1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

LeBron James returning to Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 11, 2014.

1. JazzLakerHater

But...but... The Heat got Shabazz Napier!!! That's enough to lure Lebron back right?!?!

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

LeBron got them 2 championships and now that hes gone they're gonna burn his jersey smh.

3. jayland

jayland Member

The Cleveland fans gave them the idea back in 2010.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

meh never liked the Cavs organization.... now that Bron is playing there won't change it.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

There are some fans that are just not classy.

7. conquistador#11

in honor lebron and the maurys (bubble fans)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lbSOLBMUvIE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/c4qBuEYciYc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/c4qBuEYciYc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LeBron James is expected to wear No. 32 in return to Cavaliers, which he last wore as a freshman in high school. <a href="http://t.co/0g2QNqr5Mp">pic.twitter.com/0g2QNqr5Mp</a></p>&mdash; RealGM (@RealGM) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealGM/statuses/488045617919188992">July 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

He's got some Wiggins in him ;)

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Thursday night the world didn’t know if Lebron was staying or going. Riley met with him in Vegas, and Riley’s right hand man in the ‘decision’ in 2010, D. Wade, was flying across the country with Lebron on a 5 hour flight. It was stated after the flight that the two (former)teammates didn’t discuss what Lebron was about to do. If you believe that I have some beach front property you can buy from me in Akron, Ohio.

What else do you think they talked about? Girls? Soccer?

Now reports are coming out that LJ didn’t let Wade in on the plan at anytime, and left Wade stating that he still hadn’t made up his mind. He flew south to go watch the World Cup and SI.com released the news that King James was going back to his kingdom to rule. Wade’s has had two family friends speak out and say that Wade feels like he has been, “backstabbed.”

But why didn’t Lebron tell Wade on Thursday? Actually why didn’t Lebron throw Wade the no-look pass stating, don’t opt out of your contract?

Wade isn’t reporting anything, but those close to his camp have said Lebron lied and that Wade is now furious. Who wouldn’t be furious after opting out of his contract as Pat Riley told him to do so they could restructure the contracts of the big 3. Two weeks later, Lebron is gone and Bosh was signing for $118 Million. Wade had to have his agent call Chicago to spark up any type of talks.

Sure, Chicago could make Wade an offer, but it won’t be anything like what he had with the Heat. $42 Million guaranteed that he just signed off on because he thought Lebron was his friend.

Pat Riley and the Heat almost had to offer Bosh the maximum. After watching the finals this year, one has to wonder if Bosh deserved even the $88 Million the Houston Rockets wanted to pay him.

Wade is a different story altogether. He is 32 years old, but at times he looks 42. He plays with the same aggression when driving the basketball to the bucket that Iverson use to, but he still doesn’t have a jumper outside the arc. He almost HAS to play that hard in order to score. He sat out 33 games this year, and just like Bosh it seems he sat out the NBA Finals with the rest of the Heat team besides Lebron.

Will the Heat offer Wade what he gave up to keep LJ in Miami? Why would they sign him back to a long term deal when he isn’t a long term player anymore? It seems like the fair thing to do, but after his own ‘friend’ back stabbed him why should he trust the franchise?

Chicago didn’t really want Wade until his agent contacted him, and even they know it is probably just a rouse to get Miami to pay up. Between Rose and Wade they don’t even have but one good knee between the 2.

Wade feels hurt, and he was hurt. Now he has to figure out how to get the money he left on the table back into his bank account.

http://www.wickedjumpshot.com/wade-associates-lebron-lied-to-wade/

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dwyane Wade:

[rQUOTEr] "As a friend and a teammate, I am sad to see my brother LeBron leave to begin a new journey. In 2010, we decided to come together all for one goal -- to win championships and we succeeded.

"We were friends when we first joined the league and created an unbreakable bond the past four years. Our collaboration will always be very special to me both personally and professionally. We shared something unique and he will always be part of my family.

"LeBron made the right decision for himself and his family because home is where your heart is. I know this was not an easy decision to make and I support him in returning to his roots.

"As an organization, a community, and as individuals, we achieved the goals we set when we first signed on together. We are champions."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-dwyane-wade-s071214,0,453179.story[/rQUOTEr]

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Hrrm, who to believe. "wickedjumpshot.com" or Wade's own statement? :grin:

It's a tough call, but I think I'll just go with Wade's own statement. Classy move on his part. i'm sure he's known quite some time. Again, just rewatch his media statements after they lost to the Spurs.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dwyane, return to your roots..Chicago

15. Bosh4

Bosh4 Member

That wickedjumpshot story is garbage.

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

With how high LeBron and Wiggins can jump they might be doing some NBA Jam type alley oops lol

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]With an eye towards maximizing the future of the salary cap, LeBron James finalized his contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers on Saturday, sources familiar with the process told ESPN.com.

James has agreed to a two-year, $42.1 million deal with the team with the goal of re-signing with the Cavs before the 2016-17 season when a new television contract is expected to create a large jump in value of the maximum.

As part of the deal, James will have an option to become a free agent next summer but is fully committed to the Cavs long term, sources said.

"I always believed that I'd return to Cleveland and finish my career there," James wrote in his essay in Sports Illustrated announcing his decision on Friday.

Depending on how the new television contracts are put together, the salary cap is projected to leap to as high as $80 million in 2016. There is also uncertainty with the current collective bargaining agreement starting in 2017, another reason James wanted to keep his long-term options open when it comes to the structure of his contract.

Because of James' off-court earnings, which top $40 million per year according to some estimates, allows for him to take some short-term risk to maximize long-term earnings.

James has earned $129 million over his 11-year career but has only earned the max salary three times in that time.

James' Cleveland-based agents Rich Paul and Mark Termini structured the deal with the Cavs.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11207703/lebron-james-deal-cleveland-cavaliers-2-years-421-million[/rQUOTEr]

#378 J.R., Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  18. Egghead

Egghead Member

THIS JUST IN: LeBron James' deal with Cavaliers will be for 2 years, $42.1 million.

19. Mr Chuck Norris

Oh no he's gonna be a free agent next year too?!

My god man stop jogging the spotlight!!