1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on 790 in the 8:00am hour

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nice Rollin, Jul 14, 2014.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

To me, this is the long term problem. I think Morey has "fun" dealing with all if this. I think even if we added another star, we would have to win it all first year cause he would already be looking for the next big move.

Morey is a very smart dude, but I don't know if we will ever build the chemistry to really win anything under his leadership

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The likelihood of that is very real. Les and DM need to get their heads out of the sand.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Anyone have a link to listen?

When I click "Listen Live" on their website I just get crap about (what else?) the Texans.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's not a new trend. Lots of really good players resign with their current team. That's been happening for years. Just because the Rockets lucked into Dwight wanting to come here doesn't mean it's gonna keep happening. If Morey's gonna continue to be the Rockets GM, he better damn well learn from this experience. If he and Les keep up with this "flexibility to add another star" routine, we're gonna see nothing but first round defeats and lotto picks for the foreseeable future.

You've got two superstars. Arguably the best players in the league at their respective positions. Get a real head coach, add a quality supporting cast around them, and let them mature together. Who knows? Maybe you'll actually win a playoff series for once.

1 person likes this.
  5. hooroo

hooroo Member

790 should've arranged clutch and morey to be on the same time!

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

That's the correct link, they are waiting for Morey

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol the host mentioned someone wanted to grill Muray

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

lol the 790 hosts defending the move by bringing up k.love who the rockets have no assets for

9. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Pels pick & TPE is not enough for a 3rd star.

10. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Exactly, Morey could have and SHOULD have seen this coming..for the first time since he has been our GM, I feel like Morey really did not know how to handle this situation and was stuck. He should've planned all of this.

11. shastarocket

Can't you see Boston get desperate when (an expiring) Rondo gets sick of sharing the ball with Smart?

I can

12. shastarocket

Raheel if you're reading this, you should start him off easy and ask about Capela, lol

13. conquistador#11

there is no doubt maury can replace parsons production, even draft someone to replace harden's production. but that's not the point. you eventually have to build a team.
    To find and develop talent only to let them leave serves no purpose. yeah it looks great on a spreadsheet or in fifa career mode but in real life time goes by, we shed a billion skin cells, get wrinkles and before you know it, mchale is going for his 6th consecutive late season collapse. Having a general to lead us will do more than acquiring one of these me divas like lala

14. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

15. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

"Tough Weekend"

"Still have one of the youngest teams"

16. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Repped, this is Morey's main weakness. Trade everyone for Kevin Love except for Harden and Horward. Fill in around them and let them build chemistry. Stop underestmating time and chemistry.

17. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

"Looked extremely likely that Bosh would take our offer"

18. conquistador#11

"You need three elite players"

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Bosh used you for leverage. I don't blame you for that, but the Parsons situation was handled terribly.

20. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Takes 3 elite players to win cship we feel like we are almost there