1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets will NOT match the Chandler Parsons offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jul 13, 2014.

1. steady

steady Member

It's the right call.

What hurts is that in this case Morey did not treat a player like an asset. He could have taken the 4h year of Chandler's contract, and shipped Chandler's ** to Boston or wherever in return for something good, but he didn't. He wanted Chandler here, and he wanted to show him some respect, I think.

Still this is not the end of the world. I actually think in the long run this weird offseason could make the Rockets better, faster.

Go Rockets!! Keep the faith CF.

2. conquistador#11

chasing one of those guys will be our downfall.

why do i feel like I just ended a relationship. any hot chicks want to binge eat ice cream with me?

seriously though, i got nothing.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Didn't see this coming. So I was wrong that Ariza was signed just as an asset.

Now I am scared. I don't trust Ariza at all.

4. solodolo

solodolo Member

Ya scared man . Parsons is not worth 15 million , ill rather them waste the money on players who dont talk smack and cant even back it up . Defense and 3s not parsons who I cringe when hes doing iso

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We can clear 13 million in cap space, Stephenson, Bledsoe and Monroe are the only ones left spending it one and they are all restricted.

Trade Motiejunas, Canaan
    Waive Casspi, Powell and Covington

and we would have 13 million to throw at one of them.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

For the people bringing up Durant. I would not get my hopes up on him coming here.

7. HOUSTONROCKETS5

We have to be going after Lance Stephenson right?

We have to make up for the talent loss of Chandler Parsons, Stephenson would make sense.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fplay-index%2Fpcm_finder.cgi%3Frequest%3D1%26sum%3D0%26p1%3Darizatr01%26y1%3D2014%26p2%3Dparsoch01%26y2%3D2014&div=div_advanced"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fplay-index%2Fpcm_finder.cgi%3Frequest%3D1%26sum%3D0%26p1%3Darizatr01%26y1%3D2014%26p2%3Dparsoch01%26y2%3D2014&div=div_per_minute"></script>

http://www.basketball-reference.com...y1=2014&p2=parsoch01&y2=2014#per_minute::none

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If you read the general vibe of his tweets this offseason he kept reiterating he did what was right for him. Even when Jeremy was traded. Honestly, is Howard going to be happy Chandler is gone? Hell no. I do believe Howard knows its a business. Keeping Chandler essentially meant Houston was committing long term to the big three of Parsons, Howard and Harden. There is no way that tandem alone could win.

10. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

we werent going anywhere with McHale anyway

11. vernonmaxwell11

i for one don't think parsons will ever become that max contract player (or all star). ariza will very likely play better than he did with us previous because he is not the first option anymore. he'll be behind howard and harden to keep his ball possession time down.

12. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Liveguy, strike out every time?? Really ?

Do you not remember Morey getting Howard last year, and Harden two years ago?

13. bro2044

bro2044 Member

im strangely okay with this. I wanted Bosh, and I wanted Parsons, but not having either of them frees up SO much money to sign players of similar caliber for a LOT less money.

and lets not act like Parsons showed up for most of the playoffs, nor did he try as hard on defense this year. I would've loved to kept he and Lin, but... it is what it is. Things will move on, and Houston WILL improve.

Best of luck Parsons! I live in Dallas now, so I'll still se plenty of you (if not more).

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

Can't express how shocked I am.

Stupid Dallas. Stupid Cuban.

Stupid Bosh.

15. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I agree with Morey. Matching Parsons would've made it more difficult to improve the team, and wouldn't have been the final piece to win us a championship. As a Rockets fan Chris Bosh should be considered on par with the Utah Jazz, and Chandler Parsons should be considered a traitor. People say there's no loyalty these days in the NBA, but all it takes to change that is an act of loyalty to the team that took a chance on him in the first place. He could've been a Rockets great. Now he's just a mercenary who took a few extra millions to play for a ****ty Dallas team.

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Parson's is a great guy. Glad he bilked Cuban of 45 million. But I am happy we didn't tie ourselves to that anchor.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Looks like Morey is still trying to swing for the fences. Parsons is not the third star. So they are saving that money for Plan Z.

Folks, get ready for another two years of the revolving door asset swapping game. I am REALLY tired of it.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I feel sick, this is just...... Ridiculous

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

His 3 point % the last 4 years:

If that is not a consistent improvement over time, then I don't know what is?
    And his career playoff numbers are excellent (0.442 from downtown over 52 games).

Last season he was a superior player to Chandler Parsons - comes out equal on most offensive metrics, and vastly superior on any defensive metric.

But there is always that fear of 'contract year' - he DOES tend to blow up in contract years...

20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

The cynic in me thinks this is about Luxury tax more than championships. With or without Parsons, this team isn't championship material next year. What moves did they have in mind to become contenders in 2016 that are aided by losing assets? And that would be the 3rd year of Howard...this is really stupid at first thought. I know Morey is better at this than all of us, but he is now on the clock.