1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Call me crazy but I would rather have boozer and an asset from CHI (if it's really possible at this point) than be locked in with Ariza for something along the lines of 4/$48.... Keeps more flexibility and less redundancy ...

2. King901

King901 Member

Was that our main problem last year? Wing defense?

3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I believe they will morph the bodies of Trevor and Chandler to play the Small forward Position a human hybrid if you will a beast the NBA or humanity has never seen before.
    A ..... Chariza..

4. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Whats the rule on Boozer? Would the Rockets have to pay any of his salary or is it a new cheap contract?

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

So we sign Ariza for 3/30 million and let Parsons walk and call it a off season? :(

Beverley/Canaan
    Harden/Johnson
    Ariza/Covington
    Jones/Motiejunas
    Howard

On the bright side this rosters salary is only about 53 million, leaves us with 10 million to spend on the free agents who are all gone.

6. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

My question too King. We are in the western conference, where PFs/bigs and point guards rule.

7. pakattak

pakattak Member

Damn, I never heard this kid before. This is some pretty mature songwriting for a 19 year old.

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Ariza is a better for than Parsons IF there is more consistency in offense from power forward. If Bosh signed here instead, Ariza would be a better option than Parsons

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Getting stops last year was definitely a problem last season.

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lets see. Hou LOVES rondo but will wait till they finish eating there Carmello bar, B4 they move on</p>&mdash; Drew (@HoustonsOwnDrew) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonsOwnDrew/statuses/487821157198880769">July 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If we get TA. Lookout for a PG</p>&mdash; Drew (@HoustonsOwnDrew) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonsOwnDrew/statuses/488016099913375744">July 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <strike>It's</strike> Something's happening?

11. BHannes2BHonest

Please no :( But with that scenario, I think we match parsons as well

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

is this guy even credible?

13. BHannes2BHonest

DJ? :p

14. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

In no way am I saying I WANT Ariza, but it's funny to me at all the discussion regarding "the first time".

Do you guys remember the things that were being said the first time we signed him? The big thing was he'd played well as a ROLE player for the Lakers, but we were hoping he'd be able to take his game to the next level and become a go to guy/#1 or #2 type option.

He's SOLID as a complementary player. Still plays excellent defense and isn't near as streaky of a three point shooter as he once was. In this offense with Dwight and James, he will or at least should be much more effective, and efficient, than he was during his first time here.

As a couple have mentioned, what was one of our big needs last year? Better depth and a 3 and D type guy. Arizona definitely fits that mold. We played with Casspi at the 4 quite a bit early last year. Who knows for sure if we are not matching Parsons if we sign Ariza.

I'll withold judgment until I see what Morey's entire (backup) plan is.

Again, I'm not by any means saying I want him (especially OVER Parsons). I'm just pointing out the circumstances are entirely different this time.

15. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

If Ariza comes off the bench that is a MASSIVE upgrade from Casspi and Gracia. Something that can shorten both Harden and Parsons' minutes

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Parsons and Ariza would be redundant, one would have to come off the bench. I highly doubt Parsons can be a sustainable PF. But, maybe the Rockets will try just that if we strike out on everything.

17. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

*Ariza not Arizona lol. Auto correct

18. King901

King901 Member

So signing a sf similar to the one we had last season solves that I guess right?

19. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

The problem is the price, you do not sign Ariza for around $10 millions a year!! There's guys that have already signed for less that are imo more valuable and better in certain areas as opposed to a little bit good in all areas like Ariza.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

how about that Spencer Hawes $6 mil per deal...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.