1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Hmm

Hmm Member

It's called attitude... personality... mentality... intelligence... How you choose to communicate your thoughts shows your level of maturity... It matters... especially when Harden is in a position of leadership and failing at it...

How people are even praising this quote which reeks of arrogance as a positive, is beyond me...

The guy laid a huge egg in the playoffs, including a game 5 potential elimination game where he didn't even bother... and had consistent low-effort performances throughout the entire season on the defensive end... His numerous defensive "highlights" on youtube are but a sampling of this... yet, here he is, speaking arrogantly on his position on the team...?

This is a good thing... a demonstration of accountability... a positive sign of leadership... Really...?

1 person likes this.
  2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Thank You!!! Howard+Beverley+Ariza should be more than enough on the defensive end.... Harden just needs to take over in the end of games as we all know he can... Harden's talent is having that killer instinct and poise to take over and dominate, sure he has not been consistent at it but he is more than capable of it... Time will change that and I much rather have him on our side when he finally learns because when he does that's gonna be scary for the opposition...

3. Abadfish

Abadfish Member

Perfectly said, I am a casual reader for years but this year has been extra toxic between posters. We are upset but 2 years ago were mad because we are not tanking. Considering were we came from we are still a team on an upward trend and at an over all good team picking 14th in the lottery. Also we all know that our team is constant and never changing I mean we have DM the GM it never changes. Every year I hear pissed off posters at DM just to eat crow a few months later when he is right and we were wrong. So lets get a long as a fan base and enjoy watching how far Howard and Harden can take this team as the cornerstones (which they are), and what DM can do before the trade deadline. Remember Ariza will bring us better perimeter D which we need more than anything, we started out the season slow last year with a strong finish, Harden and Howard playing a 2nd year together (The best 2 players at their position in the game.), this year is going to be much better than last I believe. Not matching Parsons gave us flexibility to go after a true third cornerstone piece in the not so distant future. Parsons is a good player to really good player but not 15 mil a yr good, unless you are already out of flexibility and that is your only option going forward (Bosh gamble). I am starting to go off topic and being a new poster I will probably get flamed, but who cares yall are internet people any ways. Enough with my Hash induced ramblings, yall have a wonderful night and GO Rockets Root for the jersey not the player.

4. cxdom

cxdom Rookie

What Harden needs to do is start caring about his team. He has the ability to play better then average defense and that's what he needs to do. He needs to play good defense. Not just individual defense but team defense. Defense is half of the game and he needs to understand that. One horrible defender can destroy a teams overall defense.

5. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

On the contrary. I've worked as a consultant for years. Money is not the sole determining factor for where I work, despite the fact that it is a job.

For NBA players it is different, because about the only thing they can control in their contract is how much they get paid. Next week they could wind up in East Timbuktu (or Utah--same difference) because someone saw an upgrade somehwere.

6. okeezie

okeezie Member

So Tony Allen and Iggy are accepted as the best perimeter defenders. Harden the worst. Guess who was 1st Team All NBA, an All Star, and is recognized as the best SG in basketball. If you would pick.either of those guys over Harden I have some swamp land in Montana to sell you. Offense rules the day. Harden just needs to be average not bad.

7. cxdom

cxdom Rookie

Harden needs to look in the mirror because right now he himself is just a role player. He is just a scorer, that is his only role. He plays that role well but in order to be a cornerstone player on a championship team he needs to become a better team player. He must improve his off ball movement, passing and most importantly his defense.

8. okeezie

okeezie Member

The Rockets played bad team defense last year. It wasnt just Harden. Parsons, Jones, and Lin were bad too. It was a team effort. Harden did not guard Lillard or Aldridge in the playoffs.

9. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

These are some big words from Harden. Play some defense and actually show up in the playoffs, then we can talk. Right now he is just the corner stone of two first round exits.

10. okeezie

okeezie Member

Led NBA shooting guards in assists. Think before you speak.

11. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Even the scrub Mathew abuse Harden in the playoffs. Can you imagine if McHale dared to put Harden on Lillard or Aldridge?

12. cxdom

cxdom Rookie

He couldn't even guard mathews in the playoffs.

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Welcome to the board.... And yeah, everyone is trying to do DM's job for him..... "We should get so and so and we should bring in this guy and this guy just got signed by this team and we missed out on this guy"..... STFU!!!! Morey is getting payed to analyze who we can get and if he actually thinks he will make the team better. If we are not going after Jameer Nelson than maybe its because Morey does not think he fits in with the team end of story..... If James Harden is not perfect and a basketball God that does not mean we should turn our backs on him because Kevin Love ........ Harden is a Rocket, Love is not... We DO NOT have a line of all stars even near the realm of James Harden and Dwight Howard who are waiting to sign up with Houston.... Not Kevin Love, Not Carmelo, Not Bosh, Not Lebron James and not even Parsons..... So why knock on Harden who has the potential to be as good as any of them...... So ungrateful

14. okeezie

okeezie Member

And was a major reason OKC beat SA in 2012 to get to the Finals.

15. cxdom

cxdom Rookie

He was a major reason why they got stomped in the finals.

16. okeezie

okeezie Member

Mathews is not why we lost. Not even close.

17. okeezie

okeezie Member

They got stomped.because LeBron kicked their ass.

18. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

He was the 3rd reason after KD and WB, if you can call 3rd fiddle a major reason.

19. okeezie

okeezie Member

Yep..I do..hence the whole NBA looking for a Big 3.

20. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Mathew contributed more wins than Harden in the series. When a scrub does that to our max player, or self-claimed cornerstone, we got a big problem.