1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

If you despise the content in this thread so much, why keep posting?

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

ORLY? Shxt's all over dat internet!

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=256973

it'sdefinitelyhappening.gif

3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

change the thread title to "king drews crystal ball"

4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Good post JayZ, agreed.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

no. rather ..."King Drew's contagious blue balls"

6. shawn786

shawn786 Member

"Queen Drew keeper of the blue balls"

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Oh, I'd love to get him back, no doubt. I'm not questioning the reasoning behind such an acquisition. Just saying it's a shame it might take the equivalent of three first rounders to un-do the mistake of letting him go in the first place.

And if he wants the max, fine. That's the market. He earned it.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Very good post. That Lin/Dragic decision was a blunder. Obviously you can't look at it in a vacuum, but we underestimated how good Dragic would be, overestimated how good Lin would be, and put too much emphasis on that player option.

9. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

STILL nothing??? :(

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It wasn't the player option.

Beatin a dead horse here, but.....It was LES. He wanted Lin, no matter what....for financial/Far East business connection reasons.

The PO excuse was for public consumption, and no offense, but I can't believe how many folks have swallowed this.

11. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

believe it when u see it

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I can already see some awesome small ball line-ups with that group

Harden could become our permanent back up small forward, allowing Daniels and Dragic to get some real minutes at the 2.

Dragic(24) Beverley(24)
    Harden(22) Daniels(16) Dragic(10)
    Ariza(34) Harden(14)

And if Daniels doesn't produce next season you can crank up Beverley's minutes and or try Johnson out.

13. PrettyEdward

PrettyEdward Member

So what is the holdup with this potential Dragic to Hou deal?

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

There's only one holdup that's preventing the deal:

[​IMG]

15. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Well said

16. newAge_Rockets

I can see McDonough as a guy that would be extremely intrigued by Clint Capela. Seems like they could let him develop, and let him reach his potential as an athletic, incredible defender.

17. newAge_Rockets

Capela might even get playing time right away in Phoenix. They aren't in win now mode, so they could let him learn on the job. He would also give them their much needed size, as the Morris twins at PF is a severe disadvantage defensively against all the incredible PF in the western conference.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'd love to sell it to the Suns in that way. "We're giving you 3 first rounders!"
    In reality, as you noted, they'd only get 2 (absent DM doing a next first roudner available move... so what 2017?). And only one is worth anything, really, that Pellies pick, and you can see the other thread up now to debate what value that has.

Alternatively, would I trade Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin and Clint Capela for Goran Dragic? Absolutely. Two backups who under-performed on our squad for a guy who played like an all-star last year?

I think the reality is if its known that Dragic is available, we would be outbid. Not sure by who, but got to think by somebody. I guess the reason this thread remains alive is because PG is obviously not a huge position of "need" in the NBA.

I'm not sure any of the other WC teams would be super pumped about Dragic. All of the playoff competitors are "full" at PG or at least similarly wouldn't have a lot to move. Lakers would want him, but their only asset is Randle, who it is hard to believe they'd trade for another 1 year rental potential. Also considering the Suns own the Lakers draft pick next year, they have no incentive to make them better. Utah drafted Exum. The Pelicans have too many PGs. Ty Lawson is pretty solid on the Nuggets, the Twolves would probably like him, but who the hell knows what is going on over there, the Kings just let Thomas go purposefully though might like Dragic, but what are they offering at this point?

Probably more landing spots in the East, but for every team there are issues where you think maybe not. Like the Magic, who just drafted Payton high in the draft and likely don't want to give up much in assets for what could be a rental.

Again, i don't think Dragic is a rental if the team he goes to offers him the contract he wants... but if he was to walk, he's more likely to do so because he doesn't want to continue on with a team like the Magic, or Kings.

So that's what gives us a little hope.

Just like Bosh was the perfect PF for the Rockets - it fit for both parties, the Rockets seem to be the perfect fit for Dragic. Competitive team, needs a big upgrade at point, can offer Dragic the chance to be a meaningful contributor, get his next big contract and be on a winning squad.

I think he's an asset for sure, in as much as any #25 pick is an asset... but the rose colored glasses of Rockets fans ALWAYS overvalues the degree to which players like Capella or Nick Johnson are assets.

Also, I could also see the Suns trying to be in a bit of the win-now mode. They have the Lakers draft pick to take advantage of next year, and they were close to the playoffs, could taste it, and might be excited... just because some teams maybe shouldn't be in win-now mode, doesn't mean they aren't.

19. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Ha, I think I finally got one of these. It's Rajon Rondo. His jersey number is 9. His initials are RR or rail road. We've always been on his tracks. Blood equals rocket red.

20. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Give me 2 of these 3.

Shawn Marion
    Mo Williams
    Emeka Okafor

We will win 60 games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.