1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sleepyazn, Jul 11, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Powerpoint and Word > Jeremy Lin

Hell, Lotus 123 > Jeremy Lin

2. tinman

Supporting Member

He needs to watch out for Beverly, Lin might get a bruised chest

3. afk

afk Member

Sorry, sometimes I can't tell the difference. :grin:

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Derrek Fisher, the old guy > Jeremy Lin

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Tmac>Lin :grin:?

6. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I like your post on Lakers forum. You sound like a Lakers fan for a long time already blending in over there with your first post.

I really like this Lin move. I thought he was way underutilized in Houston and has become underrated. It yields us a first rounder next year, and Lin's contact expires after this year. If he plays well I wouldn't mind signing him for a cheaper contract for the future. And if he ends up sucking like a lot of posters think, he comes off the books after this year anyway. Heck, maybe you can even get some kind of asset for him at the deadline since he's an expiring.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Even when Tmac was quiting, he would never let Mo Williams steal the ball from him.

Lin has the worst basketball IQ I have ever seen.

That's the lasting image I have of Lin, getting ripped by Mo Williams and never calling time out .

8. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

New Coke > Lin

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

So you are using these arguments to say that LIN was not a good person??? Just admit that you are one of the closet bigots and stay out of this thread. And I still consider Hakeem and Mutombo to be high character individuals regardless of a misstep or two in their lives. It's pathetic that you would even disparage Hakeem in your insane hate for a player - Lin is synonymous for the ultimate work ethic, character on/off the field, sacrificing everything on the court and being a good Christian. Lin is a flawed player, like every player, but whatever his limitations it is never because of a lack of hustle or giving 1000%.

And both Hakeem & Mutombo are pillars of the community and have been recognized for their humanitarian projects locally and abroad. So pull up your dress, your bitterness is showing.

1 person likes this.
  10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

That was the play that sealed his fate.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Give it a rest drama queen.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That was on par with Josh Howard in Dallas out of bounds. Ew.

13. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Dare I say Matt Maloney > Lin??

14. tinman

Supporting Member

No i'm right. That's the most lasting important memory of Lin as a Rocket.

This year: Getting ripped by Mo Williams and not calling time out.

The year before: Getting a 'bruised chest' in the playoffs

Kenny Smith, Sam Cassell? No even close. Not even Matt Maloney.

15. zdrav

zdrav Member

Rockets only paid him $5 million a year.

Rockets fans should decide on whether to measure Jeremy's cost at the cap hit level or the actual salary level. Because right now, people are inconsistently picking and choosing whichever makes him look more expensive, and therefore, worse.

Fact of the matter is that after all that was said and done, Lin cost the Rockets $10 million over 2 years.

1 person likes this.
  16. SPBR

SPBR Member

It's an appreciation thread. No one's going to change your mind if you didn't like him. This thread is not for you. Seriously...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/moSFlvxnbgk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

No, I was merely stating that appearances are deceiving. To make a good person argument is flawed when you don't know said person. Where the heck are you getting the impression that Lin is synonymous with hustle? What's your evidence? Please, stop being a history revisionist and see him for what he is: An overrated player. Anecdotal evidence is great because it requires zero substance behind it, and your argument is loaded with anecdotal evidence.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

$8 million is his cap cost, so $8 million is what we could get with an equivalent player via trade. That seems like a fair number to me.

19. zdrav

zdrav Member

I definitely agree, except that many here suddenly started to ignore his cap hit and instead use the $15 million figure after his 2nd year. Other people need to be more consistent instead of picking and choosing facts to suit their agenda.

Lin was and is an $8 million cost to the Rockets, I agree.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Also, stop being a douche. If I don't agree with you it doesn't make me a racist. I can dislike Lin (and love Yao) and not be a racist. When you cry racist, it makes you look stupid, ignorant, and above all a worthless poster.