1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's our starting PG next season??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Asian Sensation, Jul 15, 2014.

1. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Best way is to change McHale. Since that can't happen, I guess we will just have to dump the ball more to Howard and let him do his awkward post up moves and hope it goes in.

[​IMG]

2. Asian Sensation

But all PG's should be. Case in point Miami Heat 2013-2014.

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

This is about the 10th time I've seen this gutless ultimatum this week. You need to give some real life conviction to it, like, "if Beverly is the starting PG for the Rockets, I'm going to become a Spurs fan and only got to the Spurs forum." Then live up to your manly pronouncement if you don't get your way.
    :rolleyes:

Otherwise you should only write something like, "I think Beverly should not start for the Rockets" and maybe post what you think is a real possible, better alternative.

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Good post! I thought the rockets should have gone after isiah thomas, (instead of ariza and either go after stephenson or match parson then used the mle on a backup big) but unfortunately the suns got him. Signing ramon sessions or brooks would be good, even if they don't start.

Especially since the rockets definitely need a pg that can score/playmake and just as importantly, make opposing pgs like Curry, lillard, Westbrook, cp3, parker and the other elite pgs exert some of their energy defending.

The top pgs in the west are killer offensive weapons if not the primary then the secondary scorer. Let curry rest half the game on defense equals him having more energy to bomb threes of the break, the pnroll, off the screen and curls. Let Westbrook relax on d equals him being a menace in the passing lane, on help defense and have more energy to relentlessly attack the basket on offense.

It was the case with lillard in the playoffs and it will be the case again if pat beverley doesn't improve his offensive game and is the rockets primary pg.

5. conquistador#11

it's harden until he is no longer in the mood.

6. Asian Sensation

I laid out the potential repercussions and the potential impact of what could happen if it's not addressed and stated who I wanted. Not sure what you're looking for.

7. jayland

jayland Member

Bev aka Gary Payton 2.0

8. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

Bev couldn't hold Gary's jockstrap.

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

worked alright for them the previous two years....

10. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

they needed monster performances from Miller, Allen, and Birdman along with their Big 3 to overcome their void at PG.

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Tony Parker has only averaged more than 7apg in a season twice and the Spurs have been fine. you don't need a play maker to only be at the point guard spot

12. Sommermärchen

our starting PG and SG is Harden obviously, but i wonder who is gonna lead out secong unit??

my guess we play Harden 50+ minutes a game , yeehaa :eek::grin:

bumby ankle coming

13. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

That's because the Spurs swing the ball around all the time. The Rockets don't play that kind of game.

14. steady

steady Member

It would be so great if Rockets could get Dragic back here.

Do the Suns really need Bledsoe, Dragic, and Isaiah Thomas??

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it is because Parker isn't a high play making guard like a Chris Paul

you are only looking at how they play now, i pointed out that he had averaged 7apg just twice in his career. the Spurs didn't always play like they do now.

16. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Read OP's post. If we have someone like Pop running our offense, he wouldn't be worried. We have McHale. In Pop's system, ball is always moving, making everyone essentially a PG setting up the ball for others. In our system, after losing Parsons and Lin we need someone setting it up to relieve Harden from doing that, so he can concentrate on offense and perhaps do more ...defense.

1 person likes this.
  17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it is only early in the free agency period anyway, leave it a month and see where we are at

18. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Maybe Harden does not want the ball out of his hands?

19. Asian Sensation

That's cause he played next to the best PF of all time under the tutelage of one of the greatest coaches of all time as well. Plus he had Gino helping him out who was an excellent playmaker as well in addition to other vets along the way.

I don't even know why I'm debating with you. Bev and Parker are completely different players. Parker will go down as one of the top PG's and you're bringing him up in a conversation that has nothing to do with Parker or the Spurs.

20. Asian Sensation

Someone who understands reading and comprehending.

Thank you.