1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusted By JLin Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 18, 2014.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That Clutchfans tweet also confirms the "deadline" i talked about.

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You need to realize that Parson's upside is built into his contract. By the time his contract is up, the Mavs expect him to be a star.

We had the same expectation for Lin when he originally signed with us. However, he didn't come close to reaching those expectations.

And that's why I listed the guards who signed contracts this offseason. Some of them are better than Lin, but none of them are getting paid more than him.

That makes no sense at all. We signed him to that contract b/c after Linsanity, we thought he had the potential to be a star. However, based on his performance this year, I don't think any team still sees that kind of potential in him.

Why are you ignoring their potential for improvement? You don't think that factored into their offers?

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Morey would trade him at the deadline, which would be much easier and probably just a 2nd rounder would do.

He took a gamble and lost.

4. haydenfisher342

Delete this **** thread. I'm tired of this type of garbage

5. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I fully considered their potential for improvement and I can still tell you they are not worth max. They are overpaid. The only reason I guarantee you that they got paid max is because they are RFAs.

I view Lin at 5-6 mil worth, as RFA, potentially 8.3mil. On Rocket team, he is at most 5 mil because he doesn't mesh well with Harden. Difficulty in trading him is mostly the 15mil payment, and he's overpaid at 8.3mil.

Anyways, don't want to talk about Lin anymore. I was here to talk about the trade and the pick we gave up.

6. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

If he at least played consistently, I wouldn't mind having him around. He has really great games, but then he has horrendous games. One thing that always frustrated me was when he would push the ball, drive into the paint and pick up his dribble helplessly looking for a pass.

I wish the guy luck but his contract wasn't worth the way he was playing here imo.

7. Lando19

Lando19 Member

I know it won't be the lakers

Lins a great guy, below average PG

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Didn't read.

Morey was on a time limit from the Lakers.

We had indications that Bosh was coming.

We made a gamble. All there is to it.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Draft pick well spent

10. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Lin's gone. Good luck to him in LA and I hope he blows up.

Hope Beverley and Ariza can bring some intensity on the offensive end this year to make up for Parsons and Lin.

11. SuperManRocketz

below average?? lmao how about the great games he had against knicks, spurs,thunder,portland,bulls,lakers, and etc..Mcfail always pulling him out when he is getting hot with his shots..He even says JLin shoot to much to the media..Face it the coach didnt fully use his skill set..Im still a rocket fan but damn it pisses me off we got rid of great players and try to resign them back..A lot of LOH here..Lakers forums seem to embrace JLin unlike here..

12. Lando19

Lando19 Member

For every 'great' game he had, he had 10 absolutely terrible games. 'Face it' he's a below average PG that averaged 12/4 & eventually lost his starting spot. The only 'skill set' I ever saw, was his unnatural ability to hold the ball, miss 3's, & watch him attempt to drive to the goal, then run right back out.

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Kobe will probably kill him 10 games into the season. He won't tolerate his stupid mistakes and mediocre play

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Couldn't Morey get the lakers to throw in tickets to Coachella ?

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

How do you know they didn't? ;)

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Its ridiculous the amount of a talk a mere bench player gets

17. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Lin was going to be a free agent after next season anyway. We had to trade him now in order to give up a first round draft pick. I guess we could have waited until the trade deadline, but then we probably would have given up less. We had to move now.

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

OP, are you Seth Payne?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>I freaking love analytics, but part of the business is giving a damn about humans.</p>&mdash; Seth Payne (@PayneNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/PayneNFL/statuses/490268000251953153">July 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. calcium

calcium Member

And it is thinking like this which is why the team will be lucky to
    get out of the first round. You have to take emotion out
    of it and think of it as a business transaction.

Not saying he shouldnt have been traded, but for a first AND a second
    and cash, that's just a very very BAD deal for the Rockets.

I am quite surprised you cannot see this for what it is.

We got royally screwed (from a business value point of view).

20. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

As long as you post the same when Dragic or Lowry comes up.