1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocketshopeful

Not sure what's worse .

The trolls claiming insider info such as king drew.

Or the trolls trolling the trolls, thinking their funny after dozens of posters have already done the same.

Back on topic, realistically I don't see how any thing happens until we are much closer to the trade deadline.

Teams don't have much incentive to make a deal now,

2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Ooooohh shots fired at me

3. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Hey Plowman anything new? Also Can you vouch for Francis? Is he a legit insider as well :) or is it Doc Recket on a new name (with his cryptic posts)

4. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Eh, I thought it was pretty obvious Francis was being sarcastic.

5. rocketshopeful

In fairness, yours actually wasn't bad...only because it reminds me of the Broussard gif with the eyes :)

But overall,it is getting a bit much ...

In before someone calls me out for whining or to leave the thread.

I really just look to see if cyber has posted anything...

6. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

In serious mode now (was just playin with you rocketshopeful) if the Rockets do in fact het Goran "Dynex Dragon" Dragic, where does that put Beverley?

7. newAge_Rockets

As the high energy back up off the bench....or a Phoenix Sun.

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

My sources say your sources are fake

9. Nook

Nook Member

Ideally your back up 1 and 2.

Beverley is a realist, he knows he will never be a star. He has said his goal is to improve his defense against 2's this off season.

A 3 man rotation of: Dragic/Harden/Beverley getting 90+ minutes a night would be just about as good as in the NBA.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Throw Troy Daniels in there and that definitely is a solid rotation.

11. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

12. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

In my opinion, IF there is a trade it probably won't go down until the last minute much like the Harden trade. Or at the deadline. What's the rush? Morey is aggressive and he said to expect the team to be better than last year's by the playoffs so I tend to believe him. I'm ready for football to start so this off season will quit dragggging on!

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

A trade for Dragic TODAY will have to follow one of two potential scenarios:

1) Lin TPE (plus other assets)

2) TJones, Powell, Covington, DMo (or BOTH Bev + Canaan)

I don't see the 2nd as being palatable for the Rockets. Either you lose your entire power forward rotation (TJones and DMo), or you lose half of your PFs and both Beverley and Canaan......for a player on a one year contract.

Our offer is likely Lin TPE, 2015 NOP 1st, 2015 NYK 2nd, Rights to Capela.

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Only way I would do the Lin TPE, 2015 NOP, 2015 NYK and right to Capela is if Dragic told the FO that he will resign or play out his new contract until the new CBA (I think his contract ends during that time if he uses his option). No point in trading an almost guarantee lottery pic for him if he will just opt out and go elsewhere

15. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Regardless of the outcome of this off season, I'm excited for the start of training camp. I'm very curious on how well Ariza will mesh with the group.

1 person likes this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

When you mention the Trade Exception, do you mention it simply because it would be involved in the deal, but not actually traded, right?

We can't trade an exception to another team, but we can use it to take on Dragic's salary, since it is less than the amount of the exception (8.3 million, i.e., what would have been Lin's cap hit this season).

Which would make it: New Orleans' 2015 first, our own 2014 first (Capela), and a 2nd rounder. For a guy we should have never let go. (Thanks Les, for your Chinese business ties, and for falling for the hype, and for letting the NYK guys bait you into making Morey go after Lin.)

Probably a fair trade, even if it means we have to give up three first rounders just to get the guy back (if you include the Rockets' 2015 first we flushed along with Jeremy).

17. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

...just to let him walk again after next season. :rolleyes:

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Probably a fair trade?

Forget the past. Goran Dragic just put up 20/6/3 with a steal and a half, shooting 54% from 2, 40% from 3, and 76% from the line.

Would you like to see more assists? Sure, though he seemed to change his game up a bit, scoring more himself. In 12/13 he was 7th in the league in assists with 7.4 apg. Considering the team he'd be on in Houston, he's really as good a fit as you can find. He can split time at the 1/2 also, which is even better ... as opposed to someone like a Rubio who I would never run at the 2, or even a Kyle Lowry, who I just don't like at the 2 as much. Dragic has some of those Manu like mechanisms at the 2 guard that just work (yes, white comparing to white)

Giving up a pick that is likely to be #10 or worse (Pelicans), that was this year's #25, and the Rockets own pick in 2015 that is likely to again be at or around #25 is more than fair. Not having to give up TJones? Sign me up, and twice on Sunday. I'd give him anyone else not currently in the starting lineup.

Yes, Dragic is likely to opt out and want a max or near max deal...

And so? Give it to him. Unless Dragic is the type who just randomly says I'd rather go play for a crap team where I'd get less money just to have better stats, you are basically assured of signing him. If you don't want to as an organization at that point, that's your perogative... maybe DM sees someone else he really likes in FA, but I doubt that.

At some point DM (and Les) is going to go all-in. meaning fill up those salaries with 3 max guys, and build the championship team around them, hopefully. I absolutely believe DM would do that in a heeartbeat if he could get Dragic without giving up anymore than what you laid out.

Dragic
    Harden
    Ariza
    Jones
    Howard

is a starting 5 that could definitely win you a championship any of the next 5 years, assuming Morey can build a bench around it that matters.

No offense to PBev, but Dragic is a huge upgrade... in part because it puts PBev on the bench.

The PF position is a weakness. It's a weakness now. Consider having Dragic on the team this year, or resigned to a max deal in future years, IS another asset to trade. Perhaps at max he is slightly overpaid - PG position is so so deep - but not nearly so much so that you couldn't find a partner at some point.

#4278 JayZ750, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Stop whining and leave this thread....

:grin:

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

This is literally the only place on the internet I've seen any rumors about us trading for Dragic. I would love to get him back but I'm not seeing a lot of smoke for this supposed fire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.