1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Exactly. Who knows how much teams value the Pels pick.

A similar pick is what we got for Lowry from Toronto and played a huge role in landing Harden.

If it's "not Rondo", as Karl said, and as Fox said, "Hou is trying to swing for the fences and pursue Bledsoe" - but yet we really don't have the assets/ability to obtain Bledsoe at this time, then Plowman (and Drew's) stances regarding Dragic DO possibly make sense.

Carl's right. Phx is well aware they aren't competing in the West right now. Getting the absolute most you can for a guy who's likely to not be re-signed next year - if they're able to secure Bledsoe - is smart business.

So who, in the market for a PG, either has the assets to sign and trade for Bledsoe or can or would want to top the Pels pick (and possibly some combo of TJ, DMo, Capela's rights) for a guy who's not guaranteed to stay beyond this year?

Can definitely see why it COULD make sense on Dragic for BOTH teams.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We really want to give up Jones over Motiejunas? That's crazy Jones is a much better player then Motiejunas right now.

3. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Rockets could also trade the Pels pick and the Lin TPE to a third team who then gives the suns something they want

4. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Maybe that should tell us something? Unlike the happy times thread which got cancelled.

5. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Pretty sure the TPE can't be traded. It can be used to absorb a player/contract, helping when salaries don't match. It can only be used to fit a guy in that makes less than the TPE is for.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

6. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

People saying the only asset we have is the Pellies pick are severely underrating both TJ and DMo. TJ may have benefited from H&H, but damn the dude displays some amazing offensive skills, and is an elite athlete. He just needs to learn how to defend consistently. DMo has shown glimpses of being a 7-ft Scola that can defend. He can shoot and score and is long/tall while being agile, we've seen it in small glimpses, but he plays too fast and gets into foul trouble too early...all fixable issues.

Add to that Nick Johnson & Canaan...don't fit on Suns necessarily, but I'd think they have value in the league.

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

To bad all of the Linsiders are gone. I don't know what the hell is going on here anymore, or who to trust with my inside Rockets info.

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Yeah, especially since it seemed like we were close to trading Dmo last season

9. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Plowman, could you share the latest, if there is any?

10. Progs

Progs Member

Morey isnt willing to give up Dmo yet. He covets Dmo more than Jones. When they were talking to the Celtics last year to try and work out a deal for Rondo, Ainge wanted Parsons and Dmo but Morey told him Parsons and Jones. No Dmo. The only player Morey would let Dmo go for that is somewhat attainable is Kevin Love.

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The operative part of what you said is right now. Jones was always going to be the more NBA ready of the two.

But Nick, DMo has always had more upside......TJ has turned out to be a damn good pick, I'm just sayin...

I posted about DMo earlier and I'm telling you, man..while Jones might have popped out of the gate faster, DMo's game is coming.

It was always my hope that he would achieve his potential as a Rocket, but I doubted he would get the chance....Now, after being perfectly positioned to sign Bosh and becoming the favorite to win it all....With THAT falling through, DMo might very well crank it out here.

DMo has those fantastic moves in the post and incredible speed. The guy has grown into his body and should be able to work on the blocks soon, while moving the ball well, and crashing the boards. He's always had the J, just needed the burn to develop the consistency. And he is on his way to becoming a helluva defensive player. This kid should hit 37-38% from downtown eventually too.

I think many here underrate him as he's on a totally different curve vs. TJ.

#3891 Plowman, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  12. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Where you get that info?

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

About the Lakers' interest in Bledsoe:

What I don't get is why the Lakers didn't pursue a straight up signing of Bledsoe or at least keep open the cap room to make such a straight signing an option/threat. [Note: Technically, the Lakers have not officially signed Nick Young and Jordan Hill yet, so they would have the "cap room" still but they can't really rescind the offers at this point without ever player and agent hating them. Might be able to fold Hill into a S&T with Hill's agreement but that's about all]

After the Lakers struck out on Melo, I'd think the next thing to do is to throw some big $ offers at restricted FAs Monroe and/or Bledsoe. Sign the guy to a Parsons or Gordon Hayward contract and see if the other team matches. They can pursue and land players like Lin, Hill and Young 3 days later. Perhaps the Lakers were just eager to have at least some talent around Kobe that even missing out on Lin/Hill/Young was a big deal to them.

One can argue that the Rockets could have taken the same route after missing out on Bosh-- just go after a big time RFA and dare the other team to match instead of signing Ariza. But the Rockets are in a more of a "win now" mode, or at least "win very soon" mode, talent-wise than the Lakers are. Maybe the Lakers just don't perceive themselves that way.

14. Plowman

Supporting Member

Nothing new....We ARE getting a PG...pretty sure it's going to be Dragic.

1 person likes this.
  15. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

What do we give up to get him?

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

There is no one available apart from Josh Smith, and he isn't worth going after. Pat Beverely hasn't recovered completely from his injuries. He also remains at high risk of getting hurt again.

17. zigzag

zigzag Member

Don't tell me Plowman and Drew is the same guy.

18. Plowman

Supporting Member

C'mon now.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Have you heard any rumbles of other PG's besides Dragic? Bledsoe, Rondo, Rubio? Or is Dragic the only name you'v heard?

20. Amir's Johnson

Watch we end up with Sessions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.