1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is now the scapegoat?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RiceDaddy7, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

What, no poll???

2. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Are you kidding? A lot of people here hate their own lives and feel better about picking on someone who makes a zillion times more than they do. They need to blame someone.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What the hell is wrong with you? there is no irrational hate toward Lin, there was irrational hate toward the basketball and the possession of the ball

the basket hated Lin and so did the ball, so the ball would magically run away to Mo Williams or the Out of Bounds area or some dude on the other team

4. texansalltheway

Chandler bang if he is matched

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Love the penny pinchers on Clutchfans who care more about Les' money than Les.

6. coffeelover665

I feel race is a heavy factor in this. Even though Chandler will be playing big money but won't be putting up lines to reflect that, I feel Chandler won't be blamed as much. Heck I don't think I would blame him that much if he stayed at his current production. However, I feel the next person to be blamed will be Morey since he will received backlash for not getting Bosh and Lin's eventual increase in numbers on the stat sheet will create some haters and how he traded away great point guards. Asik numbers will work also up playing starting center again. He will also get flak for keeping McHale when we lose close games. And he will get flak whenever Parson or Ariza have a bad game. Brace yourself Morey devotee, winter is coming

7. coffeelover665

I don't mean race

8. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Race is a factor, but not in the way you probably think.

A lot of Asians are to blame for really having an obsession with Jeremy Lin's success; myself included. I'm sure this annoyed a lot of people, not because of race but because of the pro-Lin side being heavily comprised of people who liked Lin solely because of race. I also feel that his big contract was created by racial components, especially with the rumors that Les forced Morey to sign him in hopes of securing business relations with Asia. This worked FOR Lin's favor. Unfortunately, it made him very unpopular.

2 people like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Jeremy Lin seems like a good person and role model, but I unfortunately don't want him on my team. He really did not handle pressure well, not his fault but always was under a microscope and also was too inconsistent. Maybe he will have a long honeymoon in LA.

10. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

Well said! Would rep if I could. :)

11. recadna

recadna Member

Parsons. Ariza is a close second.

12. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

ariza or one of the rookies.

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

hahahahahaha hate Lin fans, they think he never does anything wrong..........

Lin just isn't that good, not a very smart player

14. recadna

recadna Member

None of our starters handled pressure well in the playoff: DH's FT, Harden's defense, Chandler's bricks, Jones's non-existance etc.

15. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Ariza, because he makes a ot of boneheaded plays
    Parsons because he will never live up to a 15m contract

16. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin also exploited the situation to his own benefit. I don't blame him for taking the endorsement dollars from wherever they came, but he and his brand-makers helped the spotlight shine brighter. That he also participated in the machine just brought more pressure and expectations, imho.

I really dislike that it didn't work out for Lin and the Rockets. In general, I don't enjoy seeing a player lose his confidence, which is what appeared to happen with Lin.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

With Lin's faith, I bet Linsanity messed with his head even more. Linsanity must have seemed almost like God's will for him. The when Linsanity didn't continue, I'm sure he went through a lot. Who knows how he interpreted it: he wasn't really that good, it was other people's fault? Anyway it had to be hard when Linsanity ended. He probably has faith that Linsanity 2 will happen with the Lakers. The way this plays out with Kobe will be really interesting.

18. recadna

recadna Member

I do not think he lost his confidence. In his last six games as Rockets in the playoff, he was pretty aggressive and averaged 11.5 ppg with 43% FG which is pretty good for a bench player.

For comparison, PB was 8 ppg with 37% in more minutes. Harden was 26 ppg but with a 37% FG.

19. reliableman

reliableman Member

For Rockets fans: Troy Daniels
    For Lin fans that will follow him to the Lakers: Kobe
    For Lin fans that will continue liking the Rockets: God

20. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Parsons, Morey(Ariza) and McHale. People were letting CP slide for his mistakes cause he was the homie, but now things have changed so when he messes up he's going to get called out on it. Ariza had a bad first stint with the Rockets, so if he shoots 3/11 on a night we're gonna be saying that Morey was dumb on giving Ariza a 2nd chance. McHale because **** kevin mchale.