1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That's true

2. TruthBeTold

TruthBeTold Member

This freakin' game man...solidified Dragic as a warrior in my mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4G9612twdg

3. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

If were able to keep Tjones while trading for Dragic. DM would be the GOAT GM!

4. mario_v

mario_v Member

Plowman, are you saying that dmo would be traded and not jones. I do agree that dmo has potential, he's got better post moves than most big men. He just needs to go to a team that will give him playing time and let's him work through his mistakes on the court.

But I'm not so sure other teams see dmo's potential.

5. solodolo

solodolo Member

I need everybodys positive energy .

[​IMG]

6. TheRealJames

TheRealJames Member

How can the rockets get Dragic. They have no assest, in article they said the suns are looking for a big ransom for his services. smh

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

No. You're clearly overrating them. First off, Dmo has almost zero value. I'm not saying he's the worst player, but teams who would like to have him will not give up a guy with potential for one that has sat on the bench the past two seasons. Again, I'm not saying he's untradable, I'm saying he doesn't have much value. TJones isn't worth that much either. He played ok overall lat year, sometimes great sometimes bad which is why I say ok. But he played alongside Howard which smart GMs realize, and people saw him as pretty useless against Portland.
    And then you say Nick Johnson and Canaan? When are you going to realize that the reason we hear all this positive feedback on them is cuz you follow their team. Every team has 2nd rounders they like. I like those two players. I like all four. But they're not adding much to a trade.

8. zigzag

zigzag Member

Seeing James Harden in White jersey just made me confused..:confused:

man,really miss the old time.No star,no problem.

9. Mark

Mark Contributing Member

I would think Beverly and the NO pick are worth something as well.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

11. mazinger

mazinger Member

[​IMG]

12. coffeelover665

[​IMG]

13. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I don't think we are trading Bev. His salary and his game is worth keeping. Everyone else except Howard, Ariza,Harden would be available I'm assuming.

14. Mark

Mark Contributing Member

Which is exactly why he is an asset. They trade him if it means getting Dragic or Bledsoe in return. Morey doesn't think twice.

15. Progs

Progs Member

16. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

@DwainPrice: If Marion can't get the $5.3 mil MLE from the #Spurs or #Rockets, he may take the $2.73 mil room exception from the #Mavs, Chi, LAL or Cha.

17. Carl Herrera

His salary and his game also makes him valuable to other NBA teams.

I don't know whether he'll get traded, but my guess is that if Morey is to make a trade to land a "third star," he'll prefer giving up future assets (picks, overseas players, younger developing guys like Jones and DMo) to a current contributor like Beverley.

Also, there is a limit as to Beverley's trade value. He is a great role player, but a role player and role players don't have as much value as trade currency than even future assets.

In the end, I think he's more valuable to the Rockets as a player than he is as a trade asset. But who knows what the market really is.

18. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Sign me up for a 2 year MLE.

19. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

worth it? I'd say yes. Having Marion come off the bench would be great since he still has something left in the tank and his veteran experience.

Who else would be plausible at the MLE that is better than him? Not sure...

20. Carl Herrera

Games are decided by the score board, not the "eye test." You don't win a game by looking better than the other team, you win by outscoring them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.