1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons offended how the Rockets treated him in free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 14, 2014.

1. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

I recall Morey telling a group of season ticket holders that with Harden and Howard on the team, it would be safe to purchase their jerseys! I don't remember Parson being included in that statement tho.

2. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Your reading comprehension skills are lacking there, Reeko. As I said in my post, I'm a Rockets fan, first and foremost. Don't cherry-pick my post to try and make your point.

3. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Parson thinks he's in the same league as Lebron, Bosh, Melo... a third superstar?

Amusing.

Poor Chandler. Delusion has no cure. :rolleyes:

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Dan Langhi, Bostjan Nachbar, Chase Buddinger, and now Chandler Parsons. I do see a pattern of sorts and it doesn't have anything to do with the complexion of their skin.

5. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I am getting sick of Chandler Parsons' daily classless comments.

Well, you can pretty much say the same thing about Daryl Morey.

Get over it.

6. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

That's very true. Morey is a genius, but too logical. He lacks people skills because he is logic dominant.

7. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

My guess is that's what Dallas is telling him. I'm not sure any other franchise would have paid him that much.

8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

And I wish you were a Mavericks fan - so why don't you do the board a favor and switch affiliations.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I say again. People claim that Morey lacks the human side or people skills, but Lowry claimed the exact opposite. Battier claims the exact opposite.

Message boards project onto players and GMs their own feelings.

As for the Spurs moving their fringe players but keeping their core, the Spurs have never overpaid their players. If Splitter went out and got a max contract offer they'd let him walk too.

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

"Chandler is going to get so much better! He's 25!"

"There is absolutely no way Ariza got better since he played for Houston at age 24!"

-DaDakota

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

DD has become the Steve Jobs of bad ideas and misconceptions. No matter how much you argue with him, no matter how much you tell him the San Antonio model is not reproducible he still finds a way to disagree with you. He doesn't let anything get in his way and stays resolute. It's sort of beautiful even though it's blisteringly wrong. I wish I had that resolve, I'd be a better scientist, a better man, and a better son if I did.

1 person likes this.
  12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Hakeem did not get significantly better after his 7th year of organized basketball. His peak was years 8 through 15. He's another perfect example of the 7-8th year being the top-out point. This point is even moreso driven home by the fact that Hakeem did not *grow up* playing basketball the way most NBA players do... so if anybody had an excuse to improve late in their career, it was him.

Guys whose careers suddenly took off and reached star status after year 7-8 are guys like Gary Payton, Steve Nash, and Chauncey Billups. These are rare, rare exceptions.

Parsons will be more involved in set offense in Dallas than he was in Houston, but his opportunities will be fewer, and the fastbreaks will not come so easily. He will end up the 3rd option, just like he was here.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think Ariza got better - sure, but watching him last year at 29, he is still not as good as Parsons.

All I care about, is that the Rockets KEEP their better players, and improve, even incremental improvement is good.

I rate Chandler at about a 7 out of 10 as an NBA player, and Ariza about a 6 - so we took a step back - and that is the wrong direction.

Now clearly if we can pick up a Millsap or a good starting PF, than this year's aggregate will be better - but right now, the team that won 54 games last year is a little worse - and that bugs me.

DD

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dallas don't run a set offense....The whole free flowing, no set offense was Rick Carlisle's idea....

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Sounds like Morey and the 3 stars philosophy doesn't it.

:)

DD

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

[​IMG]
    This shows the typical win shares by a player, by their draft position over time. I think it might aid your argument.

17. justtxyank

Ariza has played four years of ball since he left Houston.

First two were pretty crappy, third was mediocre only because he shot the 3 ok and then last year was good.

He's dealt with a lot of injuries of course.

I don't think it's really for sure that Ariza is all that much better or whether last year was a career fluke.

18. justtxyank

In another thread you said Ariza had "no redeemable qualities" as an NBA player. Now he's a 6 out of 10 and just a little worse than 7 out of 10 Parsons?

Wacko.

19. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Wait, a guy who "sucks at basketball" and "has no redeeming qualities as a basket player" still rates as a 6 in your book? No wonder you're enamored with so many terrible players.

Now you've looked at some stats from last year, you're going back on your word.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It's pretty evident the Rockets didn't keep their word. They had intended to match. Otherwise they would never have let him be an RFA.