1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Papanikolaou leaning toward two-year deal with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 15, 2014.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Aww, it's garbage because it proves Parsons isn't a star player. In what world is Parsons the same worth as Harden, Steph Curry and other young superstars. Anthony Davis will be making the same money (with this CBA).

Parsons was a favorite for you. Like VSpan, AB, Wafer. Quit it.

#201 sammy, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  2. flipmode

flipmode Member

jinx. hahahaha.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah I repped you. Hilarious that we posted the same obscure NBA player at the time time.

#JVGsBoy

1 person likes this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He can shoot and finish around the basket.

5. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

I'm a fan of bringing over as many of euro guys as we can this year.. Hopefully some have some skill and prove to be decent or valuable assets that could be thrown in a package for a guy like love. I think this is moreys hope for these guys.

6. romain

romain Member

Another lefty, awesome

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Thank you. DD insulting PER is pretty ridiculous. Of *course* it's not a tell-all silver bullet, but neither is it "garbarge." Top PER seasons of all time, top-10: 3 Wilt Chamberlain seasons, 3 Lebron James seasons, and 4 Michael Jordan seasons. Garbage indeed. No way to rate basketball impact at all.

8. justtxyank

There is no point in arguing basketball with DD.

You are just wasting valuable life in your finger joints. If you keep it up too long he'll bring in a ghost account to start backing him up.

9. FeaR

FeaR Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>According to Sport24.gr <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets">@HoustonRockets</a> are willing to give 5 m. $ to Papanikolaou for 2 years <a href="http://t.co/gejoIwU4I9">http://t.co/gejoIwU4I9</a></p>&mdash; Eurohoops.net (@Eurohoopsnet) <a href="https://twitter.com/Eurohoopsnet/statuses/489069078511099904">July 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. justtxyank

Offering him the Bi-annual it seems.

11. Egghead

Egghead Member

12. s.b713

s.b713 Member

We're just trying to create assets, hoping one of them pays out and maybe someone will want one of them come next off season, or in February.

13. Fierguard

Fierguard Contributing Member

That is fair.

According to hoopshype salary , http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm, he is the 26th highest paid player in the league. Is he a top twenty five player? (He would have to be the 25th best player to out play his contract. )

I do not think he is. Also in the term of his contract, three years, I do not think he gets there.

Fierguard

14. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I like it. Bring him on over. Looks like he can play and i like his passion. Can never have enough guys that play with passion and want to win. We don't need him to come in and be a high scorer. We need him to hit open shots at a high rate and be competent on the court. Looks like he has good size and knows how to play the game.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

So he woud be making about half of what he's getting in Europe because of tax and he has to fork out about 1M from a 1.5/6M buyout out of his own pocket?

16. s.b713

s.b713 Member

I think the Rockets can pay for the buyout.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

* Now the "Vice President of Basketball Operations for the Memphis Grizzlies." *

Furthermore, while PER is not the perfect stat it should also be remembered that Parsons has as much time on the court as anyone in the league, averaging over 37 minutes per game last season.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

only 600k, nba rules.

19. basketballholic

Only $600,000 of it can the Rox pay. The rest of it has to come out of his pocket. At $5 million over 2 years...he'll probably have a starting salary of $2.55 million. About $896,000 of that will have to go toward his buyout..netting him around $1.6 million his first year. He's basically making around $2.72 million per season in Europe for the next 2 years. So, it'll cost him something to get over here.

20. justtxyank

Which he has said he's willing to do. (Take a paycut to come to the NBA)

Time to put the money where the mouth is boy!