1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

This.

2. Fantasma Negro

Emeka Okafor? We're not that desperate. Isn't he retired due to a neck injury? Blactche is an easy get. All trade attention should be aimed at Dragon or Bledsoe

3. King901

King901 Member

They will cry when we cant and blame morey again.

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

He might pry lose. ATL might not want to move forward long term with him or pay him the money he'll demand and decide to trade him sooner than later.

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

Just depends on the cost. This seems like one of those "he's more valuable to them than to us" deals.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We can get Millsap. We have the $8.2m TPE from the Lin trade.

We can send the TPE to a 3rd team.

Just for mathematical example, I'm quite sure we can:

Send TPE, Covington and D-Mo to Nuggets for Javale McGee
    Javale McGee + NOLA pick goes to Atlanta
    Paul Millsap and John Jenkins to Houston

Pretty sure another option is to trade TPE + Dmo + NOLA pick straight up, but I think they want a C, and I don't think we should give up the NOLA pick unless he commits to an extension before a trade.

Mathematically, that kind of trade works.

Millsap and Ariza as our F's would make us really really really good. Great complements for Harden and Howard.

7. arjun

arjun Member

Didn't the TPE go in the Ariza deal?

8. basketballholic

I think the Jones noise is about a 3-way with Detroit. S&T Monroe to ATL, Millsap here, Jones and trash to Detroit.

9. basketballholic

That's not the way TPE's work. TPE's are singular instruments. They cannot be combined with other salary or other TPE's.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Jones noise???

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's not combining if you send it to a 3rd team though. We are sending TPE and two contracts to one team, and getting back two players from another team. IS that not allowed either?

I would be surprised.

12. basketballholic

I'm all for Jason Smith. Get him NOW!

Also get Brandon Rush! There's you a secondary playmaker with a skillset like Parsons only a better shooter..and may be a better defender against SG's and regualar sized SFs.

Jason Smith and Brandon Rush ASAP.

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

You for got to mention the pics, as in pictures, we'd need to get that done.

14. TheresTheDagger

WE

ARE

NOT

MATCHING

FOR

PARSONS.

15. Classic

Classic Member

that's chub-worthy

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Millsap would be great. A trade of Jones + NOP pick + other assets for Millsap might make sense for both teams and work under the rules. But I am not confident that this gets done. The reason: The Rockets could have acquired Millsap under the rules before the Parsons decision was made if they wanted-- all they had to do was to fold the Lin trade into a 3 way deal involving HOU/ATL/LAL. And I think the addition of Millsap would be an adequate enough substitute for Bosh for Houston to match Parsons in order to focus on this season rather than 2015 flexibility. If the Rockets couldn't get a Millsap deal before the Parsons decision, what makes it different now?

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Will be very happy if Milsap is paired up with Howard on this team, adding a better wing defender(below avg scorer)...

Asik, Lin and Parsons gone...but adding Ariza, Milsap, and perhaps Okafor plus other mins...might be better...

Definitely on the Milsap train...totally underrated and terrific/team friendly contract. Perhaps we could offer an extension as well

18. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

If milsap isn't in their long term plans they might not want to pay him come next year. Trading him now might make sense if they don't feel confident they can give him the kind of money a team like Houston would.

It took a pick (like the NOP one) + an expiring + a young rookie to get harden under similar circumstances. If they're unsure about being able to resign him they might just trade him for our stash.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I assume that Atlanta wasn't interested in moving their All Star. It's hard to believe that Morey wouldn't have explored something like this.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

It tells me that Morey was pissed in regards to Parsons contract structure. Whomever he plays for next season will have to deal with a terrible player centric contract that essentially prevents him from being shipped. If the Rockets were for some reason able to nab Love, Parsons would go bye bye...his contract would prevent that flexibility. Dan Fegan orchestrated this well for Parsons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.