1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberx

cyberx Member

I do not see why everyone has a PIPE dream of getting Dragic. Really makes no sense to me. The guy is getting paid nothing compared to what he should be.

I do not see ANY asset the Rockets have that would make Phoenix want to deal him to Houston.

I haven't been in this thread in a while. Any updates? Questions?

2. cyberx

cyberx Member

Got Nick Johnson! lol

I don't think Morey is ever "done".

Would say the bulk of the moves have been made.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

BHollic..... giving up??? NEVER. LOL.

WE
    ARE
    NOT
    TRADING

F - IT

Technically I wasn't right guys, he WASN'T Traded (even though they tried to S&T him). See.... I DO have a crystal ball.

Anyways, reg a Kevin Love trade.... We are talking about the Rockets assets competing against the likes of Andrew Wiggins, Bennett(who I still think can be a good player) & a 1st, and Klay Thompson (who is basically committing to staying long term as well).

The Rockets were out of the Kevin Love race the day the Cavs won the #1 pick. The trade market at that point just got F-ed.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

Whatever you do, don't go through the previous pages in this thread...

A lot of folks are curious about our TPE through the Lin trade. Ilyasova is an interesting name. Do you think the Bucks are interested?

Also, are you hearing anything regarding Marion (with ANY team)?

5. sabesque

sabesque Member

What's your take on the Parsons deal? You think he's a max level talent? Or how much of it is a "Cuban-f-with-Houston" premium?

6. cyberx

cyberx Member

No - I do not think he is a max player. Especially so young with the small back issues he has had.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think most people agree with you on that. We obviously cannot get him.

8. duluth111222

duluth111222 Member

If we still had Parsons, we might still have a slim chance (rumor is Minny likes Parsons a lot). But now that Parsons is gone, we have nothing to offer compared to those other teams.

WE
    ARE
    NOT
    TRADING
    HARDEN!

That's for you, CH.

9. maczmina

maczmina Member

cyberx, no news about coaching staff?

10. thething

thething Member

Do you know how much we offered Lowry? I would have thought we would have offered at least 15-16 per year, and then he took the Raptors offer of 12M per year.

Did he take less to go to the Raptors?

11. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Have you heard anything about the Rockets interest in Shawn Marion or another player they'd use the MLE on?

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

I agree. The biggest asset the Rockets have is the Pelles pick, and the Suns are the one team that really has no need for that pick, and ultimately is looking to sell picks instead of acquire them this year.

Most teams in their situation (players about to get paid looking to get moved) would love a pick like that, but its sort of a perfect storm that they have a situation where they are a team that happens to have multiple picks from other teams that are comparable in value, and that team is looking to sell... not acquire more picks.

13. duluth111222

duluth111222 Member

Any chance of us getting Matrix?

14. sabesque

sabesque Member

I mean, Dragic is much more likely to opt out next year than not. They have to consider the possibility of losing him, and they have to at least look at trying to get something back.

I'm not saying it's likely, but say the Rockets don't have the assets that Phoenix wants straight up, but surely a multi-team deal is within the realm of possibility.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If there is a team out there who wants to give up valuable assets while not receiving the best player in the trade, then yes it's possible. But I don't know of any team willing to do that. Isiah Thomas isn't a GM anymore.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

i highly doubt they offered him close to max.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

No, that's me being weird on a morning when coffee just ain't doing the trick.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I wouldn't trade Nick Dick Johnson for Goran Dynex Dragic. Nick has a higher ceiling.

19. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

I see what you did there.

20. thething

thething Member

I suspect that as well, which only makes me angry. A Lowry/Harden/Parsons/Dwight team would have been a legit contender. Lowry is a near all-star level player and would have been worth it.

That contract would have been easily tradable as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.