1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. verysimplejason

The same goes with you. You are also assuming just as he is, that it's not a big deal. We can say the same thing to you...

I'm not trying to be rude, but you can't create a scenario in your head based off what he said and believe it.

Reality is, we don't know what's going on now with other players' heads. I think the correct stand here is just to wait and see how it will turn out. ;)

2. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I know you're trolling, but somehow it still pisses me off.

3. Houston_Rockets

I am not saying he is a role player, I said he played like one. That is why you don´t say others are "role players", because guess what, I can legitimately say that Kawhi Leonard in other systems would just be a role player, and guess what he was finals MVP because someone believed he had the talent to play above and beyond what he had ever done before.

Do you believe anyone goes above and beyond for a "cornerstone" that doesn´t play defense and ball watches on offense when he doesn´t have the ball and call others "role players or pieces that complete our team"?

Once again, I am not saying this will create chemistry problems for sure, what I am saying is that he gains nothing by saying this and exposes himself and his obvious flaws.

4. Classic

Classic Member

Thanks Harden for saying what needed to be said.

5. verysimplejason

Truth hurts somehow...

6. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

I didn't make an assumption...what assumption did I make? I said that you can't make up scenarios off of a quote. I liked the quote and he's taking responsibility being one of the leaders of this team saying that winning is on him and Dwight. Go back an read what I wrote. If you think that role players would get offended for being called role players then maybe you watch too much drama tv. It's not that serious....maybe I have too much testosterone running through me lolol maybe I'm the problem. Who knows

7. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Harden is taking aboaut Parsons.
    He is trying to gives us hope
    Probably he doesn't use the rights words

1 person likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

This.

Players are not dumb. They know the pecking order and role players know who and what they are. If a role player doesn't know he is a role player, then you have REAL problems.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

shots fired...teammates downed by friendly fire...:(

but in all seriousness.. Harden needs to back up talk. Period. He better be on a mission next season.

10. solodolo

solodolo Member

Damn that ether !

11. queazie

queazie Member

Dwight said it against a past player. Harden is directing at past AND current players.

Sure what he said is correct and the others has NO RIGHT to get upset. BUT, this is not good for the team or the organisation; and definitely not suiting for a leader to claim.

Imagine you, at work, your manager says, all of you can be replaced! sure, it is true that they can replace you, but how would it make you feel? Would you work hard for your company? I know I wouldn't. People like to be appreciated.

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

No, he's not.

13. verysimplejason

I think I'm with you there. It's needed to be said so we don't blame anybody for post-season failures but him and Dwight. They are the stars and therefore must be held the most responsible be it a win or lose situation. There's no more Lin or Parsons is the reason Rockets lost in the playoffs. The next step for "superstars" is to carry the whole team and be man enough to be responsible for everything. There's no scapegoat this time...

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Exactly what I suspected. Shots fired at Parsons for sure, thing was Parsons thought he was a star and didn't need to play defense. At times Harden looked pestered at that, showing the lack of chemistry. I knew this was happening. HARDEN is too much of an alpha , he is kobe-lite where he would self destruct the team.

15. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

He could have said it differently BUT we all know it's true. We'll only go as far as Harden + Howard carry us.

16. thisiscaketown

He'll be justified if he can lead the team far in the playoffs. Another disappearing act in the playoffs is unacceptable now.

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I agree with Harden!

Now it's time for him to step up his game on the other side of the court!

18. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

If that's what you think....I'm not trying to change your mind. All I'm saying is that the ROLE PLAYERS that James was referring to do not need you to defend them. Also, calling them role players will not stunt their growth if they are destined to be great/good. Kawhi was a role player and he probably had NO issue when Pop called him one....I'm sure Pop makes it clear. The fact is people are too sensitive and everything has to be PC and fair.....Harden didn't say anything wrong and just because he had a bad series against two above average defenders (batum/Matthews) doesn't mean he can't call someone a role player when they are. This thread....god and I know I'm apart of the problem defending my point. I'm sorry Good night lolol

19. verysimplejason

When you said, "It's not a big deal...". "It's not that serious...". That's pure assumption on your part. How do you know? Did you suddenly have a power to mind-read all those Rockets players? LOL!

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. He's taking accountability he's not taking shots at his team or putting them down. Him and Howard this off season are deff talking the talk. Hopefully they back it up this year