1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets should have waited on December to trade Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Jul 13, 2014.

1. jaychi

jaychi Member

They could have waited to trade Parsons for Love. I think Love won't be traded this offseason. It is also unlikely that Twolves would accept Parsons contract but we'll never know since they would have the cap space to add Martin's contract on the trade. A trade of Parson, Jones and the 1st round pick for Love and Martin would be feasible. If we knew all along that we would lose Parsons, we should have traded Parsons before the Dallas offer came. We all gonna miss Parsons. I see him as the weaker version of Scottie Pippen.

2. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Or we could have traded him this off season for Love plus the NOP pick and either DMo or Jones?

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

they let him walk for nothing. ****ing nothing.

then they basically say they don't give a **** about next season and will look to the next FA period. The only thing thats a bigger joke than this team are the damn koolaid slurpers that eat the crap Morey and Les sell them.

2 people like this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

A player signed to an offer sheet cannot be traded without his permission for a year.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

link pls

6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

No trade clause. 15 mil a year

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Right. However I mentioned earlier that it was Parsons preference to go to Dallas in the situation they had for him. Obviously he wanted to make a Harden/Hou type of move somewhere to be the face of the franchise & make an All-Star team.

Maybe the Rockets couldn't get much for him considering the trade kicker, but you could have at least gotten something for him later on. Fegen forced Howard out of Orlando. I'm sure he could have help line up trades for Morey to help get Parsons out of Houston at a later date.

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Sorry, it was in one of the threads today (so many) and I'm not too good with twitter. I'll summarize, Feign basically said that the rockets were mostly done and people who are waiting for a big change need to wait for the 2015 FA period..

I'll see if I can dig it up.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Players can't get no trade clauses until their 8th year in the league I believe. Only players that have them are Duncan and Kobe

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr] League rules state that any player who signs an offer sheet with a new team in restricted free agency and then sees that offer sheet matched by the incumbent team can’t be traded without his consent for one full year after the offer sheet was matched. [/rQUOTEr]

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

So what you are saying is we should have traded Parsons for Love and Rondo? I should start a thread and propose this. ;)

12. houactuar

houactuar Member

Grow up. No one wants CP for that kind of stupid money. Sure you could trade him. like J Lin if you throw in draft picks, in other words you would have to pay someone to take him. That is not an asset, that is a liabilty.

Chandler Parsons is a punk. Your bromance with him is over. He was never my type. He's got the wrong plumbing for me. I can't believe how many CPOFs are on this site.

Go Rockets.

There is a reason DM is a GM and you are a poster on an internet message board, all kinds of dumb posts today.

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

CPOF? Wtf are you smoking, stop posting and addressing me. I hate to be condescending, but the level of intelligence this conversation requires is way above you. That being said, I will tell you that I have been saying this along with his 3rd star nonsense was going to happen for over a year. Not because of a prophecy..but because of common sense / practicality. I guess that makes Dork Elvis an even bigger tard.

14. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

hyperbolic statement is hyperbolic

15. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

... what exactly do you want them to do right now? Sign someone for the sake of signing?

16. newAge_Rockets

I can understand where they are coming from about Parsons and Ariza not elevating us to championship contention, but I think it's wrong to let him walk for nothing. Of course, it's wrong that Dallas offered him a freaking max contract. None of us expected that, and the contract plus the player option (which I think played a huge role in us declining the contract) plus the trade kicker made Parsons too much.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Ariza has matured... Now if they get rid of or McHale steps down, we'll see what happens.

18. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

I don't see any argument that disproves how much worse the team just got and how this upcoming season is just a waste unless a miracle happens.

Your entire arugment is 'yeah, we are average now but CAP ROOM!'

This isn't about being a CPOF, this is about people who value being good over having cap flexability. This is what imbeciles like you do, you spin the opponents side, create a fake motive for why they disagree.

We get it, you are happy we didn't overpay him and have cap flexability...we want to win now.

19. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Count our losses, match the offer sheet and use our exceptions to improve the bench.
    There is 12 months before we could trade Parsons, that is another year with the same core and go for it.

We choose to go for the, win later route.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Good luck trading an overpaid white guy with a stiff no-trade stipulation, while getting what you want.

Looking back, the most available option would've been to trade an unwaived CP to Minny for Love before things heated up with the Lebron announcement.

Hindsight's a b****.