1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Andre Johnson no longer wants to be a Texan

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Jul 10, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]Local 2 Sports caught up with Houston Texans running back Arian Foster working out with other current and former teammates at the gym, Nine Innovations.

Foster said during this offseason of change, the biggest challenge for the 2014 season is finding ways to win.

"I think last year we found ways to lose," he said. "I think it's changing our mindset (for this year). If you believe in something wholeheartedly, it's contagious and everybody starts coming together as a team."

On Tuesday, Foster, Brooks Reed, Connor Barwin and other athletes were training with Foster's brother at Nine Innovations in the Galleria area.

"I think this is such a unique experience for an athlete because you really get all aspects," Foster said of Nine Innovations. "My brother's been training me since I got to the NFL. He's a big part of the reason I've had any success in the NFL."

Praising the good atmosphere at the gym, Foster said, "I've gotten better this offseason. This is a new place and I feel like once people see my game this year, you know, they're really going to take another look at this place."

Foster also said he hopes to get back to winning ways with wide receiver Andre Johnson wearing a Texans uniform.

"From a leadership standpoint, Dre doesn't talk," he said. "Just having him there, he's one of the GOATs. He's one of the best receivers to ever lace up his cleats."

To take it a step further, Foster told KPRC Local 2's Chester Pitts that Johnson embodies the city of Houston, and still has more star power than the city's younger sports standouts.

"He is Houston," Foster said. "I remember when I had my little run where I had like two back-to-back great seasons. I felt like this city loves me, they love me here. Everywhere I go, this is still Dre's city. I don't care if James Harden is walking around, Dwight Howard, whatever. This is Andre Johnson's city. He is Houston. That's what it means more than anything. He's been a staple here for so long."

The Texans went 2-14 in 2013, and have just three winning seasons in their 13-year history. The franchise has made the playoffs twice. With the lack of prolonged success, Foster says he gets why Johnson wants to play in a different uniform.

"I understand where he's coming from," he said. "I really do. This is a business and people forget that it's a business. He's at the point of his career where he doesn't want money now. He just wants to go win.

"Ultimately that's one of my friends outside the field. So I want him to do what's best for him. If he doesn't feel like playing anymore, he wants to hang it up then I'll support him. If he wants to come back and help us win, I'm all for that as well."

<object name="kaltura_player_1405518419" id="kaltura_player_1405518419" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all" allowFullScreen="true" height="345" width="560" data="http://www.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/0_hzd7i914/uiconf_id/12411302"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/0_hzd7i914/uiconf_id/12411302"/><param name="flashVars" value=""/><a href="http://corp.kaltura.com">video platform</a><a href="http://corp.kaltura.com/video_platform/video_management">video management</a><a href="http://corp.kaltura.com/solutions/video_solution">video solutions</a><a href="http://corp.kaltura.com/video_platform/video_publishing">video player</a></object>

http://www.click2houston.com/news/arian-foster-talks-offseason-workout-texans-changes/26967688[/rQUOTEr]

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Um, no he's not. Well, unless he shows up next week ready to work.

3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

But he's not Dave N Busters, which has a long line of people who are clamoring to join.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

What was up with the mole zoom in with the camera in that video?

[​IMG]

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

After giving everything to this city and suffering through multiple horrid PTSD-inducing seasons of football, fans have turned on him within a matter of weeks.

LOL.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He has quit and doesn't want to be a Texan anymore. This makes it a choice between the Texans and a player int he short term.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, cause we fans have just really enjoyed all the craptastic seasons that have marked the Texans' existence. We just haven't been paid millions to do so, instead, giving up our own hard-earned money to support him and the rest of the franchise.

LOEFFINL, indeed.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*SIGH*

Man this is a *****ty time for Houston Sports

Rocket River
    We hit rock bottom .. .can only rise up

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It feels like Cleveland sling-shotted past us NASCAR style. They were in our rearview mirror for so long in terms of horrible sports towns that I think we almost forgot they were there. Now however, in terms of major cities with multiple teams, we have certainly hit the bottom. Even the Astros, who looked like they might be making a turn up, have figured out a way to depress us all over again with this Brady Aiken fiasco.

#249 Fyreball, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

JFF will end up OD'd next to a transvestite hooker and LeBron will leave for Miami again next offseason. Give it time.

11. Remii

Remii Member

Fans had no problem with letting Parsons out of his contract and trading Asik just because he was unhappy even though he's under contract. But AJ... Get da rope:mad:

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's because they weren't ever his fans, they were fans of the franchise and once he turned on them, the fans turned on him. Shouldn't be surprising.

13. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

i sincerely hope you are a kid and not a grown man typing this emotional garbage.

if you are an adult, you need to reconsider how you view sports. your adolescent post reeks of idolatry.

14. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

You're talking about the same fan base that cheers when their own players get injured and then harass and stalk them at their personal residences. Now I can see why Houston isn't too attractive of a place to play professional sports. Other than having no state tax, I don't see too much upside for athletes wanting to choose to play here.

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Booooooooooo!!!

16. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

good lord... just go away.

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

You give athletes (or people) too much credit. Like they actually care about these types of things besides how much they get paid.

18. RedRedemption

I'm not saying bow down to AJ or anything.
    People here are quick to turn on him. :eek:
    Even for T-Mac it took people a long time and he was given a lot of flack before people (rightfully) started to bag on him.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't hate the man, I just think he's being an idiot. Losing respect for someone isn't the same as hating them.

20. RedRedemption

I will always remember the 10+ seasons of superstar level receiving talent he gave us.

I will lose respect if his demands aren't met and he sits out and whines like Asik did in the middle of the season, but that's a different story.

Yup. Everyone knows that teams are the ones that are remembered through history and not the players.

Who the hell are Jordan, Magic, and Bird?