1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets will NOT match the Chandler Parsons offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jul 13, 2014.

1. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

They were 1 game away from beating the defending champs last year. This while the Rockets got knocked out by the Blazers.

THe Mavs aren't looking 5-6 years down the road.

Dirk probably has 2-3 years left so they gotta go for it now.

2. HCA

HCA Member

Ariza is way better defensively which is something you guys cried about all season and in the playoffs when batum dropped 20 a game on parsons.

Ariza shoots the three at the same clip.

Ariza and parsons suck at ball handling, but ariza can finish better than parsons.

Parsons is only better at the transition three, ariza is better at running the floor.

Parsons has potential which is what dumb gm's overpay for.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Parsons got better and offense every year, yes. His defense went from being able to significantly slow down Dirk to can't handle the tough assignment of Batum. So, no, he's been the same since he started.

They were not good enough last year, so what has changed? The roster needs to improve for them to take the next step. Otherwise, Harden and Howard have to dedicate themselves to getting truly better in the offseason.

I've been saying that since Cyberx posted it. You never pass on an opportunity to get a player of that caliber.

[​IMG]

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

[​IMG]

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/jsaTElBljOE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/jsaTElBljOE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I'm less upset already on losing him. I think he has a chance to be great but those pictures with Cuban were a big FU to the Rockets. I wish him nothing but the worst but I think we can be okay without him.

5. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

Maybe not an All-Star. But apparently, Parsons will be named to the Team USA tomorrow.

6. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Expectations of being the new max guy to take them over the hump...

My cousin lives there and thinks there starting 5 is now finals worry because if this. :grin:

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Cuban eating his own version of a poison pill contract. Love it.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Anyone watching this off-season can clearly see it hasn't went as planned yet people criticize fans for criticizing management.

9. haydenfisher342

anyone who think the mavs arnt going to be good next year obviously dont know basketball. they going to be in the playoffs and fight the rockets for the 5th - 6th spot

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

The Spurs and Thunder are the big winners in this. Dallas kamikazed their own cap space to screw over the Rockets.

11. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I normally don't delve into conspiracy theories, but that picture of Parsons signing his contract at a club was awfully suspicious, like he was goading Morey into matching.

12. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

Ooops, sorry, replied to the wrong message.

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

I think that Chandler will easily make the transition into Dallas society.
    Seems like a good match.

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

at least he developed a horrible skin disease

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Damn, this hurts.

Whilst Chandler wasn't worth $15mil a year - people need to sit back and remember how truly terrible this team looked in the games Chandler sat.

Sometimes you've got to pay for the glue-man because the step back from the lack of cohesion is going to be a little harder then people realise.

If Morey can go out and solidify a couple more bench positions with the new found money - I can be content with a deep team rather then a top heavy team.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We lost our third best player for nothing, when we could have had him this coming season for under $1 million bucks. Spin things how you like, people, but that's where we're at. Ariza is not Parsons. I hope I am surprised, but my feeling right now about Ariza is that everyone will see just how not like Parsons he is when the real games start, and there will be some unhappy folks around here. It's not what I hope for, but it is what I worry will happen. I'd love to be wrong.

1 person likes this.
  17. calcium

calcium Member

I wouldnt have matched either.

But the team is weaker right now than end of last season.

Will see what Morey's next move will be.

I am thinking a PG (Rondo?) and a backup C (no idea who).

18. HCA

HCA Member

They have no defense outside of Tyson chandler. Dirk is getting older and they have no bench. They will win 1 playoff series and it is over for them.

Dirk is a bad matchup for duncan period. The thunder would have crushed them even if they beat the spurs.

19. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

They've already been over the hump. That starting 5 is solid though, you gotta be honest with that. Monta showed tremendous progress last year, Chandler gives them the defense down low. I'm sure Cuban will blow the mid level exception on another capable player, maybe to replace VC.

20. shlhl

shlhl Member

Dallas try to add Lance Stephenson. if so, it got a lot better with addition of CP and Tyson. We need to try get better and try to win every year even it cost more money. Well, hope to get big fish next year for this year's back ward and no high expectation.