1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. mig0s

mig0s Member

Why harris isnt starting instead of raymond bigmac felton?

2. dude1394

dude1394 Member

Harris had an operation last year that I believe shortened one of his toes. I think it is a rare one and the mavs do not know what type of stress it can take. So to protect his health, they want him to come off the bench so they can monitor his minutes better..

I expect he will finish most games.

3. dude1394

dude1394 Member

Cheapest 15million franchise player in the league. We'll see after year 3 or so.

4. dude1394

dude1394 Member

Cheapest 15million franchise player in the league (after Harden it appears). We'll see after year 3 or so.

5. dude1394

dude1394 Member

He's kinda short and imo doesn't rebound well for a 3. Carlisle will have him guarding plenty of 3's I expect.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Scouts 'stunned' Rockets didn't match Mavericks' offer for Chandler Parsons; he could be 'dynamic' player

[rQUOTEr]“I’m not sure we know who he is yet,” a Western Conference scout said. “Maybe he hasn’t even scratched the surface. He’s played well in Houston, and you can always say he can add this or add that, but what he’s done has been pretty good. Dallas is getting a really exciting young player.”

A talent evaluator from the Eastern Conference also said that Parsons’ best days should be ahead of him, although it’s not easy to make that leap from being a good player to a great one.

“He’s got the skill set to be a dynamic player,” he said. “But you never know what’s going to happen in the future. There are a lot of things that can help or hurt a situation like that.

“But really, I think it’s a perfect situation for him in Dallas because he doesn’t have to go in there and do it all. He can defer to Dirk [Nowitzki], and you know Monta [Ellis] can score. So I think it’s going to give Chandler a chance to grow at a sensible rate.

“He’s going to be really good for Dirk, too. He’ll help create space for Dirk.”

Both experts were surprised the Rockets did not match the three-year, $46 million offer sheet the Mavericks gave Parsons.

“Houston can’t be certain that they are going to continue to be able to go after and land the big fish in free agency,” one said. “They got Howard that way, but there’s no guarantee that the next big guy on the market is going to go there.

“I was stunned that they didn’t match it. That’s a heck of an asset to let walk out the door without getting anything in return.”

The Western Conference scout predicted that Nowitzki will be a huge asset for Parsons.

“He does a lot of things pretty well, and if you put him alongside Dirk, he’s going to learn so much from him,” the scout said. “And with him being 6-9 and Dirk being 7-foot, that’s a lot of length, especially as skilled as they are.”

He added that the Mavericks — by acquiring Parsons and center Tyson Chandler in the offseason — have stamped themselves as a threat to San Antonio, Oklahoma City and the Los Angeles Clippers, widely considered the three heavyweights in the Western Conference.

“I think Dallas is one of those teams that can leap up into that group,” he said. “With another year of experience and with Doc [Rivers] there, the Clippers will be better. And they’ll have time to put the off-court stuff behind them.

“That will make them tough. I don’t want to discount Oklahoma City. ... I don’t know if picking up [Trevor] Ariza really makes [the Rockets] better. They acted like they were going to do a lot of stuff and came out of it kind of empty.

“San Antonio is still the team to beat, but I think Dallas came out of the offseason in far better shape than they were.”[/rQUOTEr]

7. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I have a hard time believing what scouts say when they let Parsons drop to the 2nd round.

1 person likes this.
  8. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

"Scouts" = Cuban? LOL spin zone.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Damn near every WC starter would look pretty good to someone whose job it is to evaluate Eastern Conference talent. :grin:

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

edit: nvm, video set to private

#170 redhotrox, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

whats that supposed to be about?

12. mig0s

mig0s Member

Him and his boyfriend having fun

13. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

It was an interview of Parsons at the Kids' Choice Awards last night saying that Morey gave him a call after the Yahoo article came out and they had a heart-to-heart over everything. Tried to find a link elsewhere but no such luck.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Monta, Dirk, and Chandler's shot chart combined:

[​IMG]

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

^Dirk all red, Monta and Chandler are blue

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I bet he's going to learn the one legged shot

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They have it all.

18. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

well dirk is clearly all of the red... he is ridiculous man

[​IMG]

19. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

But he's not a franchise player, so the cheapness of his contract is questionable.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Is he even better than Shane Battier?

Look at ORTG and DRTG.