1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusted By JLin Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 18, 2014.

1. kvnzhangyay

kvnzhangyay Member

Nothing wrong with trading away Lin, but its pretty r****ded that we pretty much gave him away for free

2. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Disgusted By "Disgusted By JLin Trade" Thread

3. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Nobody would take him free given his salary.

4. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Lin was never part of our plan. Lin was a hot commodity we obtained when we had nobody else.

Luckily for us though, as soon as we hit the jackpot with Harden and Howard, we started heading in a new direction, the championship direction.

No offense to Lin. Great guy, good player, and I will continue to root for him.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

First response to the trade by my die hard Laker fan brother:

"Oh f***! I guess we're tanking again this year"

1 person likes this.
  7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If we had to yield a first rounder to rid ourselves of a burdensome contract and unhappy player, then so be it.

I was sick to death of his fans, too. They were called LOFs for a reason. They didn't give a **** about the Rockets, and Jeremy was always the poor soul ground to dust under the lurching heel of Kevin McHale.

Even ESPN refers to Lin's "rabid fan base", which is polite-speak for "debating Jeremy Lin with his fans is like arguing with a drunk".

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

9. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I am offended by this Disgusted by JLin Trade thread.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

He aint gonna be in Rush Hour 3.

11. cincymmb

cincymmb Member

Keep in mind that Lin is likely to have a much better year not playing under McHale, who does not have a system conducive to point guards. Lowry and Dragic (and even Brooks) did much better once they left McHale's system. This bad trade of a young player could become even more of a nightmare for years to come.

12. alethios

alethios Member

Troll thread is troll

13. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

He had to make this move not knowing for sure whether Bosh would sign. Imagine if he'd waited, the Laker's window closed, and we're stuck not being able to trade Lin after Bosh decides he's signing with us. How pissed would people be if we got stuck with Lin and that kept us from being able to sign Bosh?!

14. SPBR

SPBR Member

Admit it, some of you were refreshing GARM constantly waiting for another reason/chance to channel your anger and disgust.

15. SPBR

SPBR Member

+1 Truth

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Hes not on the team anymore time to move on same about Parsons

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Thank you Lakers. have fun !

18. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I was going to make a thread about this topic too -- but the opposite.

People who are complaining bout the JLin in the half dozen or so other threads that the OP should have posted in are wrong.

First of all, the Lin trade happened because Morey thought he had Bosh and the Lakers offer (which, I am guessing, was a lot better than other offers to dump Lin) was about to be withdrawn because of their timetable for other moves. Morey made the move, lost out on Bosh -- but it was a move he had to make in order to have a chance at Bosh.

However, the Lin trade is good even in light of the fact that the Rockets did not get Bosh. Yes, they lost their 1st round pick next year (a protected pick mind you), but the TPE they got in return is more valuable (in my opinion) than Lin and the pick we lost.

Lin had negative value. Yes, that negative value would have disappeared at the end of this season, making giving up a pick to get rid of that negative value unnecessary. But, the positive value of the TPE gives the Rockets enough leverage to make up for the net loss in value of the pick and Lin. Now, if Morey is not able to make a move using the TPE, then the loss of the pick was indeed a complete net loss -- but, as I said before, it was a good risk in the process of chasing Bosh.

Plus, man, the GARM has been so much better since that trade -- even with the cataclysmic disaster that Free Agency has been in relation to where our hopes as Rockets fans were at.

19. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

20. tzou88

tzou88 Member

I'm disgusted by this thread.