1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will NOT match the Chandler Parsons offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jul 13, 2014.

1. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Just relax guys, it doesn't look great now but the season doesn't start for a long time, they have plenty of time to make some moves to fill in the holes. You guys should really have more faith in Morey, when was the last time he disappointed you?

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Not to mention the Rockets are young and *everybody* on the roster should be better than they were last year.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Why doesn't that also apply to Parsons who has improved every single year?

DD

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Who said it doesn't?

The chances Parsons will improve to the point of being worth his contract is slim, however.

5. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

It is expected that Parsons will improve, but I'm not a believer he'll improve to the value of his contract. The same way Lin was expected to play to his. Also, the values of the players listed aren't in the same paygrade as Parsons. That contract means he would need to come close to Harden and Howard.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Because his defense has un-improved every year

7. mazinger

mazinger Member

No he hasn't. Still misses about 40% of his layups. looses the ball 60% of the time on fast breaks. His defense has regressed tremendously.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are right about Ariza's limitations but no one is asking him to be a playmaker, create his own shot or be a ball handler. He is a 3&D player. PERIOD. He is a role player, one that this team has lacked for a good long while.

Think of Ariza playing the Rashard Lewis role while Dwight was in Orlando. We need to play 4 out and 1 in to maximize spacing and maximize the strengths of our stars.

But I do agree that the Rockets lack at least one more facilitator, having just Harden be the floor general with no assistance (e.g. Parsons, Lin) is just asking for trouble. Dwight is at his best (our whole team really) when 2 or 3 of his teammates can run PnR successfully.

IMO Houston needs to sign Lance Stephenson at the very least if Parsons truly is not being matched.

9. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I'm kind of bummed out. Understand the reasoning but I feel like you can't afford to plan for the future at the expense of the present when you have two top 15 players in their prime.

I'm glad for the Ariza signing though - he's very well-suited to partnering with Harden.

10. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

haha fact.

11. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Pulling numbers out of your a$$, so you're one of those guys huh?

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am not bummed out about not matching Parsons. Love Parsons, but that is crazy money for a role player. What I am depressed about is Ariza is his replacement. Oh man, he seriously sucked during his last tenure here.

13. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

lol, Rocket is going to waste Howard another year.
    Good job.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I agree, sir :)

15. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Yep. What is wrong with Les and Morey? Hey Les and Morey, Watch Howard leave soon.

16. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Come on.. Parsons is not the answer. This year isn't lost because we lost Parsons. It would've been the same regardless. Minus 2 or 3 wins.

17. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Harden/Howard duo is best in the league next to Durant/Westbrook.
    Ariza does everything Parsons can do, plus is a better defender/slasher.

I still say we bring in Blatch, AB0 if possible, other shooters and the team can still compete.

18. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

LOL so what algorithm did you use to determine that?

19. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Honestly, I kind of wish as soon as Bosh turned us down, we would have just hopped on it and signed as much depth as we could have (including Ariza) while we had the cap room, then matched Parsons. Basically running last years team with a lot better depth. Granted, I don't really have any names in mind, but IMO letting this core grow and get better together and adding a solid bench behind them (as well as collecting assets) would make me feel better then trying yet again to bank on a huge free agent coming, that ships sailed IMO

1 person likes this.
  20. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

We struggled against Clippers and Thunder last season too WITH Parsons. Matching him doesn't change a thing.