1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

And this comment is why Lin was the most mature out of the four of them...Lin never took that comment as a perceived slight. He knows that the alpha dogs on the Rockets were Howard and Harden. Parsons in his twisted mind truly believes that he is an elite level player. Hence his comments about being the "best SF in the series." Batum promptly torched him the rest of the way(or neutralized each other). Young players speak out of their a$$es...Harden's comments were just unfiltered(not PR safe), but its the truth and everyone knows it. Lin got its true meaning. The Rockets go as far as Harden and Howard carry em. Period.

Parsons in my mind just needs to shut up. At exactly moment FA began, he was fornicating with the enemy at a club in Dallas. He never gave the Rockets a chance to work out a deal. And the Rockets clearly wanted him back, but on their terms. He owes Morey for letting him out of his contract early. He knows it. Yet he chose to initiate a clock that cost the chance to make a title contending team that had a chance to compete for a few years. Next year's Dallas and Houston match ups are must see tv. And I like it.

1 person likes this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Agreed

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

4. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

LMAO! If you are smart, you don't claim you are the best SF, then gets schooled by the opponent SF, and then at the end of the day act as a smart guy, tweet some poopoo like this and attempt to be the smart guy. Abysmal stupidity.

Cannot wait for the season to begin.

5. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Honestly if it weren't for LOFs and Lin getting 8.3 million per year, I would've loved to keep him. To me he was one of the players who deserves the most respect on this team.

6. SunsRocketsfan

more from Lin's comments

Former teammate James Harden in talking about Lin's now former Rockets team moving forward, recently said, “Dwight (Howard) and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players or pieces that complete our team. We’ve lost some pieces and added some pieces. I think we’ll be fine next season.”

Lin asked how those comments affected him.

"It didn't affect me at all," he said. "I agree with his statements. Those two are the cornerstones. They have lost other players and they're going to get other players and they're going to be a good team. I know who James is as a person and I've spoken to him since I've been traded. He didn't mean it in any derogatory or condescending way, I don't think it's a secret that he and Dwight are the cornerstones of the Houston Rockets."

7. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Also remember this is the same guy who said that with .9 seconds left in a game, you might as well just say the game is over.

8. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>“<a href="https://twitter.com/RipCityIndia">@RipCityIndia</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/JHarden13">@JHarden13</a> called you a role player <a href="https://twitter.com/TrevorAriza">@TrevorAriza</a>”so lol I've been called was worst things then that </p>&mdash; trevorariza (@TrevorAriza) <a href="https://twitter.com/TrevorAriza/statuses/492413630495748097">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

Lin has ALWAYS been more likable. Class act, humble, hard working, tries his best every time. His fans on the other hand...

10. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

This. They're payed to play basketball, not give lectures at universities.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Parsons doesn't owe anyone anything. Face it, the moment Morey could flip him for a better player, you bet your ass that he will do it. I hate the enemy as much as any Rockets fan, that doesn't mean that I start saying irrational things. Parsons went for the money, just like mostly any young gun would have done. If he got a max offer from Dallas, why exactly would he wait to negotiate with us? Just so we can low ball him?

12. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

Wow, even if he thinks that, its not something you say to the press. This is the kind of thing that kills team chemistry. No matter who you are, you don't want your teammates to feel like they don't have any value. And thats exactly what this comment conveys.

If your going to talk like that, at the very least play some D, failing that at least act like you give a crap about D.

He better deliver this year...

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Hmm...gotta say that I like Lin again, haha.

Chandler should learn a thing or two from Jeremy.

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Hmm. Kinda takes some of the steam out of the whole bs claim that Hardens teammates don't like him on and off the court.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I will highly enjoy watching the Lakers this year. I'm rooting for Lin to do well, because I already know the Lakers won't.

16. yunac010

yunac010 Member

If Bieber is expecting a Harden-like breakout next season, he's in for a rude awakening.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

One thing is for sure...I will be at Toyota Center when the Mavs come to Houston next season. There is zero doubt in my mind that I will cancel everything to be in attendance.

18. Nieto

Nieto Member

Okay so my phone gave me a B/R notification with the quote from Chandler Parsons about James Harden, "He's the reason why I went to Dallas."

Of course, I searched B/R and can't find it.

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Probably in regards to Mark Cuban and it was a mix up.

20. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ddA2P