1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah Jordan was a notorious bad teammate, and a poster above already mentioned about Hakeem.

Great players are a little cocky and arrogant. That's not exactly a bad thing.

2. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

From parsons comments it's clear to me that his ego was out of line with his abilities. I love that Harden said this and it's the attitude you want your max players to have. It's not about excuses of losing complimentary players. And no matter what he thinks, that's all parsons is and will ever be.

3. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Except for the fact that Harden is no where near the player Hakeem or Jordan was.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Damn. Shots fired!!!!

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Parsons could have stayed. I can't blame a man un trying to make a living, but we all know what his priorities are now. Harden it is time to stick it to the Mavs. They are right up th were with Utah on teams I just hate!

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I like the comment.

Parsons acted like a douche, so Harden is giving it right back. Not too big a deal.

7. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

He is completely right. No argument. It's not something you do, but it's done already so I expect a huge step forward for the Rockets this season.
    This will be Harden's own poison. If he isn't playing well or defending his man and I'm his teammate, I'm throwing shots at him, lol. I'll play my role if you play yours.

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Unfortunately, Harden played like a piece in the playoffs.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's a lot closer to them than Parsons, which is his underlying point.

Daryl Morey went on a 3 day media tour to explain why Parsons wasn't a franchise player in the eyes of the Rockets organization, something most people already knew/agreed with anyway. Now Harden echoes that sentiment (as did Dwight btw... ) and he's completely out of line?

Sorry bUT this isn't a fairy tale. Pro athletes that admit we're at war with East Asia and not Eurasia rather than mouthing dutiful faux humility Rudy Ruettger bull**** are refreshing IMO

#89 SamFisher, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Give it up... Now...We tolerated the Adelman hissy fit and the odd Patterson infatuation you had, resulting in two month long spam posts... But it is old, played out...DONE.

1 person likes this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Talk that stuff now rolllllll wit it...

12. queazie

queazie Member

What he says is true. But! A true leader would not have said such a thing.
    Leaders draw people around him; leaders make people work hard with him; leaders inspire and fire people up to stand behind him. Harden is not yet a leader. He needs to mature.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Carl's crusade against Harden will go on for quite a while. He's got all offseason to keep this going.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some narcisstic guy is going to be Offend-ed!

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

A look at the roster and I wonder if he is being too complimentary.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Hardens still young. And if him and Dwight can both play to their potential at the same time, we are deadly.

I like it.

Let's get it done!

17. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I 100% agree with his words and hope he sticks with the attotude.

That said, inside voice james wth is wrong with you. Even u say it in the lockerroom is fine, but to embarass ur teammates in the media smh.

Well if this will prompt beverly to call you out on your defense then maybe theres some positoves

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

It's not embarrassing. He is saying it's on him. He needs to step up, and I think he will.

I believe in harden. I don't give a crap what some people think, Carl. He's better than love and has shown it by taking our team to the playoffs in 12-13. Harden revived Houston and he is going to get us a chip.

19. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

The problem is that this hurts team chemistry. Now players on our team will be more willing showcase their own skills at the expense of our team.

Whereas a player might be willing to take a last second half-court shot for a lucky chance at making it, they won't anymore because it'll impact their stat line for the next trade. There were many times where a player would go and cover Harden's man to help him, but will they do it now if it risks their own guy being free?

Sure, he's right. Harden and Howard are the cornerstones. But a leader shouldn't say that.

It's because we have experience in the workforce. We know how important a good work environment is and those of us that are managers know that creating a healthy culture is critical to success.

Can you imagine a General in the Army telling his soldiers that they're just pieces to be used?

20. King901

King901 Member

Before people get butthurt, dwight said the same thing just in a different manner.