1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons offended how the Rockets treated him in free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 14, 2014.

1. Remii

Remii Member

Don't forget about the energy exerted telling the kids to get from in front of the TV and "acting" like you're listening to your wife while she's talking to you when the game is on. Lol..

2. Remii

Remii Member

Also fast break points are another indication of fast paced teams and unlike the Rockets _ San Antonio isn't ranked in the top 10. They pick and choose when to run. We try to run all the time. Big difference.

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I'm offended I won't see any more Jeremy Lin hotties or Chandler parsons instagram photos with models.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

For Lin, there will be 10x more Asian hotties in LA.

Not sure about Dallas women compared to Houston.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

But they still play at a fast pace no matter how you try to convince yourself that they don't. It doesn't matter OKC didn't win a chip this season, they were top 5 defensively.

Harden and sometimes Parsons didn't give any effort at all. When they did they normally won playing at that fast pace.

You don't think Morey was paying attention to that. They thought about the discussion to move forward from Parsons all weekend. Ariza is actually a upgrade defensively over Parsons. The point productions won't be missed because Ariza will score 14-16 points a game while snatching down 6 boards a game. Ariza is good at playing the passing lanes just like Parsons.

We will be better Remii.

6. SunsRocketsfan

completely subjective and can't be validated but on my short trip to both Houston and Dallas.. I'm sorry to say Houston but Dallas Hotties > Houston Hotties. Barkley's comments on women in SA also applies to Houston

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You're not going to the right places.

8. houactuar

houactuar Member

Amen brother, see you been there, nothing easy about getting some quality couch time.

9. houactuar

houactuar Member

If I were a pretty woman, I would want to stay as far away from Barkley as possible. Maybe only Dallas skanks have no pride and want to cozy up to the Taco Bell pitchman.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just follow Parsons' trails. I wasn't a big fan of Robyn. But will see what happens in Dallas. He'll offend some female.

11. houactuar

houactuar Member

Asian and hot, are we talking about chicken wings?

12. zdrav

zdrav Member

Parsons stopped playing defense last year. His main contributions in the playoffs was motivating Batum with needless bragging and letting Lillard score a legendary walk-off 3-pointer. To top it all off, he leaves for the Rockets' hated interstate rival and departs with sour words.

But he will still get nowhere near the amount of hate and resentment that Lin got, and still gets.

13. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

He's right about one thing: Dallas is the perfect match for him.

14. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Not really the same thing. It's not the tactic that offended him, it's the fact that the Rockets didn't consider him a 3rd star.

If the Rockets had only HArden and then went for Bosh/Meo as a 2nd star I think he would've said "you know what, I get it, you need a 2nd star."

15. TheJet

TheJet Member

This is a damn good point. I just assumed the inferred "agenda" comments were aimed a James for a lack of defense and needing the ball in his hands. Don't get me wrong, Harden is a sick, sick offensive player and we'll go as far as he and Howard (maybe other keys too) take us. But he was a scapegoat for a lot of folks due to, by his normal standard, under performing.

But now I think back to the end of last year... Chandler yelling at folks after a busted play or easy basket. Chandler's comments about Batum. The regression of his defense. Was he really trying hard to be that third star? Did he already view himself as such?

The actions and words fit the scenario. It doesn't make it gospel truth, but it's absolutely a plausible theory.

Well done, sir!

16. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

LOL.....you blame him for not being able to keep up step for step wit Lillard? Wake up, the genius that put Parsons on him is still roaming sidelines!! Next year it'll be Ariza getting beat by Lillard on the 3.

17. Remii

Remii Member

Slowing down a lil makes a difference Baller. Also style of play as well. We're ranked around #22 in opponents fast break points. So as many fast break points we get _ we give up. That means you're in a track meet. Coaches who play like that are usually weak in the X's - O's area.

But I think they will slow it down because of Howard. He was impressive with his post game in the post season. If he continues that improvement, they should work the ball into him more and get him more shots.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Uncalled for.... Beauties within every race

19. zdrav

zdrav Member

I agree it was a team failure, but could you imagine if it was James Harden or Jeremy Lin who was on Lillard when that shot went in?

For some reason, Parsons is teflon to a certain degree.

20. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for your opinion, Guy!

I'll hold off on wishing an achilles tear now, so that you don't go through your entire month's supply of kleenex in one day.