeting Parsons alone, I'm fine with it.) Usually, you say nice things about a guy leaving no matter how good or bad a player he has been.

6. It's one thing for a superior to rip a subordinate for his incompetence (which is his responsibility). It's totally another thing to tell your subordinates that they are not valued and can be replaced any time. As some posters have already pointed out, that's just bad leadership.

7. Michael Jordan was and has always been a douche. If he didn't have as much success as he did, he would have been hated like Kobe is, probably more. Using MJ as the role model of how to be a good team leader is flawed, IMO.

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

wasn trying to convey the offense so much as it seems theres bad blood between parsons/harden.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Because it is true. It's on James and Dwight. No excuses.

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Harden - "its on me... ... ... & Dwight."

Loved Lin, Ariza and Parsons responses lol.

Now that everyone seems to hate parsons, I actually think he's more interesting!

Can't wait for DAL vs HOU this season.

5. Fantasma Negro

I love how he keeps saying he's ready for a bigger role. Mother****er you were a starter on an nba team for three years and for three years you could've been switched with Jimmy Jackson and no one would've noticed. Dude had three memorable games in three years and actually declined last season but expected to have his ass kissed. He had a big role and never lived up to what was full desired of that position but that was ok cause he was a bargain but now he's got the spotlight and I'm gonna enjoy watching Ariza work him. I'll tune in to watch Batum come back and take advantage of him again too

6. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I wonder how much of McHale's favoritism of Parsons led to his big head. There were times where Parsons was straight up hurting the team and the only way to bench him was for him to pick up 6 fouls.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Props to Lin being classy about his comments about Harden. Harden shouldn't have been as blatant with that, but man, gotta respect Lin.

The douche up I-45 needs to learn his place this season.

Man, I hope we make a solid acquisition before the season starts.

8. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

Congrats on being the first person to mention Lin on a thread with nothing to do about him.

kudos sir, kudos

9. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Parsons' brother firing shots of his own:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>James Harden forgot how he got his start. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/entitledBitch?src=hash">#entitledBitch</a></p>&mdash; Chris Parsons (@CParsons41) <a href="https://twitter.com/CParsons41/statuses/492432281303547905">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

All the other guys need to do is compare their salaries to Dwight and Harden, and they will know what he says is true. Again, this relates directly to Parsons. Parsons obviously thought he is a cornerstone, and wanted cornerstone pay, so he left. So be it. We'll see next year if he was right.

12. Fantasma Negro

All of it went to his head. He forgot the only reason he won the starting job was cause he was friends with McHails daughter. What ever happened to Chase Budinger anyway? LoL

13. Nieto

Nieto Member

Wow. Just wow.

14. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Don't know why Parsons feelings are hurt. Harden is 100 percent correct. Look at our starters 2 seasons ago

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Patterson
    Asik

We had one cornerstone and now we have two. Ariza's feelings aren't hurt. Pat's feelings aren't hurt. Jones feelings aren't hurt.

but a guy who left the team's feelings are hurt? Lol ok.

15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

LOL. I expect to hear from Zoran Dragic and Joseph Lin soon...

Maybe Afis Olajuwon has an opinion on the matter too?

16. houtown

houtown Member

Mchale does have a huge ego also, which i dont know is a trait u want in a head coach to have. But no need to feel bitter towards Parsons. Just wish him the best and move on. Its ok, just hope Houston plays with poise rather than let this get to their head.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Tad Brown follows Parsons' brother. Awwwkwaaard.

18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Bottom line, can Parsons carry a team? No. Can Harden? Maybe not like Jordan or Kobe so far... But he's damn closer than Parsons will ever be. Parsons wanted his money and he got it. He's never gonna be a superstar in this league and Morey recognized that.

19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I guess Parsons' brother is talking for him now.
    They all belong in Dallas from what I'm seeing

20. Fantasma Negro

I'm actually really excited cause now its a real rivalry. Jones and Capella better be readycause Chandler is writing a check that Dirk is gonna have to cash. Oh my God Ariza is gonna lock is punk ass up. START THE SEASON!!!! LoL