1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusted By JLin Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 18, 2014.

1. dantian

dantian Member

Right, Lin was supposed to take any insult from an organization he was about to be shipped away from, because he had the reputation to not act like Lowry back then. "Hey, you took it all 2 years now from McHale and LOHs here, why not take one more for the good of the LOHs. Hahah":rolleyes:

2. dantian

dantian Member

You are right. It's hard to talk about system under McHale. Read and React is lazy coach's excuse to do nothing but let the talent play out on the court. So, Lin may have become Dragic/Lowry level player, were it not for Harden, a ball dominant player Dragic and Lowry did not have on their teams. It's just incomprehensible whey Morey failed to trade Lin after he signed Howard knowing McHale was sure to bench him and hence further reduce his trade value:confused:

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Don't be disgusted by the Rockets for this one. Be disgusted at the fact that Lin sucks so bad that we have to pay someone to take him off our hands. Jeremy Lin basically screwed us multiple times. The first when we resigned him. The second time was during the playoffs both years. Now when getting rid of him. I can't wait for Laker fans to start booing him. Once that happens, it is straight to the D league for him.

1 person likes this.
  5. split41

split41 Member

I think this is it. You got to think about the time constraints and who would take him. You have to pull the trigger quick, and hopefully we dominate so that our first is pretty much a 2nd rounder anyway.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I commend Morey for doing whatever it takes to make our team better

Getting rid of Jeremy Lin was like getting a nice apple at the picnic when you realize the core is not good and it's got ants crawling all over it.

nothing is wrong with the apple, it's just not for our picnic.

7. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Totally agree. And what's even more pathetic is that they don't even seem to dislike Lin, but his "fans." They basically let other people dictate how they feel about someone, even if it harms are team more.

And the real Lin fans are long gone from this site. What we have now are trolls that pretend to be his fans and so many people are falling for it.

Actually Torocan had a post that examined the SportsVu data and found that this isn't true at all. The times that Lin does this is really small and for most people it's just a type of selection bias.

I don't think anyone that is against this trade is saying they think Lin is the answer. But rather we gave up too much without certainty, and that our bench is definitely worse without him. We wouldn't have won Game 5 without him.

And yet when Lin played while Harden was out he was averaging 22 points, 8 assists. I think Lin will do just fine on the Lakers.

Hopefully Morey will remember the words of another famous Texan, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again."

1 person likes this.
  8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

the only thing i'll say is that professional sport is an entertainment industry and those fans basically sucked the life out of the entertainment.

9. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

The Rockets giving the Lakers our first round pick next year shouldn't really affect us too much. The pick should be around the 20s and the draft next year is expected to be top heavy, with very little talent left outside the 18th to 19th pick.

Also, the Rockets were going to get rid of Lin regardless. Its hard to find a team that is willing to pay Lin 15 million this up coming season. By trading him, the Rockets have more flexibility and cap room to make other improvements. Lin is a decent player and probably a career back up PG. No need for the Rockets to pay a back up PG 15 million when they have Canaan, Nick Johnson and Ish Smith for much cheaper.

10. calcium

calcium Member

I think the fuss is about giving up stuff (the 2 picks) when the consensus
    is that you wouldnt have needed to if it was done later at a time of our choosing.

11. Razsan

Razsan Member

That would be 2 draft picks....

12. Razsan

Razsan Member

Mamba, I would like to point out that in his 5th year and 1st with Phoenix (2 years ago), Dragic's numbers were similar to Lin's from last season.
    You might be right that he's a career backup but he's gotten better every year and it wouldn't surprise me to see him put up stats that would make you think otherwise.

13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If Rockets knew in advance that Bosh wasn't coming, I'm sure Lin, or even Asik would not have been traded. Morey can say all he wants, but he lost this offseason with the gamble. We subtracted 3 prime age players for 1 aging prime player in this offseason. If you count Ish, or Dorsey as players, okay. The main thing is Harden and Dwight, if we keep them in line, we should still rock the playoffs for years. I'm glad I don't have to look at those dorky glasses he wears.

14. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

Lin got traded to a much ****tier team with an even bigger ballhog, the only positive for him is that Kobe is old and has really messed up knees, so he might be get injured.

15. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

I scoff at this thread.

16. cincymmb

cincymmb Member

Having not gotten out of the first round for years, trades like this should not be taken lightly. We need all the assets we have in order to get point guards better than Ish Smith and at this point it is difficult to think of a trade Boston or Phoenix would do with us for one of their point guards. We are basically down to one chip left on the table with that being the NO draft pick.

17. autoprt

autoprt Member

agree, lin played much better when he started which is understandable if you've ever actually played ball. when you start you have the feel and rhythm of the game. coming off the bench is difficult and hats off to a player who can sit cold enter a game and immediately start hitting 3's or quickly heat up.

my concern is about the bench now and i'm not too confident in canaan but like johnson.

18. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Maybe, maybe not. It could only ends up being 1 pick.

The 2nd round pick that we traded was a pick that we'd received from the Clippers. It's conveyed next season if the Clippers pick falls between #51 and #55. Otherwise the obligation goes away.

So, if the Clippers 2nd round pick ends up falling in one of those 5 draft positions then the Lakers get the pick. Otherwise the pick goes back to the Clips and LA gets nothing for that pick.

19. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Wow we are actually labeling Lin as same level as Royce White? wow the quality of some posters.

20. autoprt

autoprt Member

agreed. no matter the player and your personal feelings about them you can't let the feels cloud your judgement in regards to the players actual game.

i'm learning to search for posters who share valuable comments as compared to others that just want to let out their negative feelings.

however, this is a public forum and everyone is entitled to their opinions.